SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Lex and that alternate Batman attacking someone at random the second the cutscenes ends is just bad. I would probably have had a serious axe to grind with this upscaled version if it wasn’t for the fact that most of the npcs have unusually low damage output for a normal alert. Some of the design choices honestly baffle me.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

This was also during the time they were having a lot of fun with cutscenes. They've made content since that this wouldn't happen with.

In the cutscene, if you happen to be the one next to Lex, he will immediately attack you, because of proximity. So for the most part, pray that the Tank is the one that is standing there in the cutscene and you are away from him. I ran Elite twice yesterday. Died there only once, since that one time I lost the cutscene RNGesus. (Or won, not sure. lol)
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I mean, just have the bosses not attack until you attack them, like the Central City bounties and SoT cultists? Shorten his aggro proximity? I’m sorry, but if I was Spytle, my reaction would have been “Oops! I should probably correct that little oversight!”.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

He wasn't content designer, he was creative director. He came up with the stories and left balancing to Loche and his teams. He could have said, I'll tell them to fix it, but at the time, it was more of a laugh, where now it counts for Elite 1 death.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, maybe it’s because I have a long history of being killed by attacks that are clearly over tuned and being told it’s somehow my fault, but I fail to see the humour.

My phone’s predictive text still remembers Sinestro’s Light Blast from Batcave Breach which was nearly two years ago. I wonder if they fixed it for the Omnibus? I begged and begged because it was clearly not supposed to be like that.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm, I've only ran that alert twice. Once before Omnibus and once after. I don't remember it being a huge problem either time. I'll be honest, I hated Metal and JLD content and I was gone for most of it. I do remember struggling on my healer alt in there, because it was a 4 healer run. (I was dps and tripled damage. lol) So maybe it is still a problem and I just was too busy trying to do damage and staying alive to really care to look at what was overtuned.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s this channelled attack that kills almost instantly and has no warning. It can be interrupted, which is fine. But nearly impossible to do it in time unless you have an exceptional healer. I begged them to add a skull, or weaken/slow down the ticks so it could actually be reacted to. But they never did.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, I think I know that attack. Yeah, it's after he powers a turret, he turns to a player and channels. I think this is where team makeup works, the teammate needs to lunge immediately. The tell is that a blue Reticle is above his head, showing that it can be lunged to interrupt. I interrupted it a lot, because he would do it to a teammate. I think I died to it once, but thankfully was picked up. It's not really a big attack that may need a big skull that he will do it, but they did add the little triangle above player's head when a boss is about to charge someone. Wouldn't be bad to have messaging like that for a number of attacks bosses are scripted to do.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I struggle with anything that has poorly telegraphed instant kill mechanics.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So three raids is like everything?
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s a lot of content I don’t say is too difficult.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What in the actual? I said I never beat Lockdown when HOP1 was the top episode. Obviously I beat it at some point after that. I think it was during AF2.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This is a public forum. I will complain about whatever I wish to complain about. I don’t need your permission. Besides, I don’t see the developers falling over themselves to adjust that laser artifact, so clearly they are capable of drawing their own conclusions. Yes, they added a tell to Stompa, but guess what? The attack doesn’t do any less damage. You still have to avoid it.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

EU.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I would have been right regardless. Like who do you think you are?!
    • Like x 2