Test Discussion Save the Universe 2022 - Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Howdy gamers,

This is the official feedback and bugs thread for this summer's Save the Universe event. Visit Rip Hunter in the House of Legends to spend your Grains of Time on new and returning rewards. Thanks for your help testing, and have fun!
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please note that the test server will unlock in the one or two hours.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Are the new rewards purely cosmetic? Or will the max CR on live right now (378) go up with any new gear additions?
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

The vendor gear appears to be 325, same as the current episode vendor gear. But then again, the vendor is also showing me all roles, soo...

BTW, even if you don't need the gear, looks like there are going to be things to spend marks on that are pretty neat.
    • Like x 1
  5. STsource Well-Known Player

is it the old OP hands just increased lvl?
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I don't believe its meant to be increased, it appears this is about being the same and giving alternative paths to the same numbers, probably in anticipation of that upcoming 6 man SM :)

I also agree, the rewards look pretty cool, wonder how long its planned to go for, given those rewards at the top are limited to 1 per week.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I noticed on the Rip Hunter vendor that that all 4 roles are being listed for the Orrery gear. So you end up seeing 4 Orrery Leggings, 4 Orrery Bows, 4 Orrery Belts, and such.

Usually you just see your powerset's two roles.
    • Like x 3
  8. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

As feedback for the rewards I do wish there was a bit more variety..
    Or that the limit of buying wasnt account bound or 3 day lock instead of 6 or being able to buy more with the same lock
  9. Eve YouTuber

That material is refreshing. We haven't had anything like this one before! The aura is really nice too. Was kinda shocked these were the only 2 new rewards but maybe there are more to expect.
    • Like x 1
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What level gear should be dropping from the Unlocked Kryptonian Time Capsule? The Smoldering Hero of Kandor Belt that I selected is only Item Level 282. I was expecting it to be around Item Level 315 to 320.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Agree, it should match the current capsule level.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Question - Are the omnipotence hands relevant again? what is their maximum level?
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

As mentioned previous the 6 day lockout on the rewards definitely has to be reduced or removed entirely. If StU lasts 4 weeks we can only unlock
    • 4 Time Capsules
    • 2000 nth metal xp
    • 20,000 ally favor
    • Like x 4
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For those who can't access test server to see the new rewards.

• Like x 3
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

16. Proxystar #Perception

It's probably longer than 4 weeks, I don't think they've actually given a duration period yet. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't running for a while, but yeah hopefully they have that set at a generous (enough) level based on the duration of StU.
  17. The_fair_1 Committed Player

This, but all the role gear we can't access also has a "CR 350 Requirement"
  18. Chewsy Well-Known Player

I get that STU is now more of a recurring event now, but it feels kinda...pointless now? The time capsule reward is nice I guess. But there is nothing that can really help justify the grind for this event. What’s the point of the STU elite raids now? They really want us to suffer in DWFE again for an untintable material? I wish there was a new OP piece or special style drops in the elite raids. Just something to progress my character if there isn’t going to be a DLC for a while.
    • Like x 3
  19. iEddyGaming Active Player

Totally agreed with Chewsy. STU seems pointless in its current state. Most people already have marks saved from last year, so buying the material and aura isn't a problem. There should have been a slight CR increase in terms of STU gear so that people would have something to grind for (or get online for). OP piece or special drops would definitely be a plus, as well. But right now, I don't see any point of getting online just for STU event. Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  20. YotBR New Player

I sort of want to echo the sentiment that the lack of an Omnipotence item seems strange. As the content is coming up soon, I thought I'd offer an alternative: have the Time Hunter Gloves scale up to the current content.

The idea would involve raising the maximum rank of the Gloves, and perhaps altering the experience curve so that both players with previous investments aren't too heavily valued nor devalued and players with no experience in the Save the Universe/on their Gloves are unable to catch up. If the content is truly becoming a seasonal affair, having the item stick around as a semi-permanent fixture would provide people with an incentive to participate beyond a few cosmetic rewards. The piece would ultimately cycle out over time, but we'd be able to keep them and upgrade them, and it might provide a sense of continuity between the event cycles.

As I write the idea, I know that it could be complicated and systems would need to be put in place for those that have destroyed their gloves. This is simply meant as a start at giving people something more tangible or satisfying than the choice between a material or chroma that they dislike.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.