Downtime Server Downtime - April 26, 2018 - Game Update 82!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selkie New Player

Maybe they blew a vacuum tube... or the punch cards got ripped.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sasami Well-Known Player

You are making a few assumptions here. The primary one is assuming that when you 'unlock a style' you are actually buying a style you do not already have. That is FALSE. You have the style, albeit on another character, you are just making it available on ONE alt per purchase. That hardly justifies the exorbitant prices they are charging for some of these.

A suggestion to the DEVS. While you have FUBARed your servers and they are down, you might want to seriously consider inserting a hotfix to this BS you are foisting off on your customers and adjust those prices WAY downward.
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For now. The minute you create a second toon...boom, useful. Either way you're an edge case at best. Not everything implemented in the game will benefit EVERY player at the same time or at all.
    • Like x 1
  4. KYZEL19D New Player

Less traffic on the XBOX servers probably. Most play on PS4 or PC
    • Like x 1
  5. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

6 hours or less
  6. HawkmanJac New Player

HAHAHA! I noticed the time stamp change to 2:17pm as soon as I mentioned this. Thanks Mepps.
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Good thing God of War is out.
    • Like x 1
  8. KapteinKapsel New Player

I've been opening the game every 10 to 15 minutes the last 2 hours to see when it gets back online! I NEED IT BACK ONLINE lolol
  9. mightyearthsage New Player

Why was the maintenance extended?
  10. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Statistically speaking it's called out-layer he's an out-layer. LOL:eek:
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

According to Mepps, there was a hardware issue. Sounds like a piece of equipment needed to be changed out. Possibly a large/critical piece if it takes three hours.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...018-game-update-82.295947/page-6#post-4125136
    "Update: We are addressing a hardware issue with the US PC/PS world, which we expect to take at least 3 additional hours of downtime. We'll update when we have a more accurate timeframe to share."
    • Like x 3
  12. Selkie New Player

Isnt it outlier?
    • Like x 2
  13. KYZEL19D New Player

HEY DEV TEAM!!!! ANY UPDATE WOULD E NICE! lol
    • Like x 1
  14. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

I reported him
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A fifth color option is not a bad idea at all. Just realize it'll be a while before something like that is implemented.

That's not how they work, and because of tech limitations they can't be implemented onto individual color slots.

Coding the game so that players could design their own floor plans would be too large an undertaking with very little to no benefit for the company...not to mention potential issues that can arise. So it's not something likely to happen.

This already exists, it's called Vendor 00. For Heroes that vendor is located in the room between the Tech & Meta wings where the respec chambers are located. In the Hall of Confusion Doom, it's located between the same wings but downstairs in near the Pit.

There's the Ultimate Aura from the time capsules (I forget which one at the moment) and the Fourth World New God Aura from the Anti-Monitor Anniversary event in January. You can find both auras on the Broker.
    • Like x 1
  16. Simple-Man New Player

i said styles , not gear . like the fact that most people get these rare items on first attemps and there are other still spending money for that one collection and people over pricing this is just unreal . so not only have they just spend 200+ on time caps to still not get what they want ,they then run to a money buying website and end up spending another 100 to 150 on fake money to afford what they want on a video game
  17. LastSong New Player

I see im not the only one.
    • Like x 1
  18. Simple-Man New Player

yeah but then u have to think of how many people with 16 characters and how many faction changes it would be , how many new characters would be made , not to mention the amount of obtainable auras between each player they would be making quadruple what they would make off time caps. i kno for a fact there are other players other than me who dont open time capsulse. after my first 50 dollars not getting anything i stopped there
    • Like x 1
  19. HawkmanJac New Player

I love the wait....it allows me to read all these excellent posts. :)
    • Like x 5
  20. MANHUNTER231 New Player

Do you have nothing better to report
  21. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

and when it came back up it was laggy, I had to exit and restart STO for it to work
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.