Sad State of Our Graphics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Nov 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except people have been crying that the sky is falling since the game launched. Where your proof that the games dying? Everyone always make these claims without any actual proof of what’s going on.
    • Like x 4
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

It doesn't look bad it just looks dated

Low polygon eyes are my biggest gripe , it was a big reason why I use emissive. Eyes are a window to the soul!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Grim931 Committed Player

I don't have actual numbers, but I do have personal experience since launch. It's different, and it has been on a noticeable steady decline as you've pointed out. They've tried to fix the ques, but there's only so many band-aids that can be applied. This isn't something that needs proof, you can log in and visibly see/feel how dated this game is. Quality is all over the place, bugs are rampant, and starting fresh from a new character is extremely extensive trying to catch up with very little pay-off in terms of actual gameplay/return of investment/enjoyment. All of my friends that I've tried to get in this game throughout various times of its cycle have all quit. They didn't last long either. Took one look at it and laughed.

Again, if they made a better game entirely. Better in all areas, not just graphics, but gameplay, customization, and story/group content. You seriously think that would not draw in and retain more people than what we're currently stuck with?
    • Like x 2
  4. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

That’s a better way of putting it. A lot of simps in here can’t admit these graphics don’t meet the standards of what video gamers have for current gen systems.

Look at the graphics for powers for god sake. I saw the same stuff in ps2 graphics.
    • Like x 2
  5. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Stop speaking so much truth and logic! Lol. A lot of these people view this game with rose colored lenses, and refuse to acknowledge how business works. This game is only alive bc of guerrilla tactics for making money, and refuses to do anything to improve its product…. Don’t even get me started on advertising. That hasn’t been done in 8 years.
    • Like x 2
  6. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

I would argue that just because they dont meet the current standards, doesnt mean they HAVE to meet the standards. Its a 13yo game nearly. The graphics will be dated.
    Look at other games from the same era: STWOR and Star Trek Online. People still actively play them because they enjoy the game, not the graphics.
    • Like x 5
  7. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Those games don’t wage holy war on your wallet like this game does. For what we spend we deserve something better. All those little things that cost money to do in this game isn’t for your benefit, it’s for the investors. If Digital Ink took alllll those hundreds and thousands of dollars we have spent and used it to improve the game, that would be one thing. No. There have been very small changes and what was changed didn’t really need to be. Youre paying for investors to make more money, not making a game better.
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You just aren’t getting it… yes you need proof when it comes to population numbers. There are ways to track this and the devs have an ever better idea of these numbers. No I did not point out that there was a decline. I said that people claim such things without any proof at all.

You then go on to say it’s a daunting task to start over with everything that one need to catch up on. Yet this is what you’re asking for by saying they should just scarp the game and start over. You can say that people will get attracted to it but that again is without proof either. You believe every single player will want to go over if they started over? You expect them to ask players who have invest so much time and money into this game to just start over with a new game? Sorry but that’s ridiculous.
    • Like x 4
  9. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yeah... this game is over a decade old, and runs on an equally old engine. Expecting it to match current graphic standards is being overly optimistic.
    • Like x 2
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol rose colored glasses. Asking for proof is being in denial? Seems like you’re the one who has issues seeing it for the truth. FYI, I assume that you don’t own a business. Guess what. I do. So I have some ideas of how these things work. People keep making claims of how easy things would be to do without a single clue of how these things actually work lol
    • Like x 1
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Actually I have 17 years of experience working with game companies, including Perfect World Entertainment, Wargaming and Hi-Rez, and they all told me exactly what I told you.

You may call my post "gibberish" because you have no arguments (nor knowledge about it), but I was stating facts. It's alright if your ego doesn't allow you to understand that you are wrong, but, as I say, you have no base, you are just saying "you are wrong beause I think you are wrong".

Don't worry. You are in your right to be stupid. After all, I did ask what was your basis and you avoided answering. And you will avoid it again and again.
    • Like x 3
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Holy war on your wallet?? Lmfaoooo now you’re just being ridiculous. They are trying to squeeze every penny out of you by making the game free to play? They try to squeeze your wallet by adding rewards that you don’t even have to spend to get? What about they making it so you can change SMs for quarks so you can buy from the quark vendor if you choose? What about the limited cosmetic shop. Anyone you buy can be claimed on all toons. Buy an ally and you can claim on all toons.

People who claim this game is designed to squeeze money have 0 clue about actual pay to win games and it shows lol
    • Like x 3
  13. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

I mean... To be fair... The game is kinda pay to win in the sense of artifacts and to a lesser extent allies. But yes. The whole point of the money shop in the game is "Pay for earlier or easier progress". Sure you dont have to pay for exp... but you sure as hell will take a long time to get it without paying for it
    • Like x 1
  14. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I think you’re showing you don’t know what it means.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again not true. Pretty much every single every MMO has things one could buy to speed up the process. You actually think dcuo is the only that does this? Let me actually enlighten you. There are some games that actually sell stuff that give you an actual advantage over those who do not. These include enhancements for stats or even straight up gear that is not available outside of paying. Yet dcuo is pay to win?

Funny you said it’s take a long time yet they have regular events to help speed up the process and give player so many recourses to help lessen the time sink needed for arts. Lol
    • Like x 1
  16. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Neither does dcuo. YOU wage war on your purse by wanting to pay and actually paying. you dont have to pay anything in this game, its just more convenient too. You dont have to be the best of the best. I have level 80 artifacts as ive rejoined the game from a fresh account in october. I am still running elite content in SoBA because i have knowledge of my powers and the game itself. i dont pay money to level artifacts and i get along just fine
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Clearly you are the one who doesn’t know. Games selling gear and stat boosters that can only be obtained with money. Games selling cosmetics that can only be claimed on a single toon. Even cosmetics that have price tags above $30 (and in some games that’s even cheep). What about games that have systems similar to TCs who have no other form of avenue to obtain said items without money being involved.

But sure… the devs are on a crusade to squeeze every penny out of you lol
    • Like x 1
  18. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

ok so lets put it this way.
    You are in content. You want to be the best of the best. You have level 80 artifacts. You have like 2% chance of beating a full maxed 200 arti player, or even a player with full elite gear on day 1 of the dlc. Some players wont let you in with low artis, you may not even get the content done if you are low artis because you are to weak. tank artis help the tank a ton, DPS artis are huge nowadays, not to mention the swapping you have to do if you wanna be better.
    While it is pay to convience yourself, it is also extremly pay to win if you spend enough.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

What you are describing is pay2tryhard.

Pay2win in a mainly pve game would mean having to pay to be able to complete endgame content, which is far from DCUO's reality.
    • Like x 2
  20. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Also in a sense that you can pay for stats by leveling artifacts? It is highly pay to win if your objective is to be the best dps you can be.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.