SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyEPK5bKqj_nE4M-XucChJQXbJnEZuB6u

I have recently started a YT series comparing the mechanics between the two games. They are more similar than you think.

If we had more room mechanics and distinct phases in a boss fight, we might get somewhere. Example like second boss in False Idols. Maybe it wouldn't be *that* much harder, but it certainly would be more interesting and fun imo.
  2. BumblingB 15000 Post Club

The thing is, Elite content really isn't that content you suggest, that is what SM is supposed to be. Escalating challenging difficulty that doesn't affect progression, because you are supposed to be already at the top progression.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Styles aren't as much of a big deal in FFXIV as they are in DCUO. Being DC Comics related does come into play here.

Also scoreboards aren't really a thing so the focus is entirely on the content design, and high damage is needed for certain damage checks. You do need to complete certain endgame content in order to access the highest gear however. For example you need to run multiple times certain raids in order to drop an antique head piece or chest piece, and if you get enough of them you can exchange it for an endgame head gear or chest gear to boost your stats. With that said there is more than one way to get a similar item level gear piece from other endgame content (more so in later patches of an expansion) though the style may be different.

Savage difficulty content is legit difficult and complex in terms of mechanics, not just something you can burn the boss through. There is gear tied to that as well.

FFXIV is different though as there are expansions once every couple years as supposed to episodes every few months. So the progression is different.
    • Like x 1
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And that’s where over-leveling was the equalizer. Want your BDSM elite challenge? Great. Have at it. I’ll wait three years until I have a chance at it.

But no. That’s offensive. I’m not supposed to ever play it. EVER. How dare filthy trash like me EVER tarnish your gleaming, god given shine?

So screw it. I don’t have to pay for it. Pay for it yourself.
    • Like x 2
  5. zNot Dedicated Player

Ok interesting i personally really love a progression based on difficulty i mean we had that during OC where the best gear came from the raids that were hard to defeat.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

What?

The only thing I can digest from whatever this post is meant to be is that you are responding with your feelings. And my opinions (and I acknowledge that they are just my opinions) offend you.

There's nothing constructive in being offended and writing posts like this over someone else's opinion.

Nothing may come of my opinion. I don't work for Dimensional Ink. This is a forum where there are a lot of players with strong opinions. Even other players on the elite side have disagreed with certain points I have made here. But we discuss them in a way that is constructive and brings more nuance to the conversation we are having here.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Well-Known Player

The Copied Factory comes to mind in regards to difficulty and obtaining the necessary items to trade in for better gear and then to take said gear and level it up in Eulmore. The Copied Factory always leaves me tired and drained. I usually log off after I visit the Mender lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I prefer Tower at Paradigm's breach out of the Nier raids. That's always a fun one to run. The music in those raids is really nice as well.

I guess the other thing is there are various gear routes to go to gear up. You can gear via the Eden raids, and/or the Nier raids, and/or just the regular Tomestone gear sets. Again this is tied into the progression through expansions.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Well-Known Player

There are so many different ways all of what you have mentioned could be integrated into DCUO, even the Alliance runs. Elite and normal could all benefit from the examples you have mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

That there is a significant primary difference as well, not to mention the fact FF14 is realistically a subscription only model, which isn't tolerated by this community.

DCUO by comparison is a rat race, and the content is designed with that mentality in mind, DC doesn't give you the time to sit there and build towards actually completing something difficult.

DCUO's mentality is basically, new elite content pops, must beat it day one so I can replace my elite gear with other elite gear because replacing it with normal gear is a waste of time/marks/money.

The fact that DCUO now doesn't even charge for its DLC content as opposed to $60 FF14 expansions only serves to heighten this rat race mentality as does simply the sheer existence of things like replay badges.

The reality is they're two very different games from a structural sense which allows for a very different approach to the scaling of difficulty within the content itself because players again don't have that rat race mentality to progress so quickly.

It is my opinion that until DCUO entirely changes the way it structures and approaches its progression and even the lengths of progression windows, it won't change.
    • Like x 3
  11. Random Mind Committed Player

If you want more of a challenge, unequip your lvl200 artifacts, use less stat points, put on the bare minimum CR gear, go into an elite raid with random people or maybe delete any mods on your equipment. There are plenty of ways to make content more challenging rather then have the devs changing the game just because you find it too easy.
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Committed Player

Locking meaningful progression behind an unpopular, overtuned raid created a mass exodus from this game.
    • Like x 3
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If you're not going to use the stuff you earned what's the point of running the content in the first place? The whole point of progression is to make your toon better, so that you can beat content.
  14. Random Mind Committed Player

Agreed. I am only offering suggestions to the OP to make elite content more challenging. I have a lot of differing experiences playing on a variety of toons, even though they are all at least 340 CR. A fire tank with high SP and arts plays different than sorcery DPS with low SP and arts, so challenge is in the eye of the beholder. If you climb to the the top of the mountain you can either enjoy the view or find another mountain.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

was just reading through some more of this thread as time permitted and it comes as no real surprise that you're in here like the broken record you always are, continuing to spin your usual ********. "oh elite's too easy, oh make it so tanking is so insane hard I'm at perpetual risk of cheap nasty one shots"...

The reality is most elite raids are not completed by the bulk of people on the first day, they're certainly completed by some, especially the top end elite leagues who play in no groups other than they're incredibly closed cliques and leagues.

They do that because they know this provides them with the most seamless way to quickly complete the content. They also want to and like to brag about these accomplishments, while at the same time complaining how easy it is, only after they've completed renown and/or even cheesed their way to feats.

The amount of "elites" that do this then demand buffs and fixes is laughable.

Now at no point do I necessarily advocate for super easy elite content, but some of elite players and I'm lumping you in this bracket because of what you say and how you behave on the forums, but you need to cut the toxicity.

You might not like this, but Qwantum Abyss is right, you can't balance content around the people at the top of the pyramid and he's also right that if you stood outside of your small sphere for even a moment your view would immediately change, but your posts in here indicate you have zero intent in doing that because you see it as "babysitting"...
    • Like x 3
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

^ this. whole world changes when you come down outta that fortress surrounded by a bunch of 200 art 500+ SP leaguemates...
    • Like x 3
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

your timing is priceless.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

19. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Aren't you the kid who spends his whole day in trade chat? Like 12 hours a day when you should be finding the bat signal with your 200 sp. Kid go get that oolong speed feat and then come here and act like you're somebody who we should listen to.
    • Like x 1
  20. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Tbh I wouldn't be against more fun mechanics or phases in boss fights, aslong as it clear and concise but in FF14 they also have extended abilities you learn and use when you level up. Giving more choice of abilities to use in battle would also help if dcuo did what FF14 did by unlocking more abilities as you progress and level up to use and I do mean new one's thematic to the power I think that adding more mechanics would be viable.

But at the moment it does not it would need a structure overhaul. No good when you only got 5 healer's and not all are capable of putting a 8 man shield up. (Looking at you nature and somewhat celestial).

But ranting aside. It's difficulty is okay could it be improved for sure but it is okay, but as couple have said leave you your premade groups and explore outside. Also budget plays apart aswell as some people not paying for super hard content.
    • Like x 1