Salvaging Allies

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charlieboy, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I like the way you think.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you! Lol. :D
    • Like x 3
  3. Bathroom Dad Active Player

I think we all know why we can’t salvage Allies. They’re fixing the mistake they made with artifacts. No returns. You bought it you keep it.

Which is SUPER cool to do in a game that encourages gambling, spending massive amounts of money to just compete, pay money to replay a mission for rewards, and all the while…. Being rated T for Teens.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

DING DING DING....we have a winner. It has nothing to do with lore or some bogus nonsense about recycling your allies. Super heroes join and leave teams all the time in the comics, why wouldn't we be able to change our allies in a similar way? Batman is my OG ally, but he has other duties....so he introduces me to Shazam before he splits. The recommendation from Batman goes a ways to building favor with Shazam...but we're not fully allied yet....maybe...1/2 way?

No meat grinder or pancakes required....it's more like 'Linked In'.....we're networking with our potential allies.
    • Like x 2
  5. Andreas Denali New Player

This conversation needs to be brought back up with so many recent legendary Allies being released its so difficult to max out Allies. When new ones come out every few months that offer more specialized abilities for specific power sets or roles. We have so much xp still left in Allies we replace why not have the option to salvage xp from unused Allies even for 50% of what we put. Just getting one legendary ally maxed out on one toon is very difficult and imagine many of us that have alts.
    • Like x 6
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

One argument was that it doesn't make sense for allies to "eat" each other. I'd love it if they would implement a 50% system where the mechanic is "Train ally and retire." I think that would make the most sense in terms of their concerns.

Also, we already saw why "collect them all" becomes an issue. The past few months of not being able to even see all the allies I have available has been a royal pain. I've had to play the memory game to remember where each ally is on my list for each character. I'm getting too old for that.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't understand why people view it as "feeding" one ally to another when all it is is transferring favor from one ally to another.

Edit: But it looks like I already said that earlier.
    • Like x 4
  8. SingingCoyote Active Player

That is probably why they didn't include seals and breakthroughs for allies, that's where they drew the "shamelessness" line.
    • Like x 1
  9. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

Good grief it is pretty easy to level up allies I have 8 rank 10 and 4 or the ones that max at rank 5. It is not like the grind of artifacts.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Congrats to you. Have you ventured outside in the last 2.5 years? Just wondering.;)
    • Like x 1
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Once they release the next progression system that isn't clamped you will see changes to the Ally system. Just like when the artifact system got old and the income for it slowed down they came out with allies and artifacts became easier to grind. There's a reason why you can only use two passives and only three artifacts slots because those systems are not clamped. Non-clamped progression systems bring in the cash flow
    • Like x 2
  12. Andreas Denali New Player

Just think about it to level an artifact from 0-200 costs only 1382 source marks vs getting a legendary ally to max rank is 4629 source marks for catalysts alone. Ally xp has even been removed from the few time capsules it was once in such as the Wondrous, Kryptonian General, LexCorp Exclusive time capsules. Especially when it comes to alts leveling new allies that may be more beneficial is increasingly difficult without spending massive amounts of money. Maybe a Ally R&D station where you can pay source marks to remove xp from unused allies even at 50% of the value would be very helpful.
    • Like x 1