Seasonal Event Instance Suggestion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MystoganJella, Jun 13, 2022.

1. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

A couple of times I ran the seasonal and people sometimes tend to just sit their why the rest of us work and do the mechanics I was wondering if possible when the mission is completed and on the on duty tab if the person has 0 contribution and everything or don’t have certain amount of score points they should not be allowed to gain marks and the other drops this Is just an idea please and thank you :)
    • Like x 5
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

People really getting so worked up over an instance that takes 2 minutes and you are more than likely carrying the other 3 players anyway lol. Chances are they are on an alt that sucks and won't really help or contribute much regardless. Just ignore them and get top DPS, you won't even notice their absence.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Whilst being true, I think if you have 0 on the scoreboard you should get nothing and have to requeue.
    • Like x 8
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this and same could be said for all instances.

didn't they implement something along these lines in PVP at one time for all the people who would just stand around in there
    • Like x 2
  5. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I've been seeing this quite a bit this past week or so - at least one toon - doesn't move - 0 on scoreboard
    and when it's done they immediately leave
    and you can't kick them
    I liked 2 comments above

couldn't the devs do something as simple for each toon within the instance

if scoreboard = 0, then 0 rewards, else give rewards

just saying....

and I wonder if these toons are part of the "spam gold" patrol and the "jack the prices up in the broker" guild
    useless when they don't participate

.... on another thought...
    what if we just decide to leave the instance and further waste our time?
    that's somewhat like 'rage quitting'....
    just announce to the group Rage Quit - 0 scoreboard
    or something simpler like ...

RQ0

???
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The only concern I have with this is it would need to be limited to seasonals or event content. I often will join groups in raids and the like that are struggling, and I'll wait around. Sometimes they finish, and I don't need to help, but I get rewarded for the time I spent waiting. Other times, the group fails, and I get to offer suggestions, teach mechanics, and join in. I like that I may be rewarded for taking the time to wait when most just see the instance in progress and bolt. I may not stick around as frequently if I know I won't be rewarded should the group finish.
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Agree, it could exclude someone who backfills.
    • Like x 2
  8. L T Devoted Player

It's the principle of the thing. Plus, they're more likely to be a gold-spammer alt than just an "alt that sucks".
    • Like x 2
  9. L T Devoted Player

They should probably give credit for placing traps and activating cogs also.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Perhaps, but I wouldn't know. Those don't really exist on Xbox.