Salvaging gear after Augments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by inferno, Jul 11, 2018.

1. inferno Loyal Player

Here is the current value assigned in Test when Salvaging gear into Exobytes (Experience)
    199 Ring - Mk10 Exobyte - EXP. 2183
    163 Chest - Mk 9 Exobyte - EXP. 1556
    142 Hand - Mk 8 Exobyte - EXP. 1106
    132 Weapon - Mk 7 Exobyte - EXP. 483
    122 Weapon - Mk 7 Exobyte - EXP. 715
    95 Weapon - Mk 5 Exobyte - EXP. 213
    89 Weapon - Mk 5 Exobyte - EXP. 213
    81 Weapon - Mk 5 Exobyte - EXP. 213
    60 Chest - Mk 3 Exobyte - EXP. 130

Golden Exobyte is worth 370727 experience = rank 192 for an augment

370727 / 2183 = 170...not bad considering the previous grind for essences to get gear/gen mods was over 300.

Hope this info helps.
    • Like x 6
  2. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Thanks for the information this is going to help plan out my alts going forward
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes it helps. It helps to show if you want to change from a might dps to precision, it could take a month or if you wanted to change from a troll to a tank/heal, same thing.

It's not over all bad for playing only 1 way. My fear, less variety will equal people not wanting to play anymore.

Heck, if you wanted to pvp, you'd have to stay with whichever you have for PvE. Even though most know you have to spec differently in pvp.
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Salvaging teen Titans dropped gear (attuned at item level 207) gives you mk11 for 3800. So the number is down to 100.

Also I believe you needed 300 essence from the content to create all the mods, and this is 100 from the episode to get one origin augment up (so 400 total for a new set of origin augments). And this gets you to the base stats for the current episode. To max everything out you will need more to cover the 4 origin augments and the 2 adaptive augments (per role, potentially).

I suppose we could say it's 170 savages of current episode gear per origin augment to go from base to episode max ( since mk 10 would have been the current episode salvages).

So lets look at the difference needed to get to Deluge max from e3 max.

1556 * 170 = 264520 (estimated max for e3)
    370727 - 264520 = 160207 (estimated amount to go from e3 max to Deluge max)
    160207 / 2183 = 48.7 (estimated salvages require per augment to get to Deluge max).

So ~200 salvages to get the origin augments to max for one role. Sadly, there won't be a good way to estimate how much experience you need to get the adaptive aments up.

On the bright side, it looks like you get augment xp from daily missions, and possibly instances as well. So the total number of salvages should go down. And if you are matching augment type with exo type, you get bonus xp as well. The exos look like they can be traded, so you can trade with friends or buy/sell on the broker, too.
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wait the exobytes scale with item level/CR but they can't make the nth metal do that??
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

@blackprime og - I think since we're getting enough exobytes to level up either the might or precision side, we would only need to worry about the other side. It takes a while but considering these stay with you, regardless of gear changes, I think it makes for a player an easier method of switching; once he gets all might and precision augments up.

@stealthblue - To be honest, I don't know if I will level up the Adaptive augments. Proxy already put in a golden exobyte in one of them when it was still possible, that's 370k of exp., and the increase in might was only by a hundred or so.

I think, although, I don't do a dual might/prec loadout, I might start levelling up some of my precision augments while I'm boosting my might up to rank 217.

I think Origin Augments are a good investment to put Exp in for a more freestyle loadout.
  7. inferno Loyal Player

Yes, I forgot that these are trade-able. Imagine that. I'm pretty impressed at this new direction from the DEVS.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Did you read DCAutumns recent post? She said they're making it so we can upgrade exobytes with exo material, which adds tremendous value to the otherwise pointless exo material
    • Like x 3
  9. Dene Devoted Player

ok, this is great news, well i'll wait and farm during quiet times when you are all asleep *cheers*
  10. inferno Loyal Player

I know, right!!! So Good.
  11. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yes! With Exobytes and Exo-material being tradable, it seems much more realistic that I'll be able to keep up more than one role and more than one character. I doubt I'll ever be at the bleeding edge, but I'll always be making progress! :)

Thanks so much for the info!
    • Like x 1
  12. AquiloFury Committed Player

This was probably answered somewhere...are all golden exobytes 370K regardless of cr..or does your cr affect the value of your golden exobyte?
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Quick question.

1. Do the exobytes (xp) stack?

2. What happens when we max out all augments? Do we save them up until the augment rank is increased and just become halfway maxed on Day 1 of the new episode? Has anyone thought about that? It kinda just hit me lol
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Your CR affects the value of the golden exobytes. The devs or someone even made a list of each rank cutoff, but I can't remember which thread and I'm too tired to look for it now.
    • Like x 1
  15. AquiloFury Committed Player

• Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

1. Not sure what you mean by stack. If you mean, stack in your inventory, then only limited stacks of 4 or so. If you mean, do they get an increased experience from using multiple exobytes (like TC sin stones, etc.) the answer is no. You do get an xp bonus from putting the correct exobyte type in the right mod (might exos for might mods, etc.)

2. This is similar to artifacts. Any XP past the max transfers over. However, you'd have to ask Proxy whether you can keep feeding in more exobytes once you are actually at that 217 max. As for being halfway done by the time the next DLC rolls over, that won't happen because augments work just like artifacts. Each rank is progressively larger and larger.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Don't forget you're comparing 170 salvage for ONE augment to...

300 for your ENTIRE SET.

Fortunately, you weren't listing EXO gen 11 which reward more than you mentioned, so that helps quite a bit.
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yep, Item Levels will determine the Mark (MK) Type of the Exobytes