Seals dropping in old content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Can we make this happen please? Similar to how exceptional recovery kits used to drop, Seals of preservation can drop in normal content and seals of completion can drop in elite content. It would give people another reason to run content and help speed up que times.

They don't need to drop like candy either, but enough to entice folks to run stuff. You guys have the tools to tackle multiple birds with one stone, please don't let the possibility of a little extra money overshadow great solutions to problems.
    • Like x 11
  2. Saami Loyal Player

At first i thought that seals are actually dropping from old content.

Better topic would have been "Make seals dropping in old content"

Btw. I agree with this idea. Just wanted to file comma a bit.
    • Like x 4
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Same I got excited for a moment lol
    • Like x 3
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Had to do a little teasing with the title to emphasize the excitement this would draw :p
    • Like x 3
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is a great idea to me ... I’d have them still be trade/sellable

If they could ... I’d have them make their drop percentage rise the further you are away from your cr relevancy

That way you’ll get more High crs running content they are way over geared for

Give raids a better percentage as well

I have a villain that I was trying to do old stuff on before th me hiatus I just started

I was queued for all t1 t2 t3 t4 t5 raids for hours and maybe got one or two hits.

If people had a chance getting useful stuff even tho they are over geared they’d join
  6. SasquaT Dedicated Player

How to make everyone unhappy in case of Tactical mods capules or seals .
    1st let people pay for it then make it for free and blow up economy this month as well :)
    Why people are unhappy ?
    1st) What we need to pay for it ( real cash or tons of in game cash ) this game is pay to win and people leaving .
    2nd) What we already spend so much money ( real cash or tons of in game cash ) and now those items are for free or drop in content for free i feel like idiot and i will never support this game .
    There are only one type of happy people in this game :
    Hackers,scamers,glitch abusers , all those who dont pay ( real cash or tons of in game cash) they making the best bussiness here and those will never quit till the game dies .

Why we couldnt have seals as drop from content and optional seals from MP from start dont ask me i know one thing no matter what devs will do now its gona hurt . Somehow its always hurting all those who spend ( real cash or tons of in game cash ) so far becouse devs totaly forgot about compensation to make everyone happy .
    They prefer to make us study TOS to understand "DEVS can do everything with this game" .

Wondering how many people must leave to make them understand how stupid this is .I know its hard to make everyone happy but here they dont even trying .So far all they had to say is in my signature .

[IMG]
    Good Luck.
  7. Eve YouTuber

I like the idea, but what I'm afraid of is end-game players that will rush and leave others to deal with the adds.
    This already happens and happened when catalysts dropped in raids.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

They're cheap enough on the marketplace, don't see the point.
    • Like x 3
  9. SasquaT Dedicated Player

10. tukuan Devoted Player

Same and agree
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’ve always thought there should be some kind of “pressure release valve” so that players who invest in content can still have an opportunity to get items even if they had limited Daybreak cash to spend. While not a perfect solution, this idea could help serve that function.

But seals are pretty cheap to buy with Daybreak cash (especially if one waits for an inevitable marketplace sale to stock up).
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Yes that's because of population density in impoverished countries, notwithstanding that point people living in severe poverty are unlikely to have

- fast internet
    - dc universe online
    - the means to buy a subscription
    - the desire/priority to buy a subscription
    - a television
    - a playstation 4 or gaming pc.

but yes by all means let's link an article citing poverty and sensationalise and create hyperbole around a $1-5 microtransaction within a video game that doesn't even need to be purchased that frequently.

Are there any other asinine elements you'd like to present?
    • Like x 3
  13. useless Well-Known Player

Cheap?Yea,$15 a month,nothing,i play Terra,have kids,they play Fortnite,Fifa......they want stuff...and get what they pay for...
    I get my change in wallet to buy seals of preservation pack (4) ,failure twice (8 gone)...oh goody you keep your catalysts....
    but you can get seals buy playing and paying your membership... NOT....cheap yea...whales
    • Like x 3
  14. Proxystar #Perception

So your decision to have kids is now the issue?

You can't afford a $5 seal every few months because your kids demand fortnite skins?

Whose choice was that?

So you're saying to Daybreak I want to be able you get this $5 seal for free cause my kids want fortnite skins...

Let's break it down how long does it take to get to a 140 artifact 350ish k and then 160 is 680ish k

How often do you think you'll need a seal when you consider how long it'll take to grind out the nth metal I'd propose maybe one every 2 or 3 months.

In that time you'll have got 1000-1500 free dbc or loyalty points and have plenty enough for a seal if you're a member.

So yes you are acting impoverished to try and get something for free and sorry but I don't buy the whole kid excuse.

How about you buy them one less fortnite skin or how about you decide which matters more to you Terra or DCUO.

Perhaps even go without coffee for a week or a day or less McDonalds...

Sorry but you're going to have to do a better argument than that.
    • Like x 2
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I honestly can't believe we're having this conversation (and you're in support of it) about stat-related items, lol.

And no, "use your Daybreak Cash" isn't a good argument unless you want to also admit that membership value is decreased because of it.

Adding a system to the game that brings no other purpose than to make members pay more for no actual content-related benefits is asinine.

The fact that you act like people who dislike this system are somehow "cheap" or "entitled" is just as humorous. A person doesn't have to be cheap to dislike spending money on stats.

Of course, you also don't mind that aspect of TCs either, right?

After all, open enough and you get those feats eventually, right?
    • Like x 4
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Again, you're not thinking ahead.

Defending that $5 purchase now means ignoring that soon 120 or 140 will be the new 80 as Nth Metal increases in value. Then 160 and beyond. What will you say when you need $5 every month FOR EVERY ARTIFACT?
  17. Proxystar #Perception

TCs are a non transparent purchase based on an RNG loot box, the precedent tells us that the odds of you getting what you want aren't good. They've improved a bit over time in terms of giving you some value from each open but they're certainly still RNG gambling (for getting the legality of gambling for a moment)

The reality is you could spend $30 and get what you want or spend $300 and still not get what you want.

There's no transparency in that purchase so your comparison to time capsules is both inappropriate and flawed.

On the other hand we have artifacts which you level up and it gives you stats, you know what it gives you beforehand and you know what it takes to complete it beforehand.

When you level it up you have to breakthrough to keep going and you know the requirements and risks beforehand.

There are two ways to do it either risk and no cost or cost and no risk but this is not hidden from you at any point.

The time it also takes to level up the artifact is immense, you people are acting like you'll need a seal every week when that is simply not true and it's high time you guys using that hyperbolic insinuation are called out on it.

A. If you're buying Nth metal to level your artifact at power pace you'll buy a seal without a care logic simply dictates so.

B. If you're leveling up naturally then you'll likely need maybe 2 seals in the space of 3-6 months depending on game play

Now with that in mind you're going to sit here and tell me you can't afford $10 over the course of 3-6 months, you're lying and you know it.

Now as for using your free DBC, yes it's asinine to suggest it can be used for everything however it is equally asinine to suggest it be used on nothing, which is the implication of your insinuation that it shouldn't be used in seals.

Your free cash is there to be used on something therefore it is a justifiable and logical suggestion that you use that on a seal otherwise what are you using on instead?

And again this is only under the pretense that you're so impoverished you can't afford the $10 which we both know is highly highly highly unlikely.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

See my post above.

When it'll take 600k to get to 180 and 1.2mil to get to 200 assuming it keeps doubling you seriously think I'm going to be using a seal every month if I'm doing it naturally. Lol is that really your argument?
    • Like x 2
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

My post had nothing to do with can't afford. Did I ever say anything about not being able to pay for it?

I said you act like people are entitled because they don't want to spend money on gameplay items.

You're admitting requiring us to spend $10 on gameplay-related items. Yes, I'm against that.

As for Daybreak Cash, subscribers can use it for anything. That's fine. If seals were optional, that would also be fine.

Not fine is asking subscribers to use the SAME AMOUNT OF DB CASH WE'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN, but now use it to purchase gameplay items INSTEAD of what we want to use it for. That devalues it pure and simple.
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, it is. You're defending paying money for stats. The amount of time that passes is irrelevant, because it's $5, no way around it.

Also, let's not try to pretend that we're talking about microtransactions in a F2P game versus added costs for gameplay in a subscription-based game like DCUO.