Save The Universe: how much can I skip?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Aug 31, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

FoS 2 was a pretty miserable experience. I’ve heard Throne Of The Dead is coming, too. Also, the Origin Crisis alerts like to blue screen me out. Can I pass on this stuff and still finish the vendor set and gloves?
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Does the event level (I think it's just the old version stat clamped) pay out grains or source? Maybe it's CR dependent. But no, the math isn't there. How many toons do you run? I'm going to try to do the math tonight but napkin math told me I can run the raid once per toon (I use 4) and run the solo and get the free coin every day (can't miss) and I'd be done right at the end of relevancy. If you're willing to do the alert daily, I'd think you can skip the raid all together but the payout is large. It will get easier every week as players get used to it so don't think it's never going to be ok to run it. I believe 3 to 4 toons is neccessary to pull off everything you want for 1 toon if you want to sit out a certain run. For me, it's the alert. Hoping next one gets a little more love but I can't wait 20mins+ to get into a run when I have 4 toons to get thru. Maybe this would all be easier if fos3 counted for a solo/ alert/ raid.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m having zero problems getting successful PZn runs at the moment, I know that much. Maybe the update is a bigger hit with the EU folks. If I could just see the balls floating around during last boss I’d be fine. But they’re invisible on my screen so I’ll just suddenly take rapid 50k ticks and die, it’s very stressful.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Before you even walk in to fight the last boss, type "no movement mode" into group chat. That would eliminate the balls entirely. Some will listen. But if you aren't using movement mode personally, you've done your part. The balls are very hard to see for sure. Do you play zoomed in? If so, zoom out for that fight. I keep a close zoom in while I play but there are a few fights that I take the view out as far as possible and that is one of them.

Edit: if there are balls, you have a second to get away so quantum tunnel is pretty helpful on your quantum toon
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Last group I was in. One guy had to be convinced that the movement mode thing wasn’t for a FEAT! That’s how esoteric the stupid mechanic is. Unfortunately, I get no credit for “doing my part”. Especially since people were constantly dying to other things, so I’d panic and go movement mode to run to get them. And then I hate myself for making bad decisions in the heat of the moment.

That was an awful Thursday. :( Especially since I was and still am worried about not being able to outgrow content like this anymore because of the clamp.
    • Like x 2
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol also guilty of that. Just foot nod that tumbling master in and y'know, git gud using it. Such a pain but at least the "no pets" mechanic seems to be gone. And as much as people continue to disagree with me, do not risk anything for a pickup for anyone other than the tank or healer. You risk going down yourself so if they're in the tentacles and you can't be shielded, chances are you're next and the dominoes start. I don't like not picking someone up even as adamant as I am about leaving them down but it is the tough calk that needs to be made on occasion. It's another reason I love the scoreboard, I'll always check it to make a metal list of who is worth the risk. If no risk then sure, get them up. If risk, do not pick up bottom dps's.

Also, lmao about the feat. Should have just said yes it's a feat to see if that would stop them from using it
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I told them no pets too. Are you sure about the no pets thing being gone? Because having to tell an Earth tank he can’t summon his brick is something I’d like to not have to do again.
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol no not sure at all but I am a pet build on one toon and ran it without dying. And ran it a few more times with robot sidekick on other toons. So I think I'm right. And that's all that matters! 100%, the movement mode is real. Keep the pets tho.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This would only work if nothing is added to the vendor down the line. While I know this is not a 'traditional' DLC, I'd guess we'll get a wave of cosmetics later in the lifespan. Better to stock up on grains if possible. And who knows what's going to happen once 42 launches? Will the FOS content stay up...Batman stuff? If ToTD is coming and once it's not hit by 100 groups a day when 42 launches, that might mean not being able to get raid grains later as people get stuck on Ares.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What exactly is the issue with FoS2??? Also, Origin Crises alerts are not part of Save The Universe at the moment...Phantom Zone alert is.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Avatar Of Meta, I keep getting randomly beamed, and for some reason I can’t see the balls that spawn when people are in movement mode. I heard Family Reunion is the “Batman” month alert… Phantom Zone I could do until the cows come home, it’s a personal favourite.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The alert for the Batman portion of Save the Universe will be an Origin Crisis one, which is what he's referring to.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Yes.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You already know what to do in regards to the balls. As for what randomly beamed you, make sure you have your combat parser open to see what exactly killed you (then you can ask how to avoid it), and stick with the group as best as possible. You can't always avoid being K.O.'d (and you need to find a way to accept this reality), but if you're with the group you can at least possibly get that pick up.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s the Avatar itself doing it. There was a plasma beam, and a meta beam.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Oh you don't go in and just fly with all your pets out for the lols?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I went from Cr 100 to 230 in about 6 hours on the new content. I got two pieces of Cr 280 early on when I started doing missions, it pretty much started skyrocketing me up. I mean considering any content drops level 280 gear I don’t see why you’d be stuck running content you don’t want to unless it’s specifically in the Save the Universe content.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It was kind of the subject of the post....so yeah, I think they are talking specifically the STU content.
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not if I want to get out and run other content. ;)
  20. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Pretty sure the pets thing is gone. I went in a with a group where everyone and their brother had robot sidekick; no invisible balls, minimal deaths. lol.
    • Like x 1