Save vilain side

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nihilismia, Nov 26, 2015.

1. nihilismia Level 30

the game is less fun since the vilain side is emptied automatically after the passage Phase PvE , it is imperative to do something to remedy this as a super hero without super villains game is not very fun. Before we took pleasure to fight in front of the nightclubs or the police station . Do this was the result intended by DCUO who thought that too many players spend their time in these battles without spending money for gambling ? If this is the case it is a very bad calculation personally I bought regularly in the game shop but not anymore. We must restore the default PvP phase and also developed various raid and OP for villains and heroes . in conclusion I would say that for the first time since 2013 I have not renewed my subscription and I miss it a lot less than I would have thought .
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Umm, what? o_O
  3. Mirai Well-Known Player

It sounds like the OP misses the old PvP servers. Sorry, most of us aren't into the gank-or-be-ganked open world PvP environment.
    • Like x 2
  4. UltraVillain Committed Player

While I miss the days of 'hero camping hospital- please help' and the fun impromtu wars that broke out, a change to the default phase for newbies wont assist the situation - there simply aren't enough new players to make a difference any more, that and open world pvp is so crippled by the imbalance of pve armour I doubt it would be so much fun seeing who one shots first.

An alternate response might be to close the pvp phase and create a large instance (say the size of lil bohem island in Metropolis where the pvp mechanics operate, leave and expand the daily acts of heroism and villainy in place but remove the pve missions.....offer the occasional bounty and guest appearance by an iconic and it might just be made to work..... no queueing just a tp to pvp heaven.

The real way to assist or promote the villain population is to properly embrace the factional divide in content and story, it is after all the foundation of super heroic comicbookery yet sadly it is wholly and criminally neglected here. Villain play should be a means to expand and diversify game-play, an alternate experience and alternate perspective on a story and the conflict hero vs villains is the perfect mechanism for generating some life and meaning into our every day presence in game (aggregated task that spawn mini events and appearances to mop up or else exploit)....masses of potential currently being flushed down the loo. I believe the pvp and the fun would naturally follow into the pvp phase as this would be an inherent and valid part of the game rather than the dead end backwater it has been relegated too at present.
    • Like x 1
  5. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Open world PVP was pointless in so much that it was not factored into their plans for DLCs. On the same note, players would no longer play PVP if they did release PVP oriented DLC that added newer and better PVP gear, just like new DLC's add new PVE gear. There'd be cries of pay to win, and that'd be that.

In the five years the game has been out, we've never seen any additional open world PVP events added beyond the two that were in the classic game; Diamond Heist and Ring War. With the focus almost entirely on PVE, it's no wonder people ended up flocking more to one faction than the other. Nothing came of the faction renown system aside from being able to buy garbage gear and an emblem for a few feats.

As the dev team dropped in size, it'd be even harder to sustain two entirely different campaigns and faction oriented features. The last laugh DLC was the only addition of content to add exclusive PVP maps to the duty queue, along with some PVE, and it's content additions have been cannibalized. Meanwhile, instanced PVP still suffers balance issues that won't be tackled for some time.

PVP's done, buddy. The best thing they can do at this point, while still factoring in the marketplace, is making legends PVP open world events. That way, legends character purchases are still promoted, while the events themselves could be implemented at the F2P level. Much less balancing for them to worry about if it uses the legends setup.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

I'll start by saying I approve for there to be some focus on PvP...

But a bug ol NO to allowing people to start out in PvP phase.

Just think of all the people, over the years, that started a toon in PvP and realized they couldn't level up without constantly being ganked at every turn. After a point, they just gave up. The problem is/was NO ONE KNOWS THEY CAN SWITCH OVER TO THE PVE PHASE AT ANY TIME!

How many people thought they had to start all over again in PvE phase and instead just quite the game all together. SMH

All the Devs EVER had to do was put a little note at the phase selection screen telling players that they can freely switch between PvP and PvP. But no, that would have been a simple, easy solution. Simple & Easy is just NOT possible with these guys.
    • Like x 1
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

Btw, fixing PvP is sooo simple & easy.

Disable WM and AM's.

Take OUT the auto scaling, go back to gear related leveling and make gearing up a bit easier (this whole need to buy every single piece of gear is confusing as its not explained AT ALL and nowhere else in the game works that way).

And the biggest change, that would absolutely explode the participation, is to merge all gear. Have Toughness and Defence on all available gear. Allow people to level up by solely PvP or PvE. Other games have been very successful allowing full leveling either way.
  8. UltraVillain Committed Player

Anything legends is notable for being dreadful, and they aren't really any better balanced....mmo's are based around the notion of creating and progressing a character of your own beit pvp or pve - legends play is always secondary to that and any content tied to it is instantly less worthwhile in terns of dev time return.

Neglecting pvp can and does result in the games appeal diminishing and at this stage that is one thing DCUO cannot afford to ignore...pvp needs some love, it doesn't need masses of consideration and some simple changes could go a long long way to sustaining it, but legends is certainly not the answer and the promotion/creation of valid pvp open world in some form (if only to occupy players between arenas) would be by far the most significant assist to that goal.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Who cares about the villains? I say let them all go away.

They don't wash their hands and all.:D

That cut was from the JLU's "Great Brain Robbery", with Flash and Lex swapping brains and Dr. Fate, GL Stewart, Mr. Terrific, Dr. Light, Steel and Ice having action scenes.

One of my favorite episodes.
    • Like x 3
  10. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Imo, what killed pvp was, for starters, separating pvp and pve gear, since f2p and premiums can't rarely afford the space needed to hawl dps, support and pvp armor. Pvp not contributing to in-game advacement, i recall thinking of it as unnecesary trouble.

I understand why gear had to be divided, but by doing so, it immediately divided population too, imo, what could be a decent solution instead, would be to divide areas in the city, making "safe zones" and pvp zones, so people trying to level wont deal with the ganking, but veterans can roam the city and fight without this becoming a low level nightmare. (However there should also be some kind of incetive for people to actually roam the city, like adds that dropped exos or something, idk).

I kind of agree with the OP, i miss the days when you could find active cities and find sudden wars and whatnot, but as someone else said, i do not miss when i was trying to level and some high level just swooped by, killing me before i even realized that someone had swooped by :D
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What killed PvP was CoD-players starting early and levelling up and then ganking all the newbies they could teabag (the greater the level gap in their favour the better)

Those players didn't care about a challenge, they just wanted to gank as many as they could, that's why they would hang around near the revive spots and PDs/Nightclubs (met one of those type playing Conan back in the day: they would not leave me alone and would follow me across zones, and seeing how they had a faster system they would always end up waiting for me even if they crossed after)