Server Downtime - January 7, 2021 - 10th Anniversary Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Heywiar Committed Player

Not sure if this is due to the devs wanting to keep a surprise factor up or anything but the news regarding this event was a little too quiet. We usually at least know which styles we get. I can't look forward to something if I don't know what to look forward too, personally.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong because I am not sure at all, but was the Anniversary event always so secretive about the rewards?
    • Like x 2
  2. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

I believe this is the first time they have been so secretive towards an event like this. But also keep in mind that this is the 10th anniversary so they might have something extra special planned that they felt the need to surprise us with. The wait shouldn't be that much longer though and I can't wait!
    • Like x 2
  3. Elceetu New Player

I’m anxious as hell! Also it’s like when you’re a kid you know your B’day is coming up but you don’t know what your parents are planning but you expect it to be good.. also nothing wrong with making a mistake. They should have written it better. As for sarcasm...why? Especially from strangers
    Sarcasm is not polite. So in my opinion if you have nothing nice to say...say nothing. Most people ask a question because they REALLY don’t know..
    • Like x 4
  4. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Could we at least get the patch notes now? I legitimately can't wait any longer. Its 11 pm for me but I want to stay up to see what all this hype is about
    • Like x 2
  5. Bishop5858zinc New Player

i would like to see what the venders have:cool:
  6. Bishop5858zinc New Player

Woo i can't wait to get started
  7. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Well they are probably testing the servers now. US and EU servers show up but locked.
  8. Zeph El New Player

A little suspense is a good thing but recently we aren't getting any information. We find out Thursday about the events for that Thursday. This level of secrecy is extreme and not great for building excitement and anticipation.
  9. mouseymouse1976 Active Player

I can't wait to see everything
  10. DoubleNegative New Player

They've been like that for hours—not sure that means anything.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only reason I see it as 'not good' is if it's building false expectations. If we are all assuming the reason why there is no info, is because there is some magical thing going to happen and if it's just the same event as last year AND no gift or a lackluster gift, people will be disappointed. Now...is that on us...the players? Yes, it is, but the Devs should know if left to our own devices too long we will generally get a mob mentality going. Especially when the few nuggets that have been dropped by the devs seem to point to something impressive or surprising. The same ol' same ol' will be a bit of a letdown. This is why I will save any reaction till the 11th at least. I'm not sure today's launch will be the full monty.

Pitchforks and torches by Tuesday though....o_O
    • Like x 1
  12. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Here's hoping for a four slotted toaster and sock puppet collection for our bases:D
  13. AV Loyal Player

I'm sure we'll all be up and crackin' soon.
  14. rimvader Well-Known Player

[IMG]

IKR !?
  15. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

US servers are now showing as up.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: US PS/PC and US Switch are online.
    • Like x 3
  17. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Just waiting for the EU server to unlock.
  18. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Sooo... will EU come online soon?

Or do US get 5 hours downtime, 1,5 hours testing, followed by half an hour bug-fixing, so EU gets an 8 hour downtime followed by a smooth Event launch? ;)
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: Xbox is now online.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

EU up when? is there a reason it takes so long?
    • Like x 4