Role Specific Gear (DEVS PLEASE READ)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DeathRogue, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I didn't compare it to a solo RPG. In most RPG's with multiple characters/roles etc, you usually acquire stuff you can't use unless it's a solo RPG where everything is pretty much tailored for the main character or available to all party members which in this game would be DPS gear.
  2. DeathRogue Well-Known Player

Firstly to the 1 person who doesn't pay any attention I have you ignored missy. Sorry you felt I was rude. but you did not comprehend anything of what I was looking foer. If the Devs did NOT care what the players wanted then this game would be dead and would NEVER be revived. the only thing I see them NOT wanting to really do is increase the cash limit. STAY ON TOPIC do not discuss what YOU want to discuss about STYLES. this THREAD isnt about STYLES it is about getting ROLE SPECIFIC ITEMS in ALERTS and DUOS from the WEEKLY BOXES. this part is aimed at that girl who was trying to change the subject to Style Specifics.

Your wrong I have played many MMO games including those that some may not consider as an MMO. and not 1 of them gave me JUNK that I could not use. This game is Based on ROLE SPECIFIC things. Like if you are a Tank regardless if you have the STYLE here would you NOT Rather have Items pertaining to your ROLE from the WEEKLY REWARD box? I know A Lot of players would. The Point Being is that the Weekly Reward Box items are NON TRADEABLE. making the item useless. They Implemented the New DLC and said it was more tailored to our needs. But they never did some of the things they said they were going to do such as scaling the priced down for items. just did it for our Hideouts. Oh yeah and the 1 last thing I am going to inform you of good sir. No MMO is a SOLO player Game LoL. that is why they are called Massive Multiplayer Online Games And to top that off I always was able to use the items pertaining to what I got from drops in all the MMOs I ever played.

Now Please this is not a topic for discussing STYLES it is about your ROLE SPECIFIC items. Do you not want a ROLE SPECIFIC Item from the weekly rewards box? If it gives an item? I Say yes.

Note: Mods This is not A Rage Thing. It is a Frustration towards her. She was going off topic and then proceeding to be negative in every since of the way. you Warned me before about me being In your Words Negative about an issue I was on topic about but others were Antagonizing me. So please by all means BEFORE DELETING the Post Just Edit it. Deleting would Defeat the Purpose of what Im trying to say to the Devs.
  3. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

I do feel sorry for poeple who cant except being disagreed with. I made a simple statement that explained things correctly with full understanding of what was being asked. Yet i become shallow, unable to comprehend or pay attention, am not on topic and now ignored. Oh yes and my last reply seems to be gone which yes i was on the angry side (my apologies to those who saw it) but i fully explained how he was not reading what i was saying correctly. I fully know he is talking about usable gear and not just styles but he seems to want to belittle me and go on with his rant. Oh well moving on then.
    • Like x 3
  4. The52 New Player

I would say if it's coming from your weekly reward box, it should be account bound like the promethium box drops. I can't tell you how many times I'm saying "Man my tank could use this, or Man i don't use 1H on this toon, but my troll... I know you guys know where I'm at with this. If our dev overlords (lol) can't do anything with the role drops, please devs, make those weekly awards account bound.
    • Like x 1
  5. uXix Committed Player

Completely agree with this.
  6. DeathRogue Well-Known Player

Im really not saying it shouldnt be account bound. However they should atleast make it to where it is just Role Specific as opposed to there being a item your role can not use.
    • Like x 1
  7. Bloodartist New Player

Well turf rewards are a step in the right direction, giving you specific piece of gear for a specific role you want. So I guess devs understand but they just don't want to change code that is already there easily.

But I admit getting gear that I can't use from a frikken reward box (where the box itself was the reward) makes me annoyed. So yes I am in support of the topic. Make the drops at least dps gear with an occasional chance for rolespecific gear that you can use.
    • Like x 4
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

There is an issue with this. Whether you need it for stats or style, they made certain style gear for certain roles. Every style should be for every role, then you can do unttuned gear in lock boxes. I do agree though, bonus boxes should no specific role or account bound.
    • Like x 2
  9. indee2025 New Player

Incorrect as you can't salvage or do anything with the jewelry from lpromethium boxes except delete them. And the consumables from them are terrible.
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So many players seem to want to finish the game in a week. I don't understand that. I have gotten weekly reward items from the BFE duos that were duplicates of loot I already had. It's nice to get something you need but as someone else suggested, you can always salvage or sell them. And you always get marks which you can use. When weekly rewards were introduced the Devs logic was that which I stated above so your argument will fall on deaf ears.
    • Like x 1
  11. DEATHbyLIGHT New Player

I am totally for role specific gear droppin from prize boxes, but...

It wouldnt be as awesome of a feeling waiting for those legs and finally getting them after countless runs. Although its an insignificant feeling compared to completing, lets say prime, with your group cr averaging 73, but its a feeling of gratitude nonetheless.

Prize boxes are just another way to get us to keep grinding. Taking that away makes this a dull game.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeathRogue Well-Known Player

Im not Saying Take the Weekly Box Away Im asking for when the box drops Gear to make it Role Specific instead of say your a Tank and the Box drops you Healer or Troller Gear.

As sad as it may be to some players that this falls on Def Ears it is just as sad that the Devs would let it be this way. However if the Devs are always trying to get more players to want to stay then they will listen and try and do something close enough to it to appease the General Population. The Increasing Our Cash Limit is Always Falling on Def Ears no matter what there Idea or Suggestion is. IMO They should not say stuff such as we will take that into consideration if they never intend to do so. a Good sign of fait for all the cash players put into the game for the DLC Packs and Legendary Status you would think that they would take something like this into consideration since so many other MMOs have this equation in there games.
  13. DEATHbyLIGHT New Player

by all means, i did not try to make it sound like i wanted the boxes to be taken away completely. i was saying that if it drops what you want, then it wouldnt be a prize box, but the same type of drop you get prior to the completion of the instance.

whether you are legendary or f2p, grinding is what makes you better than the next.
    • Like x 1
  14. DEATHbyLIGHT New Player

And as a side note...

So many of the players want things handed to them, just because theyre legendary or went from toon creation to 70cr over the weekend. But the biggest thing that most people fail to realize is that this game wasnt f2p from the start. We wouldnt get dlc half off, the valentines day event wouldnt have just been given to us in a box, and marks would not have been changed.

If we wanted everything to just be given to us on a silver platter, they wouldnt make money and the game wouldnt be fun because everyone is geared the same and content is easy. Totally defeats the purpose of making a video game that you want to succeed.
    • Like x 1
  15. St34lthFox New Player

Thanks for sharing this tip. I was about post a question to ask about that. I run a healer and just got the Fourth World head that's Tank specific. I'll have my tax refund soon so I can say the state of VA paid for the respec tokens.
    I'm F2P/Premium so I can't open lockboxes, but in the past 8-10 months since I've been running on duty content I might've gotten 1 or 2 weapons from T3 duos that I could equip for style but were weaker than what I get from the duos. Everything else is consumables: Zesty Colas, Shield Generators, Throwing Stars ... although I kinda like the stars since I've gone for the tech ninja look with my character.
    WillFlynne is right that you can still get *something* by selling the items. Free money. I wouldn't risk salvaging anything worth a lot.
  16. SoylentBob New Player

How about those empty boxes or Doom Seeds?

[IMG]
    You were lucky to get off-role gear.
    Luxury. We used to dream of getting gear in our reward boxes.
    We used to have to get out of the Watchtower at three o'clock in the morning, clean Ace Chemicals, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, wait twenty hours a day in queue for PvP, warp home, and mepps would beat us around the neck with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
  17. Lavitra New Player

I think the most frustrating thing about getting Healer stuff is I can't trade it. The only thing I can do is trash it or maybe sell it to a vendor for $200 (if it lets me). At least you can use the cola's.
  18. MetalMario Loyal Player

Selling it to the vendor is completely wasting it. You could at least salvage it, which works towards a feat.
  19. Lavitra New Player

Oh that, too. Yeah I agree.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The OP wasn't talking about Promethium boxes, the OP was talking about the Weekly Reward boxes you get from content like Challenges. That's what I was talking about when mentioning salvaging or selling stuff off.

To each their own on the lockbox consumables, though. I've found them to be pretty handy, myself.