Scorecard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jul 26, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

About a year ago, FfXIV banned all third party parsers, because it made the community toxic. If you weren't hitting 12k dps, players would call you out, which was justified, because of the dps checks. The scorecard in DC is just as toxic. The devs won't get rid of it because it sells artifacts and replays, but something has to be done.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The devs won't get rid of it because people want it.

Personally I think it has as much weight as one chooses to give it. I ignore it and usually escape out of it as quickly as possible, usually to get to choosing/claiming my loot faster.
    • Like x 6
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

If you say the Devs wont do it cause of selling artifacts and replays then your argument is lost as they clearly dont weigh into the Scorecard.

Scorecards aka DPS Meters are in fact a good tool to have but its the community that makes it into a terrible tool. DPS meters are all over WoW and we actually use it for good and a bit of competition. Difference is its a Live feed and not something we have to check at the end of a fight. The Community will ruin a good thing so it sounds liek the Community needs to do better on how to look at it. FF14 removing it was their call and I hope/think it made them better.

The Scorecard we have and other DPS Meters in other games arent different by a mile. The Scorecard gives you the amount of damage done to the target after the fact unless you are opening and reopening it while your fighting. True DPS Meters give us the damage and DPS in a live feed. If DCUO actually had that system, folks would understand DPS in better way. Sadly I dont think the game's coding and the fact Addons cant be used will produce such a great tool.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't look at the scoreboard, done.
    • Like x 3
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

You lost me at how replays and artifacts don't have anything to do with the scorecard. That's asisinin asiten asi11 asi12....
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

If only you would have done that instead of calling for nerfs. What you said is facts though
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I wish at least the automatic pop up could be turned off. It's annoying having this thing appear while I'm organizing my inventory.
    • Like x 4
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

This is it, essentially. It CAN be a useful tool, if used correctly. If you're in a run and you're nearly as equally geared, SP'd, artifact'd as another person and there aren't some weird mechanics that skew damage (like the Sunblade) and you aren't somewhere decently close to the other person, you should try to figure out why. Am I focusing on the wrong things? Am I dying super early in fights? Am I more AoE and this is a ST fight? Am I running Ice Might DPS because I like the pain?

No one wants to carry other people all the time and if you're consistently being blown out by 20-30% or more at the end of a fight, there's probably something you should look at improving.

If you skipped some pickups because you want to beat someone else by 200k damage on a raid with 25 million boss damage, well, stop it, you dink. You're not helping.
    • Like x 1
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

They’d lose a ton of players if they removed it

Only thing I could think of is placing a weekly leadersboard for different categories on a giant statue in the watch tower / hall of doom. Similar to the statues in the league hall except this is for the community and not just a league thing
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I don't even read it, it pops up, I cancel it & get on with my day. the only time I ever look at the scorecard is if I feel something is off with my damage, which doesn't happen very often, if hardly ever. I stopped caring about it a long time ago, & it improved my experience & my gameplay immeasurably. but there are those for whom the scorecard is totally what the game is all about, for whom being number one super beastie for everyone to see matters. take away the scorecard, you'll lose those guys, for sure. & like as not there are a lot of those guys playing this game.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Debates over the merits of the scoreboard and arguments for and against its continued existence have taken place pretty much since the start of the game, well before replays became a thing and LONG before artifacts came into existence. And in all those arguments and back-and-forth conversations, from the looks of things there was always enough support from the players to keep the scoreboard in the game. There never seemed to be enough support or outcry over the scoreboard to change their minds.

It probably didn't hurt that the devs didn't seem to have much of a problem with the scoreboard's existence to begin with, but even so this was (again) before replays and artifacts. From what I can remember they've always had a more favorable view on the scoreboard.

Under the very best of circumstances, it's an incredible reach to say that the devs haven't removed the scoreboard because it's somehow related to or drives sales of replays and artifact-related items.
    • Like x 1
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The scorecard is fine, there’s nothing wrong with it.

It’s not that deeps..
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

It has it's pros and cons. I like to look at it to judge where I stand on my powers, and how much damage it puts out. Not often I run into someone with same power so it's hard to judge. I try to put out as much damage as I can. If I'm at the top of the scoreboard cool, if not so be it, as long as I complete the mission.

But how ever, you got the scoreboard na*is to use to judge everyone or boost their ego more, they make it where people wish it would disappear.
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...
    I don't think they will lose a ton of players if the scorecard is gone; if a player truly likes this game they will adjust to the change. However, it may prompt the devs to allow for deeper character inspections without third party software, such as character SP, feats completed/not completed and the like.

I agree with Ryazan, though; there should be a toggle option to show/hide the scorecard. I find that it is useless in this game since the scorecard gives credit for everything your character can hit or heal.
  15. Roocck Committed Player

I don’t know about the rest, but If I make a group for a speed run feat and the group is failing I would like to know why and who needs to be replace to get it the feat... Why would anyone want to get rid of a useful tool like scoreboard? This tool tells you where your group is failing at, wither you have to replace a healer, troll and or dps.... This nerd has nothing to do with scoreboard, the fact is that this nerf was needed a long tome ago... It wasn’t balanced back then and sure isn’t today.. These artifacts was just a bandage to balance everything out but failed to do so. Then they worked on weapons and we all see how some weapon combos are over performing. Might powers will also get looked into and nerfed (Nature) like others will get buffed (Sorcery).. Fingers are crossed...
  16. Roocck Committed Player

DCUO population is already suffering, would you want to take that chance to see how many more will actually leave? I wouldn’t....
    • Like x 2
  17. Roocck Committed Player

I do the same I don’t bother looking at it myself, I’ll see it at the end when it pops up too... That’s when I look to see if I have done any better or worst from the last run...
    • Like x 1
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Question does the score card accurately reflect how any player is "helping" their team on an alert or raid. Answer NO... Okay so I join a raid and I blast away at everything in my path at the same time I am clicking the objectives we are required to click to advance and clicking on team mates that are down and need a rez so they get back into action. At the end the score card appears and I finished 2nd in total damage but did a ton of other stuff to help finish the mission. Above me is our "hero" the #1 damage dealer who didn't click a thing, objective or fallen team mate through out. He ran ahead of the rest of the team and died three times entering a room solo so he could do more damage than anyone else.

Question 2 Who actually helped his team more and who was just a mindless jerk that thinks he main objective is to be first on thr scoreboard and doesn't care if anything else gets done?

Don't think we need to waste the dev teams time having it removed just think a lot more players need to play to complete the mission and not to be NUMBER ONE
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

How do you know that the population is suffering? Do you have hard numbers? Do you have access to that information?

And yes, I would take that chance; games that have no scorecard have more a more helpful and courteous player community, from my experience.
  20. Roocck Committed Player

I knew that question was coming.... Don’t need hard numbers, don’t need information just log in and see what it is today than it was a year ago!!! WT is a good place to start... Not as many anymore...