Running Our of Patience With This Completely Botched DLC Launch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Ah yes, I remember this quite fondly. Everyone was pretty disappointed since all the hype had been building for some legit content only to be gated, well, by the gate.

Many people left the game to take a "break" and most did not come back, myself included.
  2. Patrick_Jones Level 30

I don't think we are up for "what was the worst" debate...
    I mean I understand and highly respect all your works on DCUO for all the players out there.
    (Especially for noobs like me)

Battle For Earth was released in 2012, almost 10 years ago.

back then iphone 5 was launching on Tim Cook's VERY first presentation on WWDC...

we are now in 2021, almost 2022... technology has improved a LOT, so as payrolls, also we're in era of COVID
    People in the world saying 'age comes with wisdom', meaning you should learn from past and what it's called "experience"

the "experience" we are witnessing or hence called suffering may have happened before but things need to be improved
    after all those what happened in the past and DEVs must know what they are dealing with...
    • Like x 3
  3. C3alix Committed Player

I'm gonna have to disagree. Home Turf launch was literally unplayable lol.
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

That was the first new content in almost a year if I remember correctly. Hence the hype.
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

and this will give something? last DLC most of the bugs were voiced by the players on the test server ... but they still got on the live server .... this DLC is a similar situation, even the bug with artifacts was voiced by Obsidian ... but it "successfully" migrated to the live server .. ...
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And I thought Episode 29: Riddled With Bugs was rough.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Obsidian and the others couldn't figure out to trigger it, it seemed to happen at random.
    • Like x 1
  8. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Indeed.
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

to add to it. the only new feeling mission is the raid. weve seen moonbase and the alert is in our league halls
    • Like x 1
  10. zNot Loyal Player

True but they put in mechanics there i rather have new mechanics then a new „map“. But the openworld is definetly too large imo
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The raid map feels like a combination of Stryker's Island and Metropolis City Hall.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

DLCs used to be on test longer in the past...did absolute ZERO to prevent issues. Your assertion was proven wrong years ago.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sorry for the sarcasm ... but maybe then DI needs to hire one of those exploiters who seem to have found a technique without much difficulty ...hire not ban... lol
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Home Turf wasn't bad on PC. So I don't know how it was on PS.
    HoF you could not play on any server at all. Took them 3 days to fix that. Then the loot issues. It was just a nightmare.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Since they can't control Sony, Microsoft and now Nintendo, this is how they have to do things.
    • Like x 1
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In the end the glitch was console only so after the first day so couldn't try to reproduce if I wanted to :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Swamarian Committed Player

The players spamming the open world bosses would crash the PS3 hard.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

For HoF or HT?

As HoF was like that on the PC too. It literally broke zones in both Gotham and Metropolis. Players were getting stuck in areas. Holy heck, it was terrible time and I understand it was far worse on the PS3. So yeah...
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a shame a lot of these bugs are exclusive to console but I suppose it can't be helped since the PTS is PC.
  20. Controller Devoted Player

I had a feeling that things would be buggy several months ago when the schedule came out for STU and THIS DLC, eventually.

I cannot remember the last time a major DLC was released in DECEMBER.....can anyone else? And ESPECIALLY during a Game-Changing year like THIS ONE was?

I always thought it was Strategic Planning for major DLCs to be released in November - to give plenty of time to fix stuff before the Devs THEMSELVES go on much needed Christmas Vacation.

This HAS TO place a HUGE time crunch on them. Granted - it's their jobs to present a DLC that is functional and ready to go. But with the time crunch I can see why things are crappy like they are ATM.

We have the Christmas Seasonal that's released this month...and if you look closely at that I think the Feats listed for it are a bit bare. That could tell us something right there - as far as resources or attention focused elsewhere.

I believe everything will sort itself out sooner than later. They WILL fix everything, and sooner than later.

For ME - I channeled my frustration into my Water Alt and got here out of the house. I did the DC Dailies, the bosses, the duo, alert and the new raid and then promptly sent HER materials over to my main for their EVENTUAL addition into my augments and my OP neck - once everything is fixed.

It WILL get fixed - sooner than later. Doesn't make things easier for us RIGHT NOW but it will get better.