Scoreboard - from a visually impaired player...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Prime OG, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is not a trash the scoreboard thread, lol. I know I told my buddy last night I wouldn't post this, but it does bother me. So everyone got their dream of a new scoreboard, yeah for you. I still see zero impact on the game, past that. I've had to struggle with different aspects of the game over my 7 years. First was the changing of where people's names would show up on our screen while in a party. Now it's the scoreboard. C'mon devs, I'm blind in one eye and the other doesn't work that well. My chat tabs are easier to read than this scoreboard and the tiny writing. Sure you've tried to make everyone happy with the useless stats, but how about either an option to enlarge the font size or change the font to something easier on the eyes.

That's it.
    • Like x 13
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I like the scoreboard but I do agree the size of the font is too small.

on another note
    Something that manufactures are not telling people.

If you have a LED PC screen or TV your eye's eye will become worse.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Maybe, not sure what that has to do with this thread though.
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea the font is a bit small.
    • Like x 1
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

DCUO has a really restricted GUI option compared to MMOs like Tera and ToR. Movable objects, scaling and adjustable font and size.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

100% right on. If love to be able to move things around on my HUD. Lol, that's probably asking for to much. I'll settle with an increase in font size. Should be a very simple fix.
    • Like x 3
  7. Dazz-252 Committed Player

The score card now gives DPS chasers more fuel. If they don't "win" on damage over all, they will claim "victory" on the most damage done to the boss or vise versa.

Really...

You gonna give DPS's more slack...

Really...
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Again, not what this threads about.
    • Like x 5
  9. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I concur, the font size is really too small.
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was saying that the other day. I still have an old LCD TV from like 2008 and I have bad eye sight. I have to lean in closer just to read the names where as before I didn't have to. I'm not sure if it's technologically possible to increase font size without taking any stats away but it would be a miracle if so.
    • Like x 1
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You know I had not thought about that but YEAH the names are smaller and not just a little. i could see how a player with vision issues could find themselves staring at .. well pretty much nothing but a blur.

Not sure what the solution is either, Make the font bigger and some stats could get cut off ... UNLESS they move them closer together. They need to do a little work on that.
  12. DaveFelterbush Active Player

personally id just get a bigger TV xD. jk i would also like to see a customizable HUD.
    • Like x 2
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Nah rather it split the winners, rather taking the bragging fuel away from one sole player to two instead.
  14. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

I have a 48 inch 4k smart tv and it is hard to read with a ps4
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Even if they could use a more pleasing to the eye font. The weird italics really shouldn't be used. I work in communications. Italics are used for words of importance, so they stick out. Not to be used as a main font type.
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

Some of y'all seem to be in need of George Costanza's superpowered squinting:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not sure how that helps with blindness, but please continue.
  18. AllanPage Committed Player

Could definitely use a bigger font. Also I think the new scoreboard was to promote other roles than just DPS, it doesn't make much difference but I think they had it on their mind.
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

I wasn't really trying to make fun of anyone being blind/halfblind or anything like that :p Sorry if you took it that way. For all I care they can change fonts, make the font bigger or whatever they need to do. Personally I haven't had much of an issue in terms of visuals of the new scoreboard, but on the other hand I sit pretty close to a kind of a big PC monitor.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

All good. Just trying to keep the thread on track. Probably won't amount to anything, like most of these threads. But here and there you'll see a green pop in with some feed back.

Still waiting on that feed back. :)