Secrets of Kahndaq Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Secrets of Kahndaq Time Capsule

Get ready for Episode 44: The Sins of Black Adam (launching next week) with this new Time Capsule straight out of legend. The Secrets of Kahndaq Time Capsule can be unlocked with Stabilizers or purchased directly in the Marketplace. Stabilizers can be earned in-game through Daily Rewards or purchased in the Marketplace.

If you’re looking to learn more about how to get, open, and use a Time Capsule - or what is in previous Time Capsules - check out our helpful guide!

Learn more about Time Capsule contents and rarities.

Secrets of Kahndaq Gear Styles

Inspired by Black Adam himself, collect your very own Champion of Kahndaq and Enhanced Champion of Kahndaq styles.

Remember, you will receive a random standard or enhanced gear piece as a choice in your loot selection window for each Time Capsule you open. When consumed, the gear will become level-appropriate to your character.

[IMG]
    Champion of Kahndaq Styles

Secrets of Kahndaq Collection Rewards

Play the archaeologist and complete three collections for new rewards: the Battle Damaged Slimline Cache (includes chest and leg styles), the Mister Mind accessory, and the Hieroglyphics Skin Set (includes three skin styles). Their collection items will appear as a choice in the loot selection window for each Time Capsule.

Please note the skin displayed beneath the slimline is the default human skin.

[IMG]
    Battle Damaged Slimline Cache and Mister Mind Accessory

[IMG]
    Hieroglyphics Skin Set

Secrets of Kahndaq Emblems

Represent the underworld and more with the Secrets of Kahndaq emblems (plus enhanced versions of each). An emblem will appear as a choice in each Time Capsule.

[IMG]
    Secrets of Kahndaq Emblems

Secrets of Kahndaq Extras

Each capsule opened also has a chance to reward the Godseye Chroma Pack. Plus, open 15 Secrets of Kahndaq Time Capsules for the Black Adam Doll Accessory and open 25 for the new Ally: Black Adam!

[IMG]
    Black Adam Doll Accessory

[IMG]
    Godseye Chroma Set

[IMG]
    Ally: Black Adam

Ally: Black Adam
    Call the unwavering leader of Kahndaq, Black Adam.

Divine Destruction
    • [Combat Ability]
    • With the word SHAZAM!, calls down 8 lightning bolts against nearby enemies, damaging and electrifying random targets.
    • At Max Affinity Level: (10) +381% damage
    Strength of Amun
    • [Passive Ability]
    • Finisher superpowers mark targets to drop a Spirit Orb when defeated (cooldown 20s). Players who collect the orb receive a percentage boost to Might and Precision, as well as healing over 10 seconds.
    • At Max Affinity Level: (10) +6% Might, +3% Precision, 40% health
    Power of Aten
    • [Passive Ability]
    • Increase amount generated from Supercharge generator abilities.
    • At Max Affinity Level: (10) +35% supercharge
    AVAILABLE October 20, 2022!

The Secrets of Kahndaq Time Capsule launches October 20, 2022 on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox! Log in and unlock yours!

Thoughts? Questions? Join the discussion below!
    • Like x 4
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I'm torn.

On one hand, I wanna boycot spending money till I get a userfriendly On Duty menu.

But on the other hand, shiny new stufff :D

Seems overall meh tho.

Prolly just gonna buy 25 Unlocked for the open x amount Feats, wait on getting the rest in Resurgence.
    • Like x 2
  3. HeBeast244 New Player

Are these coming to all consels (Switch included) or just the coveted main 3 (Pc,ps,Xbox)?
  4. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

aaaand 100 TCs later I must admit I suck at boycotting :oops:

Anyways, Quark Discount soon? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Annnd... still no word on how to get the awesome Black Adam Chest Style that's been available on the Test Server! :rolleyes:

Also, look at the new Black Adam NPC, and then look at this new style set they've given us, and the style set is quite the letdown. Even the shape of the lightning bolt is wrong! :rolleyes:

But hey, new tattooed skins are something that's been requested for quite some time, so that's cool, even if they're not the look I wanted, I'm sure some players will dig 'em.

Now, about the REAL Black Adam Chest Style... what's up with that? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  6. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I just realised..

I get a Black Adam Doll before a Circe Doll?? I'd be pissed if my Villains hadn't already be demoted to Bank Alts...

not to mention I'll never get Batman Doll, since he was a Batman Day Gift at a time I didn't have a working PS, instead of from a TC like all the other Dolls :oops:
  7. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I have to stop posting feedback before gathering my thoughts with my morning coffee.

Adam? I'd consider his Power of Aten on my Power Trolls, if he was Epic. At Legendary? No thank you, I'll stick with Cyborg and Oracle.

The skin is cool, but thankfully I don't have any Toons I'd use it on, so I'll wait till Booster sells me it's Feat.

The rest of the of the content really makes me miss Megzilla :oops:

(Absolutely no offense intented to current Art/Cosmetics team, Megzilla's work was just on another level of everything else in the game imho)
    • Like x 1
  8. Achikah All About That Base

It's a nice time capsule with a lot of really great styles, and truthfully I'm pretty thrilled to be able to have a Tut-esque headdress without a metal mask. However... there's an underlying issue that doesn't bode well for me, one I posted over in the Gotham City thread.

My main qualm here is that the two new skins we've gotten since you guys cracked the Rosetta stone (pun kind of intended) have been in Time Capsules. I'm assuming this one, like the Doll Skin, is the high ticket rarest collection reward? I hope this doesn't remain a tread. I'd really love to see new skin cosmetics utilized in Episode and Seasonal vendors, even a subscription reward. Something more accessible for the masses.

Though they've always been in the game, skin cosmetics feel new again, and they probably take time to create as well. I also know that given all this, it’s smart fiscally to place them in Time Capsules. However, much like the base community needed a win for the Episode 44 furniture, I feel the style community could really benefit from being able to obtain future skin releases in a more direct way than RNG or broker diving.

You guys might already have this planned out though, so this is all projection. I just wanted to give some feedback and prospective given the Doll and Hieroglyphic are the case studies right now.
    • Like x 7
  9. Time Stone Active Player

New feats as well? Or stupid question?
  10. Eve YouTuber

Yeah all the items have feats attached including opening the capsule to get the Black Adam doll Accessory & Ally
  11. Eve YouTuber

Please try to give us some easier ways to obtain skins. We were told it won't always be in a capsule and It's shouldn't. I appreciate the work that went for it and I know figuring it out wasn't easy but please expand on skins in other places other than caps. : pray:
    • Like x 7
  12. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Feats for opening 15 (and a Doll by Mail) and 25 (and Ally by Mail)

Feat for the 2 Style sets, 3 Collections, all regular Emblems and every Enhanced Emblem

Yep. Sadly it's the rare Collection.
    • Like x 1
  13. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Oooft, sorry to say these last 3 or 4 capsules haven’t been for me hey. Was/am holding out for a Circe capsule.

The skin is very cool though, the eye makeup is a nice touch. But it’s a very specific makeup/tattoo style. I hope we get more new/updated skins with makeup/tattoos or effects not in TC.
    • Like x 4
  14. Krimsonite New Player

Any word on when this will be available on Switch? We're still missing the Halloween event and the CR update, and now the capsule.
  15. ROOTE Well-Known Player

The rest of the offerings make up for that 1st...outfit for me. Busy is an understatement. The torn one is cool & I'm sure the tattoos are gonna be showing up everywhere! Also, the emblems are a stretch - u need to find another element to break down into parts for a feat-tied collection.

Also, listen to all these comments about Time Capsule devs. Your optics with your community are SO bad. The polite, gently put dissatisfaction you're reading here is magnified a thousand fold in the singularly hateful verbiage of the game's LFG channel. People are unhappy with the callous mercenary aspects of the TCs, have been for a long time. Yet you continue to do the same things over and over. This is why the community thinks you don't care about anything that isn't praise.
  16. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Well… im kinda mad that the skins are in a tc & not the episode vendor..

But, I am happy to finally get a style that represents another culture. Ive been on the forums asking for representation of diff cultures for years now.
  17. Stranger Well-Known Player

You forgot to show a picture of the Godseye Chroma! :-(
    But i like the skin so far! :)
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Updated the original article with images of the chroma set and doll.
    • Like x 3
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This TC is expected to be available on Switch next week.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

That Chroma is gorgeousssssssss, do we have that Mummy skin on the left by any chance? I don't recall one like that :thinking: