Test Discussion Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Exactly, DWF hasn't been relevant since 2016 but now it is being made relevant again and phase dodge as an ability was never an issue in the past but now is. So you are correct it is 100% taking the opportunity to once again highlight how one ability in DCUO is breaking raid mechanics. If I wasn't going to point that out then "I" would be the one being completely disingenuous and knowing that Survival Mode will be coming in the future to testing allows the development team to address a long standing issue with an ability, while it is presently impacting something being tested, before the same issued is raised in future testing.

This is what testers do Proxy. Considering dervish's base damage is higher than most might abilities and all movement mode abilities yes my "views" are always routed in 100% fact, unlike your conjecture. However, Save The Universe testing is inappropriate to discuss Dervish for example, because that actually isn't being tested here.

Why would I say just increase the damage of omega beam so that it's actually a one-shot when I know the actual reason why omega beam isn't one-shotting players? Once again that isn't what a tester does, I am not going to completely ignore the underlying issue that is impacting a core mechanic to the raid I am providing feedback to.

This is the last I will speak on the subject, I really didn't think I would have to explain how basic this is in a testing feedback thread.
    • Like x 6
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You're a player Chill, you get the privilege of testing content, like any other player, so you can make suggestions, but you're not a developer and being a tester won't make you one any more than it might make any of us one.

Newsflash Chill, as much as you might not like it, everyone's feedback matters, including mine, it doesn't matter how much you dislike me, my methods or whatever, we're all players and this an even playing field, despite what you might think.

My alternative view as a player is to leave it alone, if the mechanic can be adjusted, adjust that then until there's time to actually have a look at phase dodge more closely or for that matter possibly a complete shield balance pass, because god it probably needs it.

Again you're highlighting how much damage phase dodge might be averting in this one instance, cool, but not how much it might be averting elsewhere or how it might be more widely used, hell a lot of tanks probably don't even carry it, It certainly wasn't helping people cheese SWE+ right, so it's not like it doesn't have limits, the content can easily be built around the limits.

With that being said, despite the fact this is a piece of elite content, remember it is also an 'event', it isn't source wall elite+, we don't need it to be like that, nor should it be.

You talk about dervish all the time and say it doesn't impact this content, what if I said its excessive damage distorted the burn and made it easier than it should? What if I started talking about broken elements of gadgets distorting the burn and making the DWFe experience easier than it should, If I were to say that, it wouldn't be any different than taking a swipe at phase dodge.
    • Like x 4
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

"Dodge the Universe". I like it.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

+1 to the idea of buffing Darkseid's Omega Beam so that no shield should be able to prevent it from KO'ing the affected player in the Save The Universe versions.
    • Like x 2
  5. not serious Well-Known Player

Phase dodge actually over 150% stronger than Amazon Deflection.

Understand why some people don't want to touch it lol :mad:
    • Like x 3
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I will 100% welcome your feedback when you actually get on test server and run the content to be able to provide feedback that isn't just based on conjecture. This is a testing feedback forum for a reason, not gotham city.

Thanks and good luck with your future testing endeavors
    • Like x 2
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Having done each combination now, each sub-boss is taking approx. 2min each, this ties into my original post where their special abilities should start before reaching 35%. These test runs have been completed with one healer, 2 would certainly slow the damage but unless the group survivability was low there would be no incentive to run a second healer, sacrificing the damage.

Also in the clip I know Steppenwolf's hammer spins are tied to counters but to refresh my memory is it that they will spawn when steppinwolf spins too long without being interrupted? I still thought 1 would spawn and additional ones were related to the counters because throughout the attached video clip there were no hammers besides 1 when he was <1% health.

If anything the sub-bosses health could be slightly increased by 5-10%. Right now DWFe sits below the difficulty of the Save the Universe version of Throne of the Dead considerably.
    • Like x 3
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Volcano Mining Facility (Elite) Feedback:

First clip: When Amazo went to combine with the powers of Superman and Flash he remained stationary for 30 seconds not doing any attacks

Second clip: After you wipe the batbombs stay on the ground where they spawn throughout any future attempts unless you set them off
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To my knowledge, Steppenwolf only spawns a single hammer if he isn’t countered, and none if he is.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No problem, I 100% don't need to care what you 'welcome', because feedback is for developers. Remember also, it wasn't what you were saying, in terms of avoiding the omega beam that I disagreed with, it was your 'fix' ;)

Thanks for the well wishes, means a lot :)
    • Like x 3
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Played the Elite Solo with Quantum and Fire.

You can spam interrupt Xa-Du. :oops:
    We could already do that when the mission was first released....Not sure if that is intended.
    Although it did not really help in the end. ;)

• Like x 1
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

Last Year's Save The Universe had better selections in my opinion, this year not so much for me, I like the Solo and KCT that is about all I will be running, there is no gear only cosmetics as it should be for an Event, the importance on making Elite extra extra super duper hard lol, with no gear no progression is beyond me, I can see if there would be progression gear ect but again as stated it is an Event, that I doubt after getting said cosmetics anyone will play other then maybe the counter feats but I know many finished them all last STU event so.. I ran the Solo Elite and KCT all seemed on par for an event.
    • Like x 3
  13. Cadavern Developer

I'll be taking a look at the Xa'Du spam. Kinda changed stuff around to prevent it, but it seems like that is still possible.
    • Like x 2
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's not really an issue.... it did not really help in the end.
    But thought it would be worth mentioning. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Let's talk phase dodge somewhere else. ...you both know better.
    • Like x 5
  16. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Incoming updates ready for the next PC Test update:
    • Save the Universe will be available via Quick Play in the On Duty menu. It can still be accessed via Custom Play as well.
    • Renamed Seasonal feat category to Seasonal and Event.
    • Save the Universe feats moved from Episode feat category to Seasonal and Event category.
    • Survival Mode feats moved from General feat category to Seasonal and Event category.
    • Cross-faction enabled for the new Save the Universe content.
    More to come based more directly on your feedback - thanks again!
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 7
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

18. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

19. Ergotth Committed Player

HAH! You really expect those trigger-happy, hyperactive and impatient DPSs to allow more than ONE healer? They only allow a healer because they can't run an 8-DPS raid group! But boy, they wish they could...

... and I'm the healer keeping 7 idiots alive! How I wish I had a backup healer (or I was the backup healer, I'm definitely not the best healer so being second best means someone much better than me is in charge)
    • Like x 3
  20. Stamen Dedicated Player

I quit DCUO when Darkseid War Factory came out. I completely uninstalled the game after playing it for maybe 10 days. I never looked back and stayed gone seven years. Probably a pretty crappy choice to stick in STU, I hope it doesn't suck as bad as it did back then.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.