Save the Universe Content Is An Outrageous Time Sink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Yeah, I ran the alert once yesterday and I’m not running it anymore.

The solo is boring and longer than it needs to be also.
    • Like x 1
  3. C3alix Committed Player

Y'all weren't complaining about the length of Family Reunion years ago tho. Got through it in 25 minutes last night with random pugs.

Inner Sanctum was a breeze for most of us. But what got me was watching people get the exploration feat after saying they've been playing for a looooong time.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No one was complaining about it because likely no one was running it. Other than to get someone a feat in there, I can't remember the last time I ran either BIA or FAM. They were long and boring busy work before...now they are semi-mandatory long and boring busy work.

Ran one that popped up in Omni last night, so it went 'event' level. Good group, all in chat, no F'ups to speak of....27 min....3 of which was waiting for the iconic in the tunnel, so 24 if you discount that. Sorry. a 24 min 'good' run in an event level alert is too looooong.
    • Like x 2
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've shelved my alts for this. I'm used to running 4 toons thru dailies every day for years. Generally by the time I cap currency, I've grown bored of the dlc/ repetition. And whichever toons aren't capped move into the raids and weeklies only setup thru the next dlc.

I loved this alert back in the day. I ran it hundreds of times. But I can't do this 4x a day for a month. I'm not even sure I can do it once a day for a month. Raid, I'm not trying till its 100% fixed and probably only on main. The alts at most will collect the free coin cuz that solos cut scenes are brutal and I want to throw myself out the window if I don't get to teleport out of there before the end scene. Once a day is brutal, 4x is just literal torture lol.

So not a big deal on my end but looking at it from a different angle, it's not great if we all stop running alts. I'll dps only with my main, I won't heal because I haven't come out of an alert without being top spot by over 10mil in a pug group in forever. I don't want to move slow. So dps only in a sea of players that are dps only. My tank, healer, and troll toon will not join in. That's 3 groups a day missing a useful role. Again, I love this alert but for running every day, nahhhh.
    • Like x 2
  6. MrWood Well-Known Player

New.... vs Old..... Once it was new..... and now it is old....
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Yeah seriously, the content isn't like cheese or wine. Running Family Reunion now feels like microwaving leftover ribeye steak.
    • Like x 1