Downtime Server Downtime - August 25, 2021 - House of Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDrone Well-Known Player

For me, this was really rare. Like once a month or less. I never let them leech though. Once it was obvious that was their plan, I'd just get up and go do a sink full of dishes. I usually came back to find the event completed or the other person gone. They'd rather leave and requeue than participate. So stupid. One time though, somebody called my bluff. I wasn't bluffing. I did a sink full of dishes, a load of laundry, mowed the lawn, and made lunch. He got booted from the game for inactivity (I suppose), although we were at 3-4 hours at that point. I finished the event a minute later. So enjoyable.
    • Like x 2
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I thought that wasn't happening? the top three episodes won't pay out marks. so, Flashpoint, Legion, & Wonderverse will carry on as non-mark paying endgame content until the launch of the next episode, surely? & then, it drops down in the list & converts? unless we're being left with just two episodes in the endgame bracket?
  3. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

That is a good point. I suppose we will wait and see. I was excited to finally cash them in. If not, that's cool too. It's not like we won't have a million other ways to get source marks
    • Like x 2
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Technically were getting Ep 41 Today so.. Convert Time
  5. PolarisSylar Committed Player

How about the aether marks ?
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Nothing was said about the Aether Marks.. perhaps a 2-1 or something. We will have to wait and see
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Huh? Top 3 eps after today will be LLL, FP and 41. WV should fall into the 'used to be splintered coins' bucket...or as I like to call all currencies..."eventual source marks". Conversion should be today after the servers are back up

The question is Aethers...what to do with Aethers? I'd guess nothing right now, but something should need to happen. I've got a few alt accounts I'd like to finish the OP head or mod feats on, but they are near 100 and I'm not doing one more rotation grinding Aethers unless I know what's happening with them. 600 odd rotations is enough.
    • Like x 2
  8. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

Same but in a duo once, knightsdome. Person stood at the intro and walked super slow and stopped. We bickered a bit then I showered, ate dinner, went on a beer run and clapped out the wife. Came back to my rubber banded controller to keep my person moving in circles and the message ‘soloed, b***ch!’ And a cleared instance just under 3 hours later. Petty king right here.
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it's not an episode. it's an update. there is no new content.
  10. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

By technicality, it's an episode. It does have new currency and new gear to get with said currency. I hadn't really thought about it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

41 isn't an episode, though? it's an update. all the "new" stuff anyone will be running is just clamped old stuff. & that's permanent, not episodic. I mean, they're calling it an episode, but it isn't. there's no new content at all. none. a couple of new styles, with a feat attached to each. that's it. & what happens when it reaches drop off point? does it suddenly stop paying out marks & convert to marks? I don't understand how that's working. if it's an episode, & WV stops being endgame content, then they're leaving paying members with only two episodes in the endgame bracket, & not the promised three.
  12. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Did they offer the ability to change Splintered to Source on Test?

If they didn't (unless it was an oversight that no one thought to mention/check), then Wonderverse will still be considered "End Game" most likely when episode 41 goes live.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Imagine catching heat for doing the opposite?

Someone was so salty they sent me a private tell yelling at me for not waiting on him.
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

They did not.
  15. RahRah Active Player

I hope not. I built up max splintered coins on a few toons just to convert them to source marks
    • Like x 1
  16. rimvader Well-Known Player

Only 5hrs to go,
    [IMG]
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it were just an update it would be 116 as 115 was the last 'update'.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...downtime-july-15-2021-game-update-115.316557/

Also it's been called 'Episode 41' since the announcement.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/preview-episode-41-house-of-legends.316917/

While it's not a traditional episode it should still fall into the 3 episode routine. It has it's own currency, and is listed as an episode in the feats list...although so is DOS and it's not an 'episode' either...so there's that.

I'm betting splintered are going to be source this afternoon. I don't see a reason that would not happen.
    • Like x 3
  18. RahRah Active Player

Better not be that long lol Will be midnight for me. I think should be up in 3hrs or so
    • Like x 1
  19. Faded Killa Level 30

Bu
    Everything they have showed and said leads me to believe that splintered coins are here to stay still
  20. Zamara Dedicated Player

Episode 41 (House of Legends) is an episode, the update that has the stat clamping, allies and the access level changes is just coming out with it.
    The episode will be cycling through different solos/duos, alert and a raid that are scaled up versions of old instances, they have their specific currency, each of those instances has an event version, a normal version and an elite version. It also has a new event/drop gear and a vendor gear, the vendor gear is level 300. It won't have new gen mods or specific augments but the origin augments will get the max increased and so will the sp tree. There's also a new OP item.
    They didn't make new instances as a whole bc they used those devs' time and resources for the new stuff that's getting added along the episode. The episode also serves as a way to introduce the new cross faction hub.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.