SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

You sir or ma'am...I will buy the biggest cookie for. Give my last slice of birthday cake to.

Your love of Controllers everywhere will not go unheard. I will stun the enemies that (the Tank forgot/didn't see because they chose to Super Speed past everything for whatever reason) threaten your life. I will weaken your enemies with my Debuffs so that they feel less like monsters, but like insects under your heel! I will give to you all the Power you need to demolish your enemies endlessly. I will do this for you warrior! You will fight tirelessly! FIGHT ON!!!

There is still hope for us!!! XD

You see that Devs? Someone still loves us!! Someone still loves Controllers!!! SOMEONE!!!! LOL! XD
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Always love for the trolls. The poor neglected trolls. I think a lot of the problem of their lack of love is that they really only shine in elite content. They become so important in there vs in reg/ event, you can literally go without one. But we've also gone no tank or no heal in regular so there's that. But yeah, trolls are loved by all "elitists".
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I've been battle trolling alerts if I omnibus pug. Still do damage and my passive PoT keeps the team fed.

I really liked the controller role, I'm sad that it's under utilized by design and they are selling the role via artifacts, where the other 3 are on top of what they can do, but that's for another thread.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Variety is certainly the key, that being said, some fights are also going to end up 5-1-1-1 also.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure and thats perfectly ok IMO.
    I want mechanics design to force certain things tho. Damage checks are fine but like others are saying, i want roles (and duplicates of them) to be a must.
    I’d love all sorts of various scenarios. Even w/in a single raid! Man that would sure prompt ppl to start building a 2nd role quick lol.
    And thats coming from someone who has never liked to troll so i main a quantum DPS and have no desire to do anything else but if i had to, like really had to then that’d be cool prob
    • Like x 2
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Soooo, you like line dancing? Country music dance moves?
    No improvisation to the beat?
    ok.
    Have fun in that dance/gameplay.

edit... forgot the gif: [IMG]

a boss fight that is not scripted.... nope, not a thing. right? any examples? Drop an NPC into an area and they have abilities... that roam about the area? That'd be the Live Streams? Spawn NPC Bosses. ....! 31st century BIG dude in the circle! requires a zerg of players. Validus!
  7. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Yeah this is what you don’t we don’t want to stay to the same place face rolling our keyboard to kill a boss.

In elite the game should force you to position properly, think when to use your buffs supplies supercharges etc.

If a boss charge me and I didn’t move away YES I want to be one shoted because I didn’t react fast enough, yes more one shots because one shots are part of the challenge.

Mistakes in elite need to be always punished, not 100% of the time with one shots but some mechanics need to be punishing or very punishing.
    • Like x 2
  8. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Edit I was worried about inner sanctum elite when I made this post, and I had right to be worried and I was right there is a big problem with some of the elite content.

The first boss barely offers any difficulty to tank and healer, the 2nd boss is a joke he dies in 1mn, there isn’t a single mechanic added, and the boss is weak.

The last boss when my league did it they said they killed him in 45 sec, so you shouldn’t label this content as elite cuz it is not, and once again veterans players are totally forgotten.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was challenging the notion that normal should also be a one-shot fest. Obviously, in elite they should go nuts.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Nothing should be a cheap one shot fest, one shots are nasty lazy mechanics, especially when they're not choreographed.

Mechanics should be methodical and adhered to but never just some random ******** you can't avoid or predict because then success isn't driven by compliance, it's driven by luck.
    • Like x 4
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Then don’t go nuts in elite. I don’t care. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Random Mind Dedicated Player

First off, get over yourself. I get it, you and your league are awesome and amazing... congratulations.

Second, you and your league can have all the challenge it wants from the elite missions.... if you want it. Swapping out artifacts, removing mods and stat points can give you more of challenge, but if you don't want to do that, then stop complaining it's too easy.

Third, it seems to me like you are in a cozy, little bubble and don't realize that there are other people in this game besides you and your league that may not be having as easy of a time as you are in elite missions.

This game is what you make it.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

lol
  14. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Perfect example of someone getting mad because he can't do élite raids, so you have to attack ppl who are just asking to have harder raids in this game.

Did i brag about my league idc, if you think killing a boss in 1mn (2nd boss), and last boss in 45 sec is normal for you in some content that is supposed to be challenging, then maybe you should learn what endgame means.

Sure i should remove my gear arts and skill points, very smart from you what about No? Devs need to give ud a new harder difficulty that's it.
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

And they will. Next dlc with scaling difficulty. They already said last dlc that this dlc wouldn't have effort put into the elites. So all these posts can go away for now. Get on test prior to the next dlc and make sure that level 4 is unbeatable and that level 5 kills you as you enter the room. That way, the challenge is still there 3 dlcs from now
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What's the problem with doing it? Even in already hard games like Bloodborne people handicap themselves by doing a no level up/no checkpoint run. You can go on and make the game more difficult to yourself by not doing the meta builds or using 160+ artifacts, or just running with lfg instead of a closed group.
    • Like x 1
  17. NotMeMaybe Active Player

1: I'm running elite raids with lfg everyday.
    2: No i shouldn't have to remove my gear and arts in order to have challeng, the devs need to give us challenge so there is difficulty for all endgame players.

3: a ez way is to give us a difficulty higher than elites, so everyone is happy, but let me bet i'm sure some people will complain that they can't finish elites raids or harder raids than elite.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

The problem with elite content, those one shots are everything. There are no most or partial damage, you get hit you die. Not to be confused with boss skull mechanics, which should be a one shot that you should avoid by skill that the devs setup.

I ran inner elite on my healer, and there was no "healing" done. If an add spawned behind a player, it was death. Which means I'd have to rely on my artifacts to prevent death. How is that enjoyable.

The more I'm getting my feet wet again, since I started playing for a while, the more I'm remembering WHY I didn't want to jump in elite raids. The alerts are fun and engaging. The solo/duo is really just the normal with a little more health and attack. Raids is just one shots.

I suppose, to try and force roles. Where a second tank or a second controller could handle the adds, of course the players want 200 plus artifacts tac swap dps with eog spam healers to face roll the content.

Anyways, not a reply to you, but the topic of one shots.
    • Like x 1
  19. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I'm not mad because I can't do elite raids, I don't actually do really any group runs because I'm more of a solo player. What gets me mad is elite players complaining how easy content is and demanding devs change the game for them while not understanding that there is a larger community out there that isn't having as easy of a time as they are. It frankly reminds me of celebrities who complain about being famous. This game isn't just for you, it is for everyone. If I thought the game was too easy, I would either find new challenges or find another game that was challenging.

And yes you are bragging. You didn't have to come on the forums and tell the world how fast you beat the raid bosses, but you did. Asking the devs if they have plans for another difficulty mode and spouting off how the game has a serious problem because of how easy elite is for you and your league are two different things.

Also, my endgame and your endgame are very different based on our different playstyles. I don't have a league and am very reluctant to join one, so I'm not looking at elite raids as the endgame. I enjoy building characters which keeps me entertained and always provides me with lots of new challenges. Sometimes, I think my endgame is just finalizing my roster, but I'm an alt-aholic so that might be tough. I am also a returning player who missed out on years of episodes and so I still have plenty of feats to accomplish. I also have to ask, what exactly is your endgame? Because crushing the toughest difficulty doesn't seem to satisfy you, so what are you building towards?

As to your last point, I think you are scared. Scared to step outside of your warm, safe little bubble. Maybe finding out how dependant you are all your mods, your max stats and artifacts frightens you. I have 7 characters at or above CR 340, and I can tell you based on their various powers and skill points levels, how difficult a mission is for one is not the same for the other. So I know you could have the all the challenges you want, whenever you want, but for some reason you think the only challenge is a new difficulty mode. So you are either scared to step out of your safespace or you're lazy.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was able to crush elite as easy you but being a solo player I'm pretty sure I'll never be on your level and I'm fine with that, I don't need to be elite to enjoy the game. I'm just tired of elites' elitism attitude.
    • Like x 1
  20. NotMeMaybe Active Player

You definitely can't read properly right? Any random group i've played with have killed the 2nd boss in 1mn or 1mn30. How is that Bragging? Any group thag has the habbit to play elite raids will kill him that fast.