Roles of Friends currently online

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheHattoriHanzo, Jan 26, 2022.

1. TheHattoriHanzo New Player

I've been thinking about this for a while now and have shared with a couple random players I ran with. But it would be very helpful to know what role my friends are when they are online. It gets hard to remember when you have so many and it helps when you need certain roles to fill when in need. I see that the League shows roles and was thinking maybe it can be in the friends list as well. Let me know what you think?
    • Like x 16
  2. Eve YouTuber

I'd love that! Wanted it for a long time now
    • Like x 7
  3. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Yes!!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

This feature has been asked about for years.
    I'd still like to see this in game.
    Seeing the roles of my friends would be helpful.
    • Like x 4
  5. TheHattoriHanzo New Player

Just wanted to follow up and see if this was posted in the correct spot. If not, please let me know. I would like really like to see if this is even possible or in development.

Thanks in advance
    • Like x 1
  6. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Well the players can switch armories to controller/dps, healer/dps, tank/dps .
    The symbols be switching a lot since the players have armories, and play both roles.
  7. Siramez Well-Known Player

or just show two symbols (support and dps icon)
    • Like x 4
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

If they can find some time this will be awesome to have .
    • Like x 1
  9. Leonite Well-Known Player

To make it simple, I'd be happy with just the CR and power set of that friend.
    • Like x 5
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Powerset of a friend would be nice. That way we can politely ask if they would be willing to "dps" or "role" an instance.

Also, this has been requested for as long as I can remember. I've been playing since F2P in early November 2011.
    • Like x 4
  11. Jaelia Committed Player

This is such an amazing idea +1 :D
    • Like x 1
  12. TheHattoriHanzo New Player

I Like this idea. Just like many who have been playing for years, the friends list can get overwhelming. If it shows the icon or even just the name of powerset it wouldnt constantly change and it shouldnt be a problem. Im figuring the powerset name would work best as it is a text field. Heck, if it were something like this showing up on list
    "Hero1" [Fire] or
    "Villian2" [Rage]
    Would be similar to how our toons display league names or titles.
    I dont play other mmo so I wonder how other platforms address this?
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Although I get why people want this feature I don't really need it because I don't just add randoms to my friend list in the first place.

If they're in my friends list to begin with I know who they are and what roles they play.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kestral Committed Player

At that point it might be better to never show the DPS role seeing as everyone has that option.
  15. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

The idea is good, but even when we inspect the player, we don't know what his power is. There must be a reason.
  16. TheHattoriHanzo New Player

The icon portion most likely wont work because they would have to redo the UI. Currently it is just Text for the friends list.
  17. TheHattoriHanzo New Player

You're right. I wonder why lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheHattoriHanzo New Player

No one is implying adding randoms lol. Sometimes you run with someone and have a good chat and get along with them. You run together for a little while then they vanish for months and then you forget what role they play or what power. Some people keep a tight knit list of friends which is cool, but there are a lot who add of friends that they cant keep track of.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

No, I get why people want it, that's what I said, I just have no personal use for it, but it would be useful to have available to those that desire it, even just being able to see a persons power.
  20. TheHattoriHanzo New Player

You know, when I think about it. There are some guys, the really picky ones, that dont like to run with other certain powers. It was long long time ago, but maybe it still exists? And maybe the devs just didnt want to make any changes to how it currently looks. Most of the time they dont fix things if they dont think its broken, which it isnt, but it wouldve been nice to show power. Or if the animation of your toon when being inspected shows the power. Kind of like when you first make your toon and select powers. But who really knows why lol
    • Like x 2