Rules of Conduct for DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by TSR-AlexS, Feb 15, 2013.

1. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE BASIC RULES OF CONDUCT THAT GOVERN PLAYER INTERACTION AND ACTIVITY WITHIN DC UNIVERSE ONLINE AND IN THE OFFICIAL DC UNIVERSE ONLINE FORUMS. FAILURE TO ACT RESPONSIBLY AND COMPLY WITH THESE RULES WITHIN DC UNIVERSE ONLINE AND THE OFFICIAL DC UNIVERSE ONLINE FORUMS WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION, WHICH MAY RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF ALL YOUR SOE ACCOUNTS WITHOUT ANY REFUND OF ANY KIND AND REFUSAL OF SERVICE TO ALL PRESENT AND FUTURE SOE PRODUCTS.

1. You may not harass or threaten other players (sexually, racially, or otherwise).

Harassment is defined as any unwanted or unwelcome behavior beyond the limits of good taste and appropriate game context. Final determination of harassment and severity will be made by a GM and their Supervisor after a thorough investigation to ensure that each violation is treated fairly and objectively.

Harassment will result in disciplinary action being taken against the offending account. Such action may include official warnings, account suspensions, or account terminations. The exact action depends on the severity of the incident which will be determined by a GM and a Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account termination will result in the termination of all SOE game accounts. Sexual/Racial harassment or hate mongering will lead to the immediate termination of all SOE game accounts.

2. You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language, in any language. The presence of any form of preventative filter or other game features is not license or permission, tacit or otherwise, to use such language in any form.

The use of offensive language will result in disciplinary action being taken against the account that may include official warnings, account suspensions, or account termination depending on the severity of the incident which will be determined by a GM and Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account terminations will result in the termination of all SOE game accounts.

3. You may not impersonate any Sony Online Entertainment employee, past or present, including any Customer Support personnel. This includes any form of parody, jest, or attempt to deflect other customers for fear of action being taken against their account.

Impersonation of the above outlined personnel will result in disciplinary action being taken against the account that may include official warnings or account suspensions depending on the severity of the incident which will be determined by a GM and a Supervisor. Multiple suspensions or account terminations will result in termination of all SOE game accounts.

4.. You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

5. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software while on DC Universe Online or the DC Universe Online Web site or forums.

6. We reserve the right, but not the responsibility, to restrict conduct that we deem, in our absolute and sole discretion, to be harmful to individual members, damaging to the service, or in violation of our or any third party's rights. We further reserve the right to prohibit or delete conduct, communication, or content transmitted on SOE services that is deemed to be in violation of applicable laws or is harmful to other members, the DC Universe Online service community, or the rights of Sony Online Entertainment in general. You acknowledge, however, that communication over the service occurs real-time and we cannot, and do not intend to, screen communication in advance.

7. You may not modify any part of the DC Universe Online client, servers, or any part of the DC Universe Online website located at http://www.dcuniverseonline.com, without the express written permission of Sony Online Entertainment. This includes, but is not limited to, any hardware or third party software that allows unattended game play, alters movement speed of your character, or anything other action which we determine as an unfair advantage to your character.

8. Modification of any portion of the software or components or use of 3rd party programs or hardware to modify computer memory that gives any unfair advantage or enable unattended game play will result in the termination of all SOE game accounts.

9. You may not organize or be a member of any League, Legion, or group within DC Universe Online that is based on or espouses any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay or other hatemongering philosophy. You also may not organize or be a member of any player association which habitually violates the DC Universe Online Terms of Service and/or Game/Forum rules and policies.

Organization or membership within such associations, Leagues, Legions, or groups participating in said actions may result in disciplinary action being taken against your account. Such action may include official warnings, account suspensions, or account terminations depending on the severity of the incident. Penalties will be determined by a GM and a Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account terminations may result in the termination of all SOE game accounts.

Please Note: League/Legion leaders condoning, participating in, or knowingly allowing such action to occur may also be held responsible for the actions of their League/Legion and may result in disciplinary action being taken against their account. Such action may include official warnings, account suspensions, or account terminations depending on the severity of the incident, to be determined by a GM and Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account terminations will result in the termination of all SOE game accounts.

Leagues/Legions which violate the above rules are subject to disbandment, depending on the severity of the incident which will be determined by a GM and a Lead GM. Any items, renown, time, or reputation lost to the disbanded League or Legion will not be compensated by Sony Online Entertainment.

10. You will not sell, transfer, lease, or share your account. Please be aware that this DOES include the practice commonly referred to as “power leveling”. Regardless of what third parties may state, allowing another individual, group of individuals, or company expressly hired to play your account IS a violation of our policies. Accounts found to have participated in this type of account sharing will have any character, cash, or item advancement removed, and may lead to disciplinary action including account suspension, and up to account termination of all owned SOE accounts.

11. You will not buy or sell any in-game item, character, cash, renown, or other intellectual property of Sony Online Entertainment for real world money.

12. You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your DC Universe Online account. This includes invalid email addresses and telephone contact information. If needed, players can update their email address and other information by selecting the "Account" button from the game’s Launchpad interface (the login screen). Once logged in you may update all of the account information and Game Pass options. Failure to provide accurate information may result in the deactivation of your account until such information can be updated properly through our account/billing services available by telephone at (858)537-0898, or through our live chat available through the support area at the official DC Universe Online website.

13. You will not exploit any bug in DC Universe Online. Further, you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (including bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of DC Universe Online. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "bug" reporting function.

14. You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where DC Universe Online may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to DC Universe Online without the express written permission of Sony Online Entertainment.

Discovery of the use or creation of said programs will result in the termination of all SOE game accounts.

15. You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in DC Universe Online or on the Official DC Universe Online Forums. Failure to follow instructions from official support personnel may result in disciplinary action being taken against your account. Such action may include official warnings, account suspensions, or account terminations depending on the severity of the incident which will be determined by a GM and a Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account terminations will result in the termination of all SOE game accounts.
    You can more information from this link

We want the experience to be fun. Please feel free to pm a TSR if you have any questions.
  2. DCAstro New Player

Although I agree with SOE rules of conduct, I find that the way in which SOE applies them are not appropriate, especially the ones regarding hacking and use of third party software for game advantage. I believe their detection software is either too sensitive and gives false positives, or it is too easy for hacker to go around it and blame true players for their actions. Although the game developers say that the player can have any software running in background while playing the game, I do not believe it. As I recall the bans of which I have been blamed, I had either Matlab, Cygwin, TeXWorks, and maybe other Windows programs running in the background. Maybe that is the problem, for the SOE technical staff software used for mathematical and engineering applications are ''able to hack'' into DCUO, if this is the case, then I'm doomed.

Once their system says that you are breaking the code the technical staff does not provide any help to stop the false positive besides re-installing the game (which by the way did not help at all) or formatting your computer to make sure that everything goes away. Technical staff, please start to be of real help to players before you ban their accounts!!
    • Like x 1
  3. Major Cedric Level 30

The third post I see on his complaint of third party programs.
    Otherwise, the terms of conduct are great but should have a sort of "fiscal" in the channels. Especially in the LFG channel custom.
  4. Kyle Everett New Player

Hmm, I might post these on my League site. A lot of people forget the rules. Sometimes they just skip them.
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Wonder Woman and her Amazons should be banned. I mean, they are very, very sexist.
  6. Demonic Light New Player

Lol' just now saw this..-cries- I cursed earlier on my forum'
  7. dvdira New Player

Hello,

Was just online a few minutes ago asking in the chat tab where to file a complaint about in-game conduct. I googled and found my way to this thread, although I am not sure this is the correct venue. If not, then would appreciate it if i can be directed to the correct forum.

In essence, would like to report a player who provoked several of my leaguemates last night, resulting in the suspension of 1, probably 2 of my leaguemates due to their violation of the rules of conduct (they used angry and admittedly foul language chatting with this guy, who said he was recording everything). However, I am familiar with the antics of this player, and witnessed exactly how he maneuvered things to his advantage. I've seen him do it before with other people but no one probably was ever baited enough. Is this the right place to discuss this?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong venue.
  8. Epcot Active Player

Wait is this game still Sony? If not do these rules still count???