Save the Universe... FROM BRAINIAC!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Here's an idea, how about a Brainiac-themed "Save the Universe"? He's been the OG big baddie-head-honcho of DCuniverse when it all started and the most memorable villain from early players, the big reason the entire game's world "exists"! So, here's a proposition:

• Solo: Escape from Brainiac's Ship
      • Lets face it, we've played it ONLY ONCE! Sure, its the tutorial, but DCUO actualy made it FUN. Its a classic dungeon run with the instructions mixed in without halting your progress to hold your hand throughout every step. I always thought we should get a On Duty version of this, so why not now? Fiddle with the numbers a bit and make it a Save The Universe Solo.
    • Alert: The Courthouse
      • Ok, thats the only alert I can think of xD But its still a darn good one! Not too long, not too short, mechanics are easy and almost idiot-proof. (unlike a certain raid which shall not be spoken about) and an interesting gimmick with movements to punish those who tend to rush into the mess without thinking straight. (although recently there is a minor bug where breaking free of control disarms the movement restriction).
    • Raid:Prime Battleground
      • The best Brainiac-themed raid we got, putting together the iconic bossfights of Brainiac's Avatars of Meta, Magic and Tech, with the big yahoo himself waiting for us in the end. Again a relatively simple raid with idiot-proof mechanics but not a complete pushover of a raid either.
    • Like x 3
  2. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

We've already saved the universe from Brainiac. I've killed Brainiac almost 1000 different times and I've killed many many thousands of his bots. I get AI's clone themselves, but surely he must be running out of backups by now.

And secondly....No, No, big no, huge no, bigger no, ginormous no, more no, NO NO NO on Courthouse. I'd rather watch Cats than subject myself to that alert again. I hate having movement mode taken away, but I hate that alert the most for it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Well, it's either that alert or Area 51. I do would prefer Area 51, the mechanics are also even more idiot-proof than Courthouse's (I can see PUGs f-up the Jugde's sentences).
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

They undid the movement mode. You go in there and fly no probs. Try it out!
  5. Ergotth Committed Player

Thats a bug. If you break out of control effects like a simple knock down, sometimes your movement mode is re-enabled.

Hey that's not a bad idea at all! Sure that alert drags out a little but its overall quite fun. I do miss doing those old alerts like Area 51, Bludhaven, Oolong island... except Gorilla Island, that one needs some serious clean-up with the mobs in the beggining...
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

No thanks. We saved the universe from Brainiac for the first 4/5 years of the game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm with the no's although Prime Battleground would be cool upscaled. I'm ready for them to bring on Perpetua