Test Discussion Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to the return of Save the Universe!

This time we're featuring a new set of Superman related content. The first set is The Last Son of Krypton (1 Player), Volcano Mining Facility (4 Player), and Kandor Central Tower (8 Player). The second set is LexCorp Tower (1 Player), Smallville (4 Player), and Darkseid War Factory (8 Player).

Enjoy these at end game CR and earn exciting new rewards!

Please post your feedback here and let us know what you think.

- Quixotic
    - Cadavern
    - Beta
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please note that the test server will unlock in the one or two hours.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Like the map choices
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Notice the "Fotress" in this blurb from Last Son of Krypton:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Are there supposed to be loot locks on these instances? I completed the Elite Last Son of Krypton and I'm not seeing any loot locks for that instance.
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Unrelated to the content itself but for Test Server during the course of the testing period can Grain of Time currency be added to the currency box on test? earning Grains of Time will be much slower compared to being able to earn/show the new rewards or really try the time capsule drops.

Thanks
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Darkseid’s War Factory? Really? :(
    • Like x 5
  8. The_fair_1 Committed Player

you expected content people enjoy? lol They don't care about that. Just notice release time... It's at a point to require people to get a new set of gear for SM rather than what we currently have, elsewise a lot of people would skip this rotation of Save The Universe.

Edit: This only applies if the gear is higher (OP hands etc) as of this moment I havent been able to update the test server just yet
    • Like x 3
  9. Leda New Player

I have a vague memory of there being a "Save the Universe" option in the quick play menu which would allow you to queue for all current STU content and pick the level. (I want to say the box was between current episodes and omnibus but that might be wrong.) I couldn't see it in there when I queued for the solos on test and had to go through the custom play menu which was a little harder to navigate and pick the right level. I'd suggest putting it up front on the quick play menu if that's a possibility.

Thanks for your consideration :)
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

The "Event" tab contains only the normal (CR310+) and elite versions of each instance. To avoid confusion, perhaps the event-level version could be added to the event tab as well? I could see newer, leveling players being confused why they can't run an event.
    • Like x 4
  11. L T Devoted Player

Most groups can't just power through that one, but if you get to know the mechanics that raid is actually pretty fun. Voice Chat helps a lot. So does having 2 healers as there are times when you can be stunned/immobilized and breaking out of it can severely damage the group.
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

How convenient is it to have you Quixotic for DWFe feedback :)
    • I could be corrected but I thought the bosses would start their special mechanics earlier than 35%, with the extra damage we have no compared to DWFe in the past I feel they should start at 50%. For example we were fighting Lashina and with her reflect phase only starting at 35% and alternating between that and her aoe whips, groups would only see maybe 1 or 2 reflect phases depending on their DPS.
    • All the room mechanics appear to be working as intended besides the Power Drain mechanic, in the past it was readily apparent but on 2nd boss was absent. This mechanic put more pressure on the controller and would also make trolls have to consider or not to use the Claw artifact as that may not be enough power return etc.
    • The breakout damage on the Darkseid is much too low, it was barely noticeable and since DWFE days healing has drastically changed with the page of destiny proc as a rescue heal, the shields from PHR and Clarion and now the Superman Ally damage reduction. The breakout was a large part of that encounter because you didn't want to waste a death to that and then get the omega beam. This would also discourage players from bunching up which is the default for players in todays game.
    • Also would like to mention the Omega Beam can be completely avoided by using Phase Dodge (hits around 1.4mil) which presents a perfect opportunity to fix Phase Dodge :p especially with Survival Mode coming up which Phase Dodge is always used to negate attack damage. Precision based dps routinely run with phase dodge already in their loadouts so it is not a question of sacrificing an ability slot. Since Phase Dodge breaks all the rules of Shielding in DCUO wouldn't want that one power being able to make the Omega phase irrelevant because the 16.5 second cooldown of phase dodge wouldn't come into play either.
    • Like x 4
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I know the mechanics. It doesn’t help.
    • Like x 4
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Whoa now horsey, I think if we're going to talk about nerfing something like phase dodge we should have a bit of a wider discussion than just some passing comment in save the universe feedback don't you think.

The move could easily be programmed to just be a guaranteed one shot

As an opposing player view, I'd encourage you to leave phase dodge out of this and if it does need to be discussed perhaps we do it at a later time when the focus of the test can actually be on phase dodge and the wider impact of any changes :)
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Doing 1mil+ damage is going to be a guaranteed one shot unless you are using the one power in the game that doesn't follow any rules of shielding ;) Considering it can be used to negate the very mechanic that makes Darkseid challenging something has to be done. So either make Omega Beam deal 10,000,000 damage or fix Phase Dodge.

When the time is right I would welcome you of all people to try and tell me why Phase Dodge is working as intended.
    • Like x 5
  16. Proxystar #Perception

There's lots of things in this game that don't follow the rules, you know that ;) the week or few prior to a piece of content release isn't exactly the time to discuss the nerfing of a power, for that matter any power, especially when it isn't the actual focus of the testing and could have wider implications. You yourself even mentioned SM, so even your agenda isn't strictly DWF or save the universe.

That in and of itself should signal this needs a much wider discussion and a much narrower focus than this testing phase allows, if anything your comment felt a little opportunistic in that you saw it as an opportunity to have a go at phase dodge without proper testing because of the mechanic in DWF without allowing for a consideration of the wider consequences of a phase dodge change.

I'm sure there's numerous tank players that would like to properly discuss phase dodge without having the focus split between a phase dodge revamp and the testing of a piece of specific content, there's a time, a place and a proper way ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Is there going to be new renown?
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There is a power that can be used to make a core mechanic of the raid we are currently testing apart of Save the Universe completely irrelevant but we can't talk about that power because it isn't the actual focus of the testing.... that is a big stretch even for you Proxy. Cause and Effect: Phase Dodge is the Cause and the Effect it has is to negate the omega beam death when the whole point of the fight is to manage deaths due to omega beam. Addressing the underlying issue serves just as much of a greater purpose than fixing one mechanic of many that it makes irrelevant.

"wider implications" o_O yes an ability that was never intended, at any point in the past 10+ years, to be the highest damage absorbing ability by an extremely large margin, actually over 150% stronger than Amazon Deflection.

Like I said before, doesn't have to happen now, but you trying to defend actual testing needed on Phase Dodge is the most disingenuous I have read on these forums in awhile.
    • Like x 7
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The renown is the same, per elite raid it is 600.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

No, what's disingenuous is your attempt to push a nerf through, chill, in an opportunistic fashion because of one mechanic in an instance that hasn't been relevant since 2016. Your motives are clear in that you want phase dodge nerfed more widely, the fact you mentioned survival mode in the first place shows your agenda is far wider than this piece of content, so let's not pretend this is just about save the universe, it clearly isn't.

I have no issue necessarily with anything else you said, but I did take exception to your phase dodge comment, because it was opportunistic, you were using a mechanic that could easily be altered itself to push through an agenda you have against phase dodge more widely, you've got the same views regarding others powers, for example whirling dervish and you've had other views about things you've considered to "cheese" survival mode in virtually every iteration of it.

The feedback could equally have been "lets make sure the omega beam is actually a one shot, so ramp up the damage", but instead you chose to suggest a nerf to a power without any consideration, at all to how that change might otherwise impact the use of phase dodge in any other given content, other than the fact you subjectively dislike the amount of damage it shields.

This isn't "ObsidianChill Universe Online", your view isn't the only one that matters, could phase dodge be moderated or toned back a bit, possibly, but I think it would be helpful to have a more meaningful discussion about it, away from the testing of one specific piece of content that might only serve to create a distortion of what really needs to be achieved.

The instance should be changed, let's leave the power itself alone, for now.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.