Role Lock Elite for Twice the Fun

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritasum, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Veritasum Loyal Player

Currently, beating the regular DC alert will unlock the elite version one time and subsequent runs cost RB until reset day.

What if in addition to that one unlock, we would have the option of running it a second time without RB in our other role. So on reset day, run it once as a dps and the next time as a heal/tank/troll, but you would be role locked during the whole alert. Of course you could always run both as a non dps role, just once as a dps.

I understand you still need a dps in there for role lock runs, but I haven't figured out that part :(

I'm sure some would argue it's "forcing" you to ... blah, Stalin, blah, North Korea thing, but you do not have to take advantage of a second free run. Or I only run as dps (that's my role, unfair, etc.), but again, it's optional free run.

It may encourage more roles playing or simply more players learning their roles.

I'm sure there's a RB sales impact here, so I'm just thinking out lout and making a thread.
    • Like x 3
  2. X-zero Loyal Player

A plus for support roles won't be a bad idea. Even if it didn't make people play support roles more it would allow the support roles out there to get stuff fast and the larger dps community to share them.
    • Like x 2
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I like this idea...Players that only run DPS will suffer due to not playing the support role even if they have an armory.
    • Like x 3
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I like it its seems fair if you can't play ur support role that's on u as a player
    • Like x 2
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

If we have an idea that encourages support roles (good for the game as a whole) and gives end-game players an extra free shot at elite gear (good for players), I'm all for it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they probably wont do it because of the money but i support this idea
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

I support the idea, only after power balance is achieved. I would prefer this for Raids and alerts. However DBG most likely wont do this as it affects RB sales/usage which is the core of this game.
    • Like x 1
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

+1 op. No. +2
    • Like x 1
  9. ssvillae New Player

Here's an idea why don't they make drop chance higher for support role? Before someone argue I only dps I'd like to point out that your power has 2 options when queueing dps and your role for that power
    • Like x 3