Self league inviting

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EK1975, Feb 7, 2017.

1. EK1975 Well-Known Player

The game servers already have all the toons you have created under your master account. Have an extra option within the league invite to show this list and allow you to self invite your own toons.
    • Like x 5
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Not a bad idea but I believe mine is better. I think we should be able to mail league invites. This would be great so you can invite someone who can't be online while you're online and you can invite yourself.
    • Like x 3
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

So the invite spammers can create "mailing lists"? Thx, but no thx.

A good way to solve the OP's problem would be the exact opposite: remove the option to invite to leagues in total, instead have players apply for membership. The guild leader or any officer with sufficent rights can then accept or reject the players applying, and someone with a league of its owen can simply accept their alts from that list.

An option "league open for application" and a timecheck of the "you already applied for membership in this league in the past 30 days"-kind will remove the league spamming once and for all.

When solving problems, try to make things better, not worse ;)
    • Like x 4
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Isn't there a function to ignore league invites?
  5. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

i like that idea. now as for mail list. restrict it to one mail. one invite. one person. job done.
  6. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Yup, but a "bad" one. The option shouldn't be "yes/no" but "yes/friends only/no" because it's account wide. Make new toon, wait for a friend to invite you, get spammed in between is the current state. Changing the direction for league recruitment would really improve things.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  8. Artistik New Player

New to this forum, and I agree with OP wholeheartedly. Not looking to meet new people, just want my toons to be a happy family.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'd like to see a system where you can send invites via mail and people can just accept it at their own convenience. This would also help with alts.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

only way I'd +1 this is if we get mass messaging, mass deleting/ignoring (entire leagues and pick and choose which friends like you can on PSN when inviting to a party)
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Simple way around that.. and one I used frequently. Make new toon, leave settings at no league invites until league mate/friend logs on, contact league mate via email and THEN change settings (briefly) to accept the league invite. I made the process even easier by adding league members names to friend's list on the new toon so I would be notified as soon as they came on line.. then send a PM "Hey it's Tech. This is a new alt I just created . invite me to the league"

Once the secret handshake and the 20+ minutes verification process confirming I actually was Tech and not some clone looking to infiltrate the confines of our most glorious and exalted league Hall (LOL) I was invited to join. At that point if the salary I was offered was good and they offer me the good health and benefits package I join up.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I think this idea could work but agree with Wade about the annoyance of mass mailing invites. Now a fairly simple solution IF the Dev team ever decided to adopt your idea would be an option in settings.. NO Email Invites. While the OP's idea isn't a bad one it ONLY deals with one issue.. I have a new alt and want in my league. Your idea would allow any member of your league to create a new alt, email you and let you know they have a new one named (insert name) and then add please invite me as soon as you read this.

As my league got smaller, with members quitting the game, there were times I would have to wait a couple days before one of the "week ends only members" logged on to join. Being able to Email my own alt an invite would have eliminated that... But we'd need that option in settings first or GOD the amount of email would be rediculous
  13. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Adding a third option "friends only" for any kind of invite (especially group) would still improve the quality of life a lot. Maybe they find away to fit that into a time crapsule....
  14. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

The ability to APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP!!

Gets my vote! (^_^)
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

NOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo If they put the thing in there it will wind up and extremely rare drop and you'd need to spend like $300 to actually get it. LOL The Friend's only option would help.