Sensitivity Settings

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 23rd Emperor, Jul 29, 2021.

1. 23rd Emperor Active Player

I like PvP but the problem with me is that I can't control my feelings when I lose the game when it doesn't go my way, and I can take it out by doing the most unreasonable things in the game, like punching my controller, trying to tell the other player the reason why they have an advantage over me, and rarely rage quitting. These are not problems of the game, let me get that out of the way. I take full responsibility to what has happened to my controller.

Whilst playing this game, it has gotten me to break my controller by having the right stick turning to the left be drastically slow whilst turning to the right is normal and I am fine with that. I've been playing like this for around a month now and I've realized that since other games have sensitivity settings, why shouldn't this game have sensitivity settings? I've played games like Fortnite before where it was easy to change your settings to cope with a broken controller like mine, and I think it would be much more of an improvement for the Dev team to implement a setting where you can change your X, Y, and Z sensitivity settings.

I personally think it doesn't sound like a bad idea! And it would be more helpful because I blindly decided to handicap myself with the disadvantage of being able to look up and left quickly enough where the player could be flying and hitting me from the direction that I can't look fast enough no matter how hard I try. If they knew about this, I would probably have already quit PvP by now.

TL;DR
    I think it would be a good idea to put sensitivity settings to the game! There would be no downfalls or advantages to the players because they can just switch it like pop pop pop. And this works especially for PvE because my controller is unable to turn to the right quick enough for the boss or ad to kill it or inflict damage as soon as possible. Please.
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I never have figured out how people play well with a controller. If I didn't have a mouse, I'd have gone nuts over the years.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

It sounds like you already have the sensitivity settings on high! :D

Haha but yea more seriously, it could be useful to have a setting
    • Like x 1
  4. myandria Item Storage

LOL and I am the opposite; I cannot figure out how to play well with a mouse. I've tried many times to use the mouse for movement, and everything moves upside down and backwards for me! :eek::D! If I play a computer game, I mainly use the keyboard (mouse is mainly for the menus) or a console controller.

As far as sensitivity settings, if it is a toggle settings option then I would not mind it, as I rarely use them.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A lot of people grew up playing arcade and home Console systems. A lot of us still do.
    • Like x 2
  6. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Sounds like you are developing stick drift, thats just something that happens to a controller when its heavily used, u might be able to buy replacement parts on Amazon, you would have to take it apart tho, could be the stick itself or the gel pads internally are weak
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I hope op is a rage toon. Seems fitting.
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

As someone that grew up with an Atari, NES, Sega, SNES, a Wii and an XBox...lulz. I get it. I use controllers for some games, but this game just feels so sluggish with a controller. The precision you get with a mouse is so much better.
    • Like x 2
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

like Psycho sez up there, that's probably not the game, mate, that's probably your controller. I've recently started getting something very similar happening to me with mine, & I thought it was the game, but then it happened while I was playing something else. basically, you've worn it down. it happens. best to just get yourself a new one. which is what I'm gonna have to do.
    • Like x 1
  10. 23rd Emperor Active Player

I probably didn't say this in my thread but I have raging problems so when I get mad I punch my controller and one time when I was playing I punched it and the R stick was broken. So I explained why I thought that sensitivity settings should be a good idea to put into the game for players like me that have broken controllers for the right stick or like me the left joystick
  11. myandria Item Storage

Whoa..:eek: understood. Doesn't it hurt your hand when you punch/break your controller? My old controllers only suffer from being worn out to the point that they have a very low response rate.

Do you have any old broken controllers saved? Maybe you can fix the R stick by scavenging an old controller that you broke the L stick.
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ok. maybe get a handle on your raging problems, then?
  13. 23rd Emperor Active Player

Yeah but that's not gonna fix my controller if it's already broken which is why I suggested sensitivity settings
    • Like x 1
  14. 23rd Emperor Active Player

It hurts my hand sometimes there's these 7 dots that appear on my wrist for some reason when I punch it hard enough and it stings when exposed to the air or something.

I had a controller saved up but well one it's very dusty and unclean and two I don't know how to take apart controllers and my dad is a good mechanic and he knows that controllers are complex to take apart and fix so it's better off just buying a new controller which is what I did. My recent controller was broken due to playing Fortnite
  15. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Sounds to me like you aggravate your nerves physically and emotionally when you punch that controller due to frustration. I suggest you let your doctor know about it; you may have an underlying medical condition; red dots usually do not appear on your wrist if you punch something.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I agree a little bit more customization for PS players would be nice since PS Shockcontrollers can tend to be fickle sometimes although that's probably more on Sony's end than Dimensional Ink's and they may not have the resources to give a platform's players different sensitivity settings based on play style. That said OP admits to abusing his controllers out of frustration so in a way that admission is kinda counter continuitive to what OP wants to improve too.
  17. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

self control is important in any game. a cool head is more likely to win. that said sensitivity settings would be nice.