Downtime Server Downtime - January 31, 2019 - Game Update 91

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Dread Coffins Level 30

so... they are sexists... with a sick mind and tendency to aggression... hmmm... now i see... they definitely must be isolated from society... forever...
    • Like x 1
  2. New Technologie New Player

Hello DCUO Support, I have a problem I am [PC] player and I have a material bug, I can not take the material balls out and put on more than 3 materials. I have 6 materials, but I can not exchange with other 3.:(
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure you have your reasons, but it's kind of odd that you are carving out an 8 hour (maybe) part of the day on the last day of the Anti-Monitor event AND reset day AND last day of free episodes. 8 hours also assumes that we won't have issues logging in after (which has happened in the past) or require subsequent on the fly reboots after the update in the remaining 16 hours of the day, if issues pop up. I'm not sure anyone would have balked if the event/eps ended as scheduled with a full last day and the downtime came after reset tonight(early tomorrow), eating into the 1st day of the Valentines event...which is just starting and will run for a month.

Many people hit it harder at the end because they realize they are falling short of marks that they thought they would have ground out by now....especially expecting 1 final reset day to run stuff on. Personally I'm good....I ground a lot this event, but I had planned on padding my base item inventory by squeezing some extra runs in on alts, or maybe a few replays on my main and buy another few vendor collection pieces.

Reinheld
    • Like x 5
  4. Eve YouTuber

It will be fixed with today's update
  5. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

Second this. Really annoying.
  6. cinet New Player

how long before servers are up?
  7. The Crysalid Active Player

There's absolutely nothing odd about it. 8 hours has always been the normal projection, and they always do this the day before switching events or content. This is literally what always happens. By the way, did you happen to grab the tin foil hat style in game? It looks very smart.
    • Like x 2
  8. Nighteye New Player

must raid..
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed that they mostly do the update the day before the new event starts, but that does not always fall on a day that is the last day of another event (or double event this time if you count the free episodes as a separate event). There are a few back to back events out there, but mostly it's a slow period when the update comes out, killing 8 hours of a normal grind day.

Not sure about your tin foil hat comment though. Typically a wearer of a tin foil hat would be someone who is pitching a conspiracy theory or paranoia. I'm saying it's poor planning as the V-day event could have started on the 2nd with the update on the 1st...after these events ended, or still stayed on the 1st and just had the update during the first part of the day. After all, last year's Vday started on the 5th of Feb and there was a downtime that morning of the 5th, and the anniversary event had ended on the 31st of Jan. Conspiracies (successful ones at least) are not normally poorly planned, not sure the tin foil hat was a good fit. I do however have the style, thanks for asking...I wouldn't call it a 'smart' style as much as comical.

Reinheld
  10. Eve YouTuber

Are we there yet? ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Darkness Orbit New Player

Hopefully it’s back up soon.
    • Like x 1
  12. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Don't Make me Pull this Thread Over!!
    • Like x 3
  13. AquiloFury Committed Player

^^well played lol
    • Like x 1
  14. 01 Cantore Level 30

for when do you plan to update the PC graphics?
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Xbox and US PS/PC servers are now available. EU will follow shortly.
    • Like x 5
  16. Luke© Well-Known Player

US first, EU 2nd :(
  17. Eve YouTuber

If 2 hours more is shortly I have no idea how time works lol
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 2
  19. BliZzz New Player

still says it is under maintenance for me
  20. israeltashman000 New Player