Secret Crisis is coming...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Magnificent, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

From this mention in the last issue of Doomsday Clock...

[IMG]

to this in the most recent reboot of Thor...

[IMG]

... it looks like DC and Marvel are gearing up for some sort of massive crossover, possibly even some sort of combined universe (maybe the Source Wall was what separated them?).

If this comes to pass, what things would you like to see from a combined universe, especially if it's one started from scratch?

Galactus being responsible for the destruction of Krypton?
    Deadpool being an adoring fanboy of Deathstroke? (which would have Deathstroke dismembering Deadpool every time he showed up)
    Aquaman and Namor being twins separated at birth?
    Green Lantern and Hulk both having their beginnings in the deserts of the Southwest and thus they are nemesis (think Namor and Reed Richards)?
    Doctor Doom being an enemy of Superman? (remember, Doom uses magic and Supes is vulnerable to magic)
    Silver Surfer becoming a Manhunter (or GL)?
    Lexcorp attempting a hostile takeover of Stark Industries?
    Tamaran being a member of the Shi'ar Empire and decided to leave it (thus being at war with the Shi'ar)?
  2. Dub T Well-Known Player

Sounds interesting...
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

...or it could just be a couple of competing companies sending a friendly nod and wink to one another. It HAS been done before, after all. :D
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

It has but there's been enough information that's come out to confirm it's definitely happening. Whether it's going to be another DC vs. Marvel with a shared character (Access) who gets used only once or twice more (by DC only) then forgotten or some sort of ongoing series or storyline, no one knows yet.
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

There has been growing rumors that Marvel and DC as companies were in fact merging.

Whether the FTC would allow this is another matter.
  6. Controller Devoted Player

Whatever mergers / crossovers are done DON'T FORGET MILESTONE

[IMG]

[IMG]

Icon, Rocket, Hardware, Static, Technique......many OTHER unique RICH characters from The Milestone / DC Comics.

DON'T FORGET MILESTONE. STOP SLEEPING ON these ORIGINAL characters PLEASE
  7. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I thought that 5G was getting cancelled?
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

At least as of February, it's still a go. From looking at the timelines from the linked article it seems they have far too much interested to turn back now.
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

I don't see the FTC having an issue as there are TONS of comics being produced now, thanks largely to the internet, by smaller companies and even single-person outfits. While I can't state definitively that it hasn't happened, to the best of my knowledge neither Marvel nor DC has ever engaged in spurious practices to block other comic companies from succeeding (see especially: Image).

One article I've read pondered that ATT isn't wanting to sell DC so much as get out of the publishing business. This would mean licensing some other company to write, manage, etc the comics. Who better than the company that rivals it? And as it's not a sale I think that even if the FTC had a problem with DC being sold to Disney, they would be much better with a simple IP lease.
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

Not to get too political, but Marvel appears to be the more SJW of the two big companies and I can't help but see them jumping full bore onto these great characters. This isn't a swipe at DC, it's just I think they bought them then realized they had no vision for them. Marvel, on the other hand, will just throw them into the mix because they have revenue potential.