Test Discussion Save the Universe 2022 - Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Please please please do NOT upscale the Time Hunter Gloves. Most of us have completed and done away with them. No one should have to repurchase and level these up again. This should stay an event with optional content for people to play. If you make the reward gear higher than the current episode you are going to compel people to run the event instead of running the current episode. Please keep new event rewards styles only.
    • Like x 2
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m not sure adding new vendor gear will do anything to get some people to play more. Those that already ran have full renown and the gear would already have its discount applied since some have already completed the set. I have multiple toons with over 500 time coins so I’d just buy the new set day one and still not have to run the content if I didn’t want to. While others would have to grind their buns off because they haven’t finished from the last Stu event. I’m not really wanting to get another set of gear but I reallllllly doubt those that haven’t even finished this dlcs gear would want to finish knowing it’s now irrelevant. If this were releasing a month or 2 before the next dlc then sure but we’re not even halfway done with this one and I know quite a few people still haven’t completed renown for this dlc
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m glad STU is much more optional now. I didn’t like it the first time, and having Darkseid’s War Factory has not improved my opinion of it.
    • Like x 2
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I like dwf and I do have a few feats on regular to clear out so no comment there. I doubt I’ll be doing any pug runs in it tho. I think people are confusing this as a dlc (like it kinda was last time) vs a large scale event. Imagine if all seasonal events started having gear associated with them? Yeesh. There’s plenty of players that didn’t finish last Stu and probably a bunch that haven’t run it at all. And some of those players still have to finish this dlc gear. Seems kinda evil to add relevant/ higher gear to this again. Made sense last time. If they do decide to add it then every single time this comes back, it better happen again. Every single time. Idk why people want it to give new gear, doesn’t seem like there would be a point other than forcing players that don’t need to play it to have to play it.
    • Like x 3
  5. SilkyPawz Bunny

I second this, though I have finished all the gear and DWF feats, as I won't be running DWF lol, but as an Event I agree no need to have gear, just the cosmetics as I only have 999 grains of time from running it so much last time.. lol :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. Chewsy Well-Known Player

I'm totally fine with this being an event like a seasonal/survival mode, but if there is going to be rehashed elite content, specifically stuff like DWFE and ToTDE, then there should be proper incentives to run those things, instead of an extra grain of time and 1/50th of a feat. This sort of content would be perfect for an OP ring drop, or unique style drops. Compare the rewards for STU against Survival Mode...It's a similar idea for content and yet the rewards for STU are much more lacking. Even SFFE let us choose renown from any previous DLC (this was pretty nice). STU content is already something people can run in the clamp, so I don't see a reason longtime players will have to run this event for more than a week or so.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree with poster above that a good change would be a way to continue leveling the gloves up to current level of content giving us something to work on if your already geared. other than just to finish off counters that im sure a lot of people playing at the time are almost done with if they arent already
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I agree with the gloves being continued on leveling. If even ONLY the gloves. Perhaps the same pattern of being only 5 levels higher than the current episode OP like last time (357 this time). Those who got rid of the gloves... Whilst I would normally say you should have known better since they DID say STU was going to return... But in all honesty though, if you have the feat already they could easily set up a system reimburse, repurchase, or re-reward your gloves at what *was* then max level. Either way, they weren't very hard to level up. I think it would be very fun to have OP gloves exclusive to STU from now on, or even never having to get rid of them because they will still be relevant every year :)
    • Like x 3
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I like that its a good addition and would make the seasonal unique
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Edit to my post above: If you deleted your gloves, but have the feat(s) already they could easily set up a system to reimburse, repurchase, or re-reward your gloves to the highest tier feat you have gotten. There was a feat for getting them to rank 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25. So, for example, if you only got them up to Rank 15 and got the feat, you can get another pair somehow at that rank.
  11. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Devs, question:
    Since this is now an Event, will grains of time be for sale on the Marketplace? Frankly I’d rather buy Grains than waste time on the instances. Especially since there’s only two new things I can get.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.