Seriously?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Aug 28, 2016.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

So since I came back from a break nearly 2 months ago, I have done RIT nearly everyday and not had the Nuclear shoulders drop since. I then do RIT last night and not one, not two, but THREE shoulders drop in the whole run, one per boss!

So I've had to wait for nearly 2 months only to get spammed with them in a single run?

The coding and RNG in this game really are the biggest load of crap.
    • Like x 10
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

RNG is RNG.

GG RNG.
    • Like x 6
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I once played Parcheesi without ever rolling a 3.
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

RNGesus can be a real dick sometimes
    • Like x 6
  5. BumblingB I got better.

RNGesus has blessed you with your gift of the piece you needed. Bountiful!
    • Like x 6
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

On my main toon i get all the pieces fairly regular.
    But on my villain alt, i got the shoulders only one time. And the feet, 2 times. Hands and heads, like a thousand.
    • Like x 2
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

Secret to get what you want: go away for 2 months.

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.
    • Like x 1
  8. Controller Devoted Player

"RNG" can even affect FEATS.

I "just" got the right combo of friendly add / boss to FINALLY achieve the "Happy Hypolota" feat - after over 2 years of trying.
    • Like x 1
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Had the exact same thing. Took me 50+ runs to get the shoulders on my main. Got em 2 days ago.
    • Like x 1
  10. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Its happened to me as well. After I got my nuclear elite chest, it dropped again in another run. I've been trying to complete the dwf elite 4piece set since the third week of episode 24. Also during RIT's debut, it took me about 13 runs to get the last elite piece that dropped in the alert which is the head. I've seen the elite head drop more frequently after I've gotten it.

The RNG is rigged, I've witnessed it from spamming rit elite with leaguemates and each of us ending up missing a certain piece.
    • Like x 1
  11. Scrub Well-Known Player

Lol I think this does a nice job of summing up one of the biggest problems with the community....people finally get what they want and still find a way to complain about it.... rip takes like what 10 minutes now? It's not like you're working your *** off beating extremely challenging content only to get things you dont need. You're bulldozing through trash adds for 10 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Two things with the RNG need to happen.
    1. Narrow the percentage odds of everyone to a smaller amount.
    2. Change the gear to a gear box and allow us to choice which piece this should also include the 8.3 mods that drop plus make them account bound
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

best gear need to be in the vendor not obtained by luck
    • Like x 9
  14. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

I did it 10 times before I got the gloves...but I got the headpiece twice on my first run thru RiT, put one on toon as dps and other as troller. THEN over the next nine runs thru I had the helm drop SEVEN more times. Seven. RNG essentially means you're playing dcuo's version of roulette. (We won't go into why I had to play the game for over a year before the Sharpshooter legs dropped in the Vault for this toon)
  15. Ichiro Loyal Player

At least you got what you wanted I am still looking for elite hands of which I only get elite feet and elite head to drop.
  16. STARGARD Well-Known Player

The Elite drop rate is disgusting. I have run elite and didn't get an elite drop before.
  17. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

You're doing it wrong. Rigging the RNG is simple: Focus on your opponent and ignore any fish.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Nothing will change sadly because replays.
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I find certain roles tend to have specific pieces drop more often.

Month 1 Content:
    Trolls BELTS and BACKS
    Tanks CHEST AND LEGS
    Healers LEGS and BACKS

Month 2:
    Troll: Head and Shoulders (probably why I got the OP head in the first week of PZ)
    Healer: Shoulders and Hands
    Tanks: Feet and Hands

RNG LOL.... Not really when I can vouche as that is what I see based on the content. When I played a lot I would get all the pieces but specific ones dropped more regularly based on the support role for the character.
    • Like x 1
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

FROM THE DESK OF MR. RNG

DEAR SIR OR MA'AM

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY ON YOUR REQUESTS AND HERE ARE THE FIRST THREE OF 100 NUCLEAR SHOULDERS YOU HAVE REQUESTED IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS. THERE WAS A PROBLEM ON THE ASSEMBLY LINE THAT MADE FILLING YOUR MULTIPLE ORDER UNTIL NOW. UNFORTUNATLEY WE CAN ONLY FILL THREE OR FOUR OF YOUR REQUESTS AT A TIME BUT OVER THE NEXT MONTH OR SO EXPECT TO SEE PLENTY OF THOSE SHOLDERS APPEARING IN YOUR ACCOUNT. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN THIS MATTER.

SINCERELY,

RNG

RNG, ESQ

LOL Sorry I could not help myself but your story fits nicely with what seems to be the general rule of thumb for the game.. You waited for weeks for the one piece of gear you desperately needed to drop and finally.. just gave up and went to the vender and bought a similar piece. Then ran a duo and "well look at that--->"Its that piece you'd been searching for! Now you can slot it and not only be out 45? 50? 55? 60? marks but it will increase your overall CR by exactly..... NO increase in CR.

My theory is there is no actual RNG program at all.. they hire 15 year old boys, give them all a beer and let them decide what we get... You can almost here them giggling .. "Dude I gave that guy another piece of junk gear that's 3 CR lower than what he already has. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack. he was cursing and his face was bright red. Who can we mess with next?'"
    • Like x 2