Server Downtime - August 15, 2018 - Game Update 86

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

WOW Okay so knowing how to do the calculation from 1 time zone to another .... We are now moments away from the game being off line for 6 full hours. And this update was supposedly so simple they didn't even feel the need to have it on test before it went live? Getting a very scary felling when the loaded it something went horribly wrong.
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OPPS updated.. when I read that PS was up i tried again and in the time it took me to type this original message PC went live as well LOL
  3. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

Superman Actors: 1948, 1951, 1978, 1988, 1989, 1993, 2001, 2006, 2013

nice to know

• Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 5
  5. SandMancr Active Player

6. BaddKimmio90 New Player

7. DPGLERCH New Player

They are trying something new, they are going to write and do the programming of the new patch material on the day of the patch :). (No more overhead from having the devs employed year round)

Ya, the 8hr downtime is a bit much but its one day.
  8. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Ah. I posted the time converter based on the time the update started with a potential of 8 hours ("up to 8 hours"). In other words, the end time of the converter I posted was supposed to be the latest time for the update to be finished.

As you can see, they finished before that time (as they often do).

They say "up to 8 hours" so people will not be *ahem* angry if it takes longer than they expect. They will never tell us how long they actually expect it to take, because that would just be putting targets on them for abuse by entitled fans.
  9. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Can't wait to see what's available to unlock! Am I going to have to go through all of my toons' styles again to see what will pop up?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.