Scraps Crafting. Info.?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tinoman, Jan 5, 2016.

1. tinoman Dedicated Player

I hopped on test server and from my understanding. The Rings were only supposed to be crafted and not dropped nor in the vendor. But, it seems that's not the case or i was misinformed. I seen the 134 rings in the vendor and the plans for the 136 rings in the vendor and costing "600" scraps per ring Yes, That's Right "600". Which i remember mepps stating that the would be significantly reduced. So what is the deal? Any one have any info?
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Idk about the price.
    About being in the vendor, as I understand it, the 136 ones are the ones that won't drop and can only be crafted, lower CR ones (134) and green loot ones I believe will continue to drop.
    • Like x 1
  3. Stark23 Committed Player

Huh? Isn't it the same as the face? You can buy the 131 and craft the 133. As for the price, it makes sense to cost more scraps b/c now we have more content to get scraps from. Make sense?
  4. Malachyte Devoted Player

This is pretty consistent to what is in place. As Stark23 mentioned the 131 gear is in the vendor and you craft 133 gear that you may need. From what I understand there is not going to be a 136 ring, neck or Utility Belt in the drop and only available in the Vendor and will need to craft up the 136 just as you need to do with the face.

The scraps needed are increased because there is no more content to run to get the needed scraps
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

They were suppose to be 400.
  6. Malachyte Devoted Player

Probably still will be, this is on the test server right. So when they roll it out tomorrow I'm sure the right amount will be adjusted.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No they weren't. They have always been 600.

The mandatory craftable gear is always half of the cost of the dropped gear. The last episode of a cycle, the cost scales up to 1200 per piece, meaning the Rings are 600 each.

The cost of crafted gear scales up depending on how many minimum potential scraps we can earn on a daily basis. That's why the increase from the second episode to third is smaller than first episode to second. (200 scraps increase vs. 600 scraps increase).
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you can buy rings from vendor i was on test last night and was able to. but idk about the scraps
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I heard 800 for both then I later heard 1200 for both. I stopped and took a break from doing my daily runs ending at 1000 scraps. :(
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Which is BS considering 1 of the new piece of content is a raid which is weekly lockout. I guess they gotta sell those replays some kind of way.
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not necessarily.

The first episode in a cycle asks for 400 scraps. If there was compulsory gear, it would cost only 200 scraps. The first episode in a cycle is Raid/Duo only.

The increase between the Face and a Ring is 200 scraps. Which makes sense given that they're basically adding another Raid and Duo to it. So it's in line with expectation.

Personally, I'm sitting on 12 Fused Scraps already, so I'm ready to build the rings immediately, tomorrow.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

They were suppose to be cheaper because it's 2 must craft items.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's not quite right. R&D is completely separate from the vendor items. There will be vendor versions of all gear, including rings, etc. The better versions of rings won't drop, and must be built IF you want them.

The rings cost half what the other items from the third month in the cycle cost.
    • Like x 1
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

So its intended that the 126 Rings from the Lochelloid cycle cost 1200 scraps each ?
  15. tinoman Dedicated Player

OK thank you for the info i was just curious :)
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Last time I checked, they were 600 Each. Do you have a screenshot?
  17. tinoman Dedicated Player

the 126 rings cost 600 lochelite scraps per ring. And the 136 rings cost 600 metaloid scraps per ring. So 1200 for both rings. 2400 for four rings for both roles.
  18. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Maybe it's the neck that's 1200. Logging on now to confirm.

Either way its a silly amount.
    • Like x 2
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So the rings are 600 each, and the other gear that don't have to get crafted is 1200?
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well if the neck drops then thats ok. Only having to craft the rings is fine.