Seriously....what's going on here???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KHALONofOGUN, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Like many, I recently took advantage of our Anniversary gift and boosted a mule toon to cr100. He is a hardlight alt that I recently learned how to combo with (something I was incapable of for the past 5 years of playing). I started having so much fun with this toon that I decided to spend a buttload of replays to buy feats for this toon (like a good little customer). Everything was golden...I went from learning how to do simple combos as a troll, to actually DPSing with full on combos (ranged moves so far, but i'm starting to practice melee...i'm a work in progress). Whenever I raise a new toon and start to get into their concept (powers, look, in-game origin), I start to hunt for styles. I started running all sorts of content just for styles or Marks of Victory to buy vendor and rare styles. Then it hit me, "why don't I get some of those cool renown styles from each wing". As I get there, I make sure to check that I bought all of the renown feats.
    [IMG]

Looks like i'm good to go right??? NOPE!!!! When I get to the vendor, i'm greeted with this:
    [IMG]

Requires Cooperative renown with STAR Labs...
    But...I bought ALL of the renown feats that I had earned on at least 5 toons the hard way...what gives??? So when I went to the renown tab to see what was going on, I see this:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

So...you buy ALL the renown feats...and you're rewarded with nothing but the feat alone??? I get that when you buy style feats you don't get the actual style...since that's something you're looking to implement as a separate feature to pay for. I'm fine with that because I get that this is a business. What I can't see is the logic behind not giving you the actual renown you paid to unlock. What's the reasoning behind this??? Can you offer some explanation for this Mepps??? Ask a Dev what happened here? Is this intentional or did somebody just forget to follow through all the way?

End of the day, I don't even want an explanation...I just want you to acknowledge this situation, and see if it's possible to provide a fix in the near future. With the amount of content grind we currently have, and the number of end-game toons i'm running (9 heroes, 1 villain), I REALLY don't have time to farm out renown in older content, and I don't think I should have to considering how much was spent to unlock the renown feats to begin with.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TL;DR: I unlocked renown feats on an alt, but apparently that did not entitle me to the actual renown favor...so I can't purchase renown gear. What gives???
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Feat unlocking unlocks feats, nothing else.
    • Like x 6
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ok...so no point in ever unlocking renown feats in future toons since i'll STILL have to do the work of getting the renown regardless. Would have been nice to know before wasting the replays.

Lock the thread please.
  4. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Seriously, why would anyone 1up this? ^ lol
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.