Secret Identity and transformation

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by dangerman1973, Jan 12, 2017.

1. dangerman1973 New Player

Are you planning to have civilian disguises and superhero transformations in the future?
    • Like x 2
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Easily done via armories
    • Like x 1
  3. bmce84 Loyal Player

what do you mean?, I think you misunderstand how our game works, we're not hiding from anyone and we work with villains so disguises and transformations other than a specific power trait like say Martian Manhunter power or currently Nature can do would make no sense,
  4. dangerman1973 New Player

Like Clark Kent to hero type.
  5. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

You can already do this using armories. Put on plain clothes for one, and what ever style you want on the other.
    • Like x 2
  6. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One says armories do not change the name of the toon. There should be an option where your name changes like Thomas Wayne/ The Owlman.
    • Like x 1
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

And why would we do that?, the whole point of the game is that normal people can be Superheroes without having to hide who they are.
  8. Omega420 New Player

Immersion, at its core this is an RPG game and some people like to role-play others feel options like this preserve the fantasy of the genre.
    • Like x 1
  9. Omega420 New Player

it is a cool new feature im looking to get into, question is, some of us have non-human skins, mines kind of like lava-ish there a way to change that quickly with the armories? guess ill find out when i finish reinstalling...
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I understand we have armories but a secret identity would be cool. Be nice if we can use a second name, use a different stance, and a different body type if you desire too.
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

That'll be released right after Serums. Of course if it doesn't include a new Time Capsule or Artifacts we won't ever see them.
  13. JDunk1971 New Player

Maybe have the armories updated to include skins as part of the costume?
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Skins ARE saved to armories.
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

it could add dimension and depth to both your character and base...it could also begin to add decision and sim game dimension to this game...what if you are half super dressed...and your "next door neighbor"...stops by...what if you could marry that friend after awhile...do you keep the classic Clark Kent lie even to your wife/husband...or like Team Arrow do your loved ones become team members??...what if the "sidekick" you summon looked a lot like your "wife" in costume...what if you Qed for a raid...and your "wife" or "son" begged you not to go...because its SO dangerous...??
  16. Noble One Committed Player

this idea was 86ed a long time ago. the reasons behind it had to deal mostly with the story as you no longer have a secret identity since you are in your hero/villain power form all the time. another reason was also do to the armories add on which aloud you to make a civilian style person. coupled with the fact that there really isnt an RP server to have a point for secret identities nor a full reason to have them as they wouldnt be useful except to show off a normal look which armories does that.
  17. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

As an ex-RPer before I came here (Haha. *point* *laugh*), my initial toon follows pretty much all discussed here. Ex-ball player, his hero costume is a Baseball outfit (with the armory [his Tank role] sitting in the front portion of his base, which is a pub (thanks to the St. Patrick's Events), as an homage, while his hidden base parts hold his room and a closet (with an armorie) of everyday clothes (his DPS Role)
  18. Ascended Well-Known Player

I'd like to see some sort of new system introduced that used the concept of a secret identity. I once pitched the idea of re-working the crafting system into this; where you'd pick a particular "job" like Businessman, Scientist, Thug, Student, First Responder, Crook, Journalist, etc., and that provided unique crafting options for styles, titles, trinkets, backup, base items, auras, materials, etc.

Obviously crafting is going in a different direction, but I'd still like to see the secret identity concept worked in somewhere.

But really, there's not a big RP focus on this game from either the devs or the playerbase, and your armories can change your gear, hair, and skin so you can build a "civilian" outfit for yourself already. I agree a secret identity would help the immersion in the game, but it's unlikely to ever happen.
  19. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

This is absolutely ridiculous...
  20. Revoemag Committed Player

Npc trinkets.. make you look like a npc.

Sell then on the market place.

Have different style npcs, fancy one, street one, scientists, guys, girls, ..
    • Like x 1