Test Discussion Season's Greedings 2022 - Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Nov 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Season's Greedings Gamers,

Welcome to the official thread for bugs and feedback for the Seasons' Greedings 2022 vendor items. Check out the new styles and base items available on the Winter vendors in the House of Legends, and the new feats for acquiring them:
    • Beneath the Wreath
    • Hold this Thread
    • R.I.P. Santa
    Thank you for your feedback!
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Why are you guys flip flopping around with rewards and feats?

Previous seasonal items have been a mixture of non tradable, completely tradable and now account bound, why can't you make up your minds as to what you're doing? it makes it a really frustrating experience as a player.

Why can't these items all be tradable?? that makes it so much more motivating to run seasonal events, have a bit of fun and make a bit of in game money to go along with it.

Also With respect to the base items, why are we making it so players have to buy one of each item just to get the feat, base builders like to make bases look a certain way and therefore are more motivated to buy items they specifically want, not feel forced to buy a particular item for a check list. This has also begun to flip flop with some feats being these mandatory checklists and others allowing us to just buy 10 or so of any base items, the latter is of course way more preferable. can this also be changed please.

Thanks for your consideration.
    • Like x 13
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

It seems like we are going back to 2016 where we had to buy all the base items, WHY is this happening again, you guys seemed to change every seasonal now. We should be able to buy what base items we want or don't want why are you forcing it on people to make them buy it for the feat instead of them lets say wanting to buy 10 of 1 item??

Please change this how you were doing it previously instead of going back to 2016!
    • Like x 10
  4. SilkyPawz Bunny

I always look forward to Fall/Halloween and Christmas event they are my favorites but this year other then a couple of nice base items what a let down!

Sweaters? lol
    • Like x 4
  5. AZPrime Active Player

Why is it that with every seasonal it seems we go backwards rather than forwards? Making us collect one of every base item instead of just "X" amount of the new ones is ridiculous. Like our list of base items isn't bloated enough as is. Plus we can't rotate them in the preview window once again. How many times has that happened now, too? I've lost count.
    • Like x 4
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Are there any Orange lantern items added this year?
    • Like x 3
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

NO there isn't, there is 3 Sweaters and non lantern base items.
    • Like x 4
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I love Christmas as well and I have to reiterate the fact it's just incredibly lackluster I was hoping for more, I mean even the base items are a bit disappointing, one is actually even just a reskin of the Christmas trees.

here's a few ideas devs if there's still time to add things that would largely be reskins or might not require massive effort? Perhaps the ally could even come on Christmas Day?
    • Orange Lantern Accessory
    • Orange Lantern Corps Emblem Accessory
    • Glomulus Ally (one of the super cheap easy to level blue ones just so its fun)
    • - Passive 1 - Steals 2 extra source marks and gives them to you to increase your greed from all content in game when equipped
    • - Passive 2 - Steals extra loot and increases your chances of purple gear drops by a maximum of 5% (or whatever)
    • Orange Lantern Henchmen Trinket
    • Orange Lantern Orbital
    • Orange Lantern Pet Trinkets (cat and dog, like from SM)
    • Orange Lantern Pet Base Totems (same as above)
    I know it's also in the marketplace, but what if you could also buy the orange lantern light stream on the vendor just during the Christmas Month (that could be account bound)?
    • Like x 9
  9. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

I feel the same way. The pumpkin knight was a cool idea but they didn't follow through with a full set instead of the just the back head and shoulders. Kinda sad that most of the seasonals now are just a bunch of base items with the restriction in wasting marks on items I don't want. I preferred just buying what I wanted to get the feat. Plus having style items set to account bound is hurting the players that cant log in during the Holidays and I would buy items for friends that couldn't log to get those style feats. Make style tradable again please.

It would also be nice if we could get an updated version of the indoor Larfreeze instance its pretty stale after all these years. If we could get rid of the mechanic in turning the balls after killing the adds would be awesome. Lots of players like to troll making the instance take longer and most players don't know what to with the balls because no one reads or it doesn't connect that players need to take them to the right corners. So a change where the damage phase would start after killing the adds would make things easier on new players and prevent trolls from ruining the experience. I like that spring event was updated with Swamp Thing not having to get him to the mist to do damage. So a change like that would be very much appreciated.
    • Like x 6
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

This is a great Idea, so many players do not know what to do with the ball for the indoor this indoor seasonal really needs an update.
    • Like x 4
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Does this ball go on the roof??!?! Why are you on the roof?!?? I don't know where am I?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

Not sure where to ask or comment but is this live on test yet? I just salvaged gear on test and the Pristine 17 exobyte gives the same item as on live 156399 no change on test for any of the exobytes.

• Exobyte Revamp
      • Removed Dominating, Precise, Vital, Restoring, and Mighty Exobytes from salvaged gear, and adjusted the rates of the Flawed, Solid, and Pristine Exobyte drops to maintain the same average xp per salvage.
    • Like x 2
  13. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Was literally hoping just for those items. Got the SS on V-day, really bummed to not see them...

to add to that list, The OL lantern supply drop and material
    • Like x 3
  14. Kestral Committed Player

I very much approve of the explosive gift.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. Eve YouTuber

The explosive gift made me laugh so hard. Only bug I encountered is that it places the Shazam tree twice, and you can't delete the "Fake" one that got placed.
    • Like x 4
  16. Achikah All About That Base

I know we only got 5 items again as far as furniture goes, but I gotta say, they're all pretty great.

Anything interactable has several different ways it can be used. Then the half walls... THE HALF WALLS~!! Oh man, they're soo good!! Maybe a non-snowy version for St. Patrick's too..? >.> Also, the bear trap aspect of the Santa Trap can also be clipped with other items to be highly versatile.

All in all, I'm happy with this drop. Not the bulkiest of seasonal hauls, and I'd always like to see more, but I do enjoy what's there and can see using for various projects. =)

I'd also like to second this and also throw in an Opulence set of Orange Lanterns/Greed base items- orange upholstered gilded chairs, couches, rugs, tables, beds, etc- to mirror the Zamaron stuff from Valentine's day. I'm not a big lantern person myself, let alone an orange one, but I do know several decorators who have been begging for a proper Orange Lantern haul from the seasonal for some time now.
    • Like x 4
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I'm noticing about the "Explosive Gift" is that it can affect NPCs too. So you can use it in any content that is set in lairs or league halls to damage enemy NPCs. Here is an example from the League Hall duo:

The gift seems to do undivided percentage based damage.

So it would be possible to set up lots of Explosive Gifts to exploit later on in content.

EDIT:
    I'm worried it could be used in PvP content too.
    • Like x 3
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I'm hoping it does. Environmental hazards such as these are a two way street that could add a bit of freshness to that particular mode
    • Like x 2
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I tried out the PvP scenario and the Explosive Gifts can be used in lair battles. They will do ~2,000 damage to anyone caught in the blast radius that isn't wearing PvP gear.

The damage from the blast will not go through shields.
    • Like x 3
  20. YummyFishsticks New Player

can we please get a snowman scarf or elf ears. Maybe an orange lantern chroma or material? We only have five items and its decreasing player motive. What's the point of playing seasonals if we're only getting three styles that are all re-skins. I was really looking forward to this event and now I might not play it because it doesn't seem worth it. Please just add more styles or base items something.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.