Server Downtime - February 25, 2014 - Game Update 34!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ReddRosey Well-Known Player

Um i actually dont know what to say bout those prices but i do know that i will not be looking foward to buy them ill let it come to me then sell btw thx for the update experience info ughh i feel like ive been cheated by comcast see ya in the game soon
  2. Winter Nyx Active Player

I'm getting the same problem, I tried just letting it sit on the black screen to see if it was still loading, after 2 hours nothing changed.
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

Maybe should have said "Moon returns with new features" to stop people from complaining.
  4. Cataclystic New Player

I am also having the problem when i launch the game. I get Black screen after the SOE Logo
  5. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Mepps posted on another thread that they are investigating the black screen issue and the patch issue.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

aaah, so thats why I heard the "hallellujah" chorus echoing around the world.
  7. Cataclystic New Player

They still havent fixed it Please help me what do i do if black screen comes up after SOE logo when you launch the game
  8. DPRINCE New Player

Thank god no weapon mastery. Hopefully now that you're sober u have realized that removing the advantages of clipping is stupid.
  9. Teminem Well-Known Player

For a later hotfix in dcuo, make the sorcery weapon purple again, that would be great and I think a lot of sorcery users who had purple suits match their power or something would agree. :) Also, it would look a lot more attractive. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. SteelSD Level 30

Ok, here's what I did...(currently using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

I had the game running in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode. I black-screened out every time I attempted logging in.

I changed the compatibility mode for DCUO to Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). Viola! I'm in. Here's how you do it:

1) Click your Start button.
    2) Find the DCUO game icon. Right click on it.
    3) Select "Properties" at the bottom of the pop-up box.
    4) Click the "Compatibility" tab at the top of the pop-up box.
    5) Select the check box that states "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
    6) From the drop-down box, select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" <note: you may have to click on the "Change Settings for All Users" button prior to doing this>

If that doesn't work, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" or make another selection to see if it works.

I don't know why this works for me, and it's stupid that it does AND the devs need to actually offer a real solution...BUT, I'm in game now.

Hope that helps everyone, but I'll be happy if it helps anyone.
    • Like x 2
  11. Leet Active Player

So another thing they might want to mention:

After update installed I logged into my lower character and could not purchase any feats. You need to login to your main character then logout and go back to the character that you want to purchase feats for!
    • Like x 1
  12. EricB New Player

7871 MB......7 Gigabytes an update. Really? Do you guys mind fixing this issue a litle sooner, we only get 500 GB and your updates are bigger than complete games on the PS4. On top of that, our Ps4s are probably not moving at max speed because of your 1 game taking almost 100 GB by the end of the year. Please fix it. Injustice is a 9 GB game. This one update is almost the size of injustice with its add ons. That's a problem.
  13. GodofSorcery New Player

Im playing now on usps3
  14. Crimson Hawk Well-Known Player

what happened to the T5 PVE breakout trinket?
  15. KRR New Player

Not what I was implying but thank you for the information.
  16. KRR New Player

Have no issues here logging in, downloading etc. Didnt even have to wait forever for initial start to begin. Maybe next GU will include termination of F2P. LAG would sharply reduce. Not to mention weeding out the ghetto crowd a bit.
  17. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Unfortunately, Nothing in the Hotfix to help those getting the black screen. I have now been waiting almost 10 hours to play the game after restart. But we do have fixes for people who have access.
  18. DizKoNktD New Player

This is actually useful, Back when GU33 was released, I was having a similar issue and I did exactly this. it seems like every new update tries to mke itself compatible with later SPs but doesn't, so sadly this has to be done
  19. synergies New Player

ok im in, not sure if they did anything or not but all i did was go into the properties and un-check run in compatibility mode then switch it to windows 7 and left it un-checked. restarted the client, it would not load so i clicked on the maintenance tool and updated files list and poof im in.

Note this could quite be SOE at work and my motions actually did nothing what so ever but just in case
  20. Morgynne Remington New Player

Don't know why it worked, but it did! Thanks for posting!