Server Downtime - December 19, 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All servers will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on December 19, 2019, for an update. Downtime may last up to 4 hours.

This update will prepare the game for the rest of this year and the upcoming anniversary event, as well as lift recent trade restrictions.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.

This hotfix and downtime will not apply to Nintendo Switch.

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 7
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Will the New Construct Trinket, Orbital & Robins Henchmen be Tradeable?
  3. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Yes Muzura.
    • Like x 3
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Well, if you're preparing for the anniversary event & (more specifically) the annual member gift, then
    this is a good time to review the problems with the Skip to 250. I’m guessing it will be 250 since the skip has raised in CR each year from 170 to 210 to whatever it will be this year. However, even if the Skip remains at 210 everything below still pertains.

THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT DEALS WITH REAL MONEY THAT PLAYERS SPEND ON THE GAME

The problem with the skip is twofold; 1. it does not give the character everything necessary to play at CR 250, and 2. It allows players to enter near-end game content without knowing how to play.

As said above, players have to pay almost $50 for the skip (other than the free anniversary skip), and with such a high price (for $10 more, a player could buy Modern Warfare), the skip should give the player everything necessary to play at CR 250. Following is a list of everything that the toon needs to have to be combat effective, the most critical of which is SKILL POINTS. The skip is essentially substituting for the time it would take a player to raise a toon from Level 1 to CR 250, and during that play time all the items would be earned by the player, so they should automatically be given to the skip character.

1. Skill Points. The skip only gives the character ~80 SP. At CR 250 you need 300 SP to be effective. Most long-term players would rightly disagree with just giving players SP they haven’t earned. The solution is this: skip to CR 250 automatically unlocks all the feats already on the player’s account which have been earned on other characters. That way the new toon isn’t given anything the player hasn’t earned and the player doesn’t have to spend a couple hundred dollars on replay badges in order to play CR 250 content. (this is related to the other major problem – new unskilled players, see below)

2. Gear. The toon needs two full sets of gear, one for DPS, one for support role.

3. Generator Mods. If the player is just starting CR 250 Content (Atlantis), he should have 12 Generator Mods from the previous episode – Judas Contract.

4. Origin Augments. If the player is just starting CR 250 Content (Atlantis), he should have 8 Origin Augments, each at the max from the previous episode – Judas Contract, which I believe was Rank 217.

5. Adaptive Augments. If the player is just starting CR 250 Content (Atlantis), he should have 4 Origin Augments (2 DPS, 2 support role) at Rank 23 each from the previous episode – Judas Contract.

6. Artifacts. By the time a player reaches CR 250, he’s got at least 6 Artifacts (3 DPS, 3 support role) each at Rank 120 or higher. The player should be able to select from all the Artifacts released up to Judas Contract.

7. Base Dispenser. By the time a player reaches CR 250 he’s earned enough Source Marks to have Tactical Mods, Orbital Strike, Supply Drop and Back-Up / Sidekick. The skip toon should be given enough SM to buy all of those things.

The other thing that needs to be fixed is the level at which a player can use a skip. According to the PlayStaton Store, ‘Must have at least one level 4 character to use.’ It should be quite obvious that level 4 players don’t have the skill to play at CR 250. Not in DPS role. Not in support role. Not even if they have all the items listed above. Even skipping at Level/CR 30 is too low because the 1-30 missions don’t teach a player how to use a support role. The way it should work is this: You cannot use a skip to CR 250 without having at least one character at CR 250. In other words, the player raises his toon from Level 1 to CR 250 the hard way (which allows him to learn how tanks, heals & trolls support the team in Alerts & Raids, and also allows him to build up his SP by gaining some Feats). Then he can use the skip to move a new alternate toon from Level 1 to CR 250.

Again, the cost for a skip is very high, almost as much as some full brand new games, so the player needs to be given everything they need to actually play at the skip CR. It’s extremely misleading to imply that the skip will allow a new player to play content that high without giving them the right equipment & without ensuring they have the appropriate knowledge and skill. Without that (as seen in previous years) you end up with a lot of frustration & anger from both the players who use the skip & from senior players when the skip toons are incapable of supporting the team in multiplayer content.
    • Like x 2
  5. Lily1234 New Player

Mepps how can I send you a private? I want help with a big problem. Please
  6. JaePeoplez New Player

If the lifetime memberships coming out on pc will they be coming out for PS4 as well? If not will there be a way to transfer one of my characters from PS4 to pc server with my skill points for a possible transaction?
  7. Zekivas New Player

What's going to happen to the switch? Are we going to have to wait till Friday to get broker access back or is there something else wrong specifically to the switch?
  8. Paper New Player

I was wondering since the broker will be up, will those who had items in the broker get their items back?
  9. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Super Gre.. i mean Awesome!
  10. Riddim7 Active Player

For a moment i was wonder where is common sense in taking offline server 2 days in a row, when you could do both things in the same time, but then i looked on uppper left corner of launchpad and all was clear - common sense and customer satisfaction isnt important.
  11. Ascended Well-Known Player

I definitely agree that the skip should include augments and artifacts and all the rest of it. Without that stuff you're at a huge, huge disadvantage even if you're an experienced player.

And I like the idea of unlocking all the feats you've already earned on other toons.

I'm not totally sold on only letting players who've already reached 250 skip though. I mean, you're not wrong about the problems it causes when new players jump into the deep end, and it'd be nice to not have to worry about getting grouped up with someone who's not ready. But first, how does that work for players who aren't at 250? Do they miss out on the skip completely, do they have to let the item sit in their bank until they hit 250? For new players that'll take forever, and the next year's free skip will be close! The other problem I see is that lower level content doesn't get run much. We've got experienced players complaining that they can't get into old content to finish off feats/styles because no one's in que. That's gonna be a hurdle for new players too, and it's gonna frustrate them to have this CR skip sitting in their bank, useless.

Maybe if you require a player already have a toon at 125 to skip to 250? By the time you hit 125, that's what, New Genesis content or something? You should know how to play your role by that point and you won't have to slog through as much lower end, un-played content to access the skip.
  12. Eliza New Player

please put for Christmas all the contents of the past events throughout the year, to be able to buy basic objects and styles ... although for 3 days I would very much like to buy some past styles or basic articles in events that do not I could participate :(
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, they will be returned in the mail once the broker is up.
    • Like x 3
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It was important yesterday's actions were complete and successful before going ahead with today's update. Doing them together had significantly increased risk.
    • Like x 9
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You should be able to click on my name and then start a conversation. If for some reason that's not working, you can post in the Task Force X subforum.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So the broker will be up today?
  17. MC GreenLantern Active Player

Yes
    • Like x 2
  18. Iconic Founder New Player

Mepps, really thanks for coming here and thanks for explain some things for us. Most of my friends just leaved the game these weeks because of some problems in the game, not only about these maintenances, but also about mail, broker, trade... and the some others problems, really sorry to bother you but, could you try reading this Thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...e-nowadays-ways-to-some-some-problems.306271/ ? have some ideas that could help to solve some problems in the game, and also, make some ppl be back to the game, most of mine friends would like to see at least one of these things happening. Thanks for reading this mepps, also, we're grateful of you explaining these things for us, these weeks were really... boring in the game, and i love the game, im trying to cheer up my friends to not leave the game yet.
    • Like x 1
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Stop trying to make sense. :D
  20. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

The first thing I am going to do when the server is back online.

Anything but run straight to the broker.

I don't think a mass attack on the re-upped broker is a good idea.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.