Downtime Server Downtime - March 11, 2021 - Game Update 111

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on March 11, 2021, to launch Game Update 111. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Game Update 111 features Survival Mode Season 2 and the St. Patrick's Day seasonal event.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.
    • Like x 5
  2. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Since the game exists, is there really no way to reduce maintenance time now? I'd be really curious to know what happens during 8 maintenance to understand, why" so much time?"
    • Like x 2
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

Amongst other things I would think that they have to propagate potential data changes over all player accounts as well as update all servers to make sure changes are constant across the board. Also unless I'm mistaken all major updates have to be reviewed and approved by PSN, Xbox Live and whatever the Wii network is called. I suspect that they have a minimum window for that review. Beyond that you should always pad in time for issues and roll-backs.
    • Like x 4
  4. Secret Son of Krypton Level 30

Will the test server still be available?
  5. oMAUROo New Player

I would like to see if we will be reimbursed for such long maintenance, because if we add all the maintenance that happens in a month of those who are legendary, we spent almost two days without playing for what we paid.
  6. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

they have WAY too much downtime , it appears their stock answer is to just shut things down till they can manage to figure out whats wrong with the game they've built and maintained daily for over ten years now....NO other game has daily downtime, NONE....ANYWHERE....it all makes me think they have a lot of incompetent people who are incapable of doing what the staff of EVERY other game in existence seems to be able to do....
  7. Nikola27 New Player

what's the new bonus this week?
  8. KnightOS New Player

Can anyone tell me what Survival Mode 2 is? I've seen it referenced a lot, but without explanation. Looking forward to St. Paddy's! Have a lot of feats that I need to clear out.
  9. Shalayah Committed Player

It’s not that big of a deal. Just find something else to do lmao. DC ain’t going no where.
    • Like x 4
  10. Lasos New Player

I’m really hyped for the SM, but the episode sounds beautiful as well, can’t wait, devs you guys are going on the right direction.
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I think they mostly say "eight hours" because when the used to say "four hours" people would whine and moan if it went five minutes over. Now they say "eight hours" to give themselves a safety margin. And if they do it in five hours, then everybody is like, "Wow, that was fast. Thanks!" ;)
    • Like x 5
  12. Inconforme+ Active Player

As you say, you mistaken, that downtime is since January 2011 as well the daily "reset", they decide for some reazon(company owner, ceo's, marketing, dictature, bussines, whatever the reazon), just no evolve, is the ESACTLY same game since January 2011, just a few things like the autoorder of the inventory (and could be better).
    Hope the next company stop the bussines focus, and start game focus, and is fine, is a bussines but no is JUST a bussines, is a GAME bussines, so DCUO focus more in the game part please
    • Like x 1
  13. Deathsaurus Well-Known Player

Finally, no more Amanda Waller blablablabla!
  14. agrasa New Player

feels like forever
  15. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

are we there yet?
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Bottom line on Survival Mode: It doesn't help you. As you've probably noticed there are no Feats for SM. So in other words, you can't get any SP for playing. There are trinkets, but they're no more powerful than others that are already in the game. There's no gear drops or vendor gear, so no progression & no exobytes. You get Nth metal, but that's no different than playing any other content. Overall nothing in SM helps your combat effectiveness. It's played for fun & styles, but if you've got other things to do in the game that can help improve your toon, then time spent in SM only detracts from those efforts.
    • Like x 1
  17. Stardazer Committed Player

Kind of adding to this:

Surivial Mode basically an arena with challening waves of adds followed by bosses. You start at Round 1, defeat waves and final boss, then move onto Round 2, etc. Each Round gets harder and harder. Like Captain said, it's not really there for character progression, but moreso for player who want something challenging to do. As you get through higher, harder rounds, you can unlock unique styles for bragging rights. Other than that, if you don't care for hard, teamwork challenges, it's won't matter to you. The devs have stated the earlier rounds are more accessible for players, so you could check it out and see how far you and your team can go for fun.
  18. Berzley New Player

This was one of the most confusing things I've ever read. At least put a little effort into your keyboard.

Anyway, server resets daily are likely due to using weaker servers. The original reason, as far as I've read over the years, was to aid in performance. Regardless, 30 minutes a day of downtime is nothing if it means minor patches can be applied and performance is maintained.

An eight hour window to deploy a massive game update is normal. It's wiggle room for when something goes wrong and gives extra time for final testing. I'm sure you'd cry and whine if the server went back up and nothing worked.

It's a game, that's run by a business not a charity. If you want 100% uptime and endless free content, build your own and let us know how it goes.
    • Like x 2
  19. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I'm sorry, what? SM can help a player immensely. I'm also certain the SM trinkets will become one of the better ones when the pet damage update comes.

"Overall nothing in SM helps your combat effectiveness", this is false. It will actually improve peoples combat effectiveness.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Eh, you're both kind of right. The trinket pets are same strength as others except in SM itself, they get a 10% boost. Outside of sm, they'll be as strong as the strongest pets. It helps a player get better and gives the players that think elites are too easy something to do. Progression wise, doesn't do anything to your toon. But making "you" a better player isn't a bad thing.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.