Security Amenities

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChowlinShicken, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ChowlinShicken Active Player

I was thinking about this the other day... and the thing that stuck out in my mind is "Shouldn't the guy on his "Home Turf" have a "home advantage" in Lair Battles"? So, that led me to think about "Security Amenities".

These should be items that give a base owner an advantage in battle, and come in two varities: active and passive.

Active Security Amenities have to be activated in battle, and usually consists of releasing adds to help you. The drawback? They can only be used once per battle, and once defeated, are gone for the rest of the fight. Also, there is a cap on Active Security amenities, and only one can be active at a time... no army summons ::) For example:

Security Amenity: Joker Dawg Cage - when activated releases 3 trained Joker Dawgs to assist in battle.

Other ideas include a set of living armor (for all you magic users!), drones, that giant mutant alligator... I forgot to mention, a lot of these amenities can use already existing game assets!

The other type of Security Amenities, Passive Security Amenities, can be used several times during a battle, are passively activated (usually by enemy proximity), and work on cooldown timers. The main drawback is that since they are location-based, they can usually only be used in the room where they are located.

These can be attack items like turrets or flame throwers, or status inducing items. For example:

Security Amenity: Ivy's Fern - at first glance a harmless houseplant, this item releases stunning spores when enemies are near.

Security amenities do not need to placed on amenity spots, and can be stacked throughout the lair.Finally, to raise interest in battles, the devs would have to make some new styles, feats, etc.

So yeah... Security Amenities. Thoughts? Ideas for other Security Amenities? Ice Cream?
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Ehhh I don't know. Lair battles don't really last long enough to justify the work that would be required to implement this feature. Maybe if it was incorporated into a more drawn out PVP mode, it would work better.

At the minute, our gear isn't tuned to cope with the damage Weapon Mastery does. Yesterday, for example, I took a 7k hit from a DPS. 7k is more than half my health. I melted in less than 5 seconds. If that match was a lair battle, I'd be one third of the way to defeat. I can't see battles lasting long enough for this idea to work in lair battles specifically.

I could see it working in some sort of node capture match set in a base or something, though. Maybe League Halls? A node in the central room and then the features as you described them being in play. In a roundabout way bringing the uniqueness of Shadowlands to League Halls.

Could maybe even go a step further and have an iconic hero/villain locked away in the prison room which can be activated until knockout or whatever, then they are teleported out of there by Calculator/Oracle.

In summary I think your idea works better on node capture than sudden death.
  3. ChowlinShicken Active Player

Huh. I didn't even think about League Halls - good point. And different match types for Lair Battles? Another good point :)

For your capture the node thing... it could be a situation where the goal of the match is to sabotage the mainframe, generator and control panel (nodes). The base owner has a distinct advantage, BUT if he loses maybe his generator is disabled for 10 minutes or something.

Bigger advantage, bigger penalty.
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

I've always wanted the ability to place the various effect barrels/crystals that heal, explode, stun, knock things around, suck things in ect. as lair amenities... They would only be place-able on the amenity nodes(So the devs can control where they are placed), and naturally count towards your limit of six amenities. Your advantage of course would be knowing where they are for when you need them, but there is nothing stopping your enemies from popping the health barrel you left in your lair for their benefit should they spot it.

As for "Passive" lair/base/hall security... I wouldn't mind AoE floor placeables like toxic chemical pools, coolant pools, lava pools, Parana tanks ect...

Heck why not introduce a "Security Mods" tab to our mainframe, which allows us to find and place security features like:

Floor traps(Basically a panel that sits on the floor that inflicts damage and/or status effects on intruders that walk across them.(They would be fairly obvious like glowing floor panels, lava pools, glowing green sludge ect.)

Artifacts(Think like the artifact weapons from the upcoming Halls of Power, whoever picks it up first gets the buff from it... Being that it's in your lair you're most likely to know where it is, though care should be taken in knowing that your enemies can turn these against you. Ideas include:
    Powered armor(You gain powered armor form upon activating it.)
    Cursed Rhino Horn(Turns you into the Rhino "Boss" from the Circe/WW mentor mission)
    Doomsday Serum(Turns you into the Doomsday form from the Smallvile alert)
    Lantern Ring Red/yellow/green/blue(Gives whoever grabs it first the corresponding iconic legends lantern load-out)
    Kryptonian Serum(Gives you superman's loadout when picked up.)
    Flawed Kryptonian Serum(Gives you Bizaros loadout when picked up.)

Turrets(They have to be manually activated like the turrets in the bat-cave, and can only be placed on predetermined mod nodes, which may or may not be one and the same as the amenity nodes. Turret mods are obtained through running content and getting drops.)

Supplies(Basically the full range of effect crystals/barrels from throughout PvE, like turrets they can only be placed on predetermined nodes. After all you don't want to hide those orange barrels from your foes too easily do you? Anyways supply mods can be obtained through running content.)

Backup(Starts you out with a set of up to four NPCs of your choice* during lair PvP. Once they are dead they are dead. Default mods can be obtained from the dispenser that let you have up to four of your basic lair henchmen.(This is assuming that the henchman trinket is disabled in PvP) Choice depending on what lairs you own and what mods you've found while running content*