Rogue Versus Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Willydon305, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

I recently was browsing on youtube and came across some character death battle videos, which pitted characters like Goku vs Superman, Spiderman vs Batman, All four Ninja Turtles against each other etc.... I agreed with all of the outcomes except for the video featuring Rogue vs Wonder Woman. I understand that Rogue has a death touch and super strength but isn't wonder woman a hybrid of superman (with regards to strength) and batman (with regards to combat mastery), so I was under the impression that with nearly Superman's strength and Batman's combat prowess, that Rogue wouldn't even get close enough to touch Wonder Woman.... What does the community think about this death battle?
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

Rouge will win becaue everytime she touches WW, she will gain WW power while WW loses some life force
  3. deadstryoke New Player

ww doesn't need to touch her tiara would slice rogue with ease
  4. TrueMarvel New Player

Pretty sure rouge is invulnerable.......
  5. deadstryoke New Player

not really she is really vulnerable if she wants to match the reaction time of WW which is like near speed of light she gotta touch GL or SM
  6. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

@ Marvel, but with wonder woman's advance combat training will rogue be able to even touch wonder woman? Once wonder woman knows that rogues touch could spell defeat or even death, she will modulate her battle plans, to neutralize rouge"s strength. I think the makers of the death battle underestimated wonder woman's power and intelligence by assuming that rogue would somehow be able to touch her with her deadly touch.
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

Rouge has the raw power of Ms. Marvel at her base form. Rouge is not weaker than WW by any means. The fight would merely drag on until Rouge gets a touch. and its not like WW knows before hand. The only way WW would possibly win is to know beforehand about rouge's abilites... otherwise she's walking into a fight that turns her greatest strength agasint her... her physicalility
  8. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

Ms Marvel is not stronger than Wonder Woman, so Rogue would be operating at a deficit... Random fights don't come with scouting reports like boxing or an MMA fight would, but I'm sure that Wonder Woman (like most fighters) aim to have their opponents have the least amount of touches. So if you take a trained fighter like Wonder Woman and match her against a fighter who is untrained and relies soley on their raw abilities, the more discipline fighter wins everytime.
  9. MasterRedDeth New Player

Well, Wonder Woman has some godly strength that could potentially be used on Wonder Woman but considering Rogue does has skills she could possibly get her hands on Wonder Woman for some nice power. One thing is for certain, it'd be one heck of a fight with an undetermined fight.
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

Do you actually know anything about rouge and Ms. Marvel? Rouge is an X-man who steals memeories and powers(like combat skills right?) and Ms. Marvel is a shield agent and was the leader of the avengers.

Also if rouge touches WW or vice versa.... Rouge becomes a WW caliber fighter...
  11. Wizz Tron New Player

Due to the nature of her unique mutant powers, Rogue has had several different abilities over the years.
    Mutant powers

Rogue possesses the mutant ability to absorb the psyche and abilities of another human being (or members of some sapient alien races) through skin contact. Rogue can absorb the memories, knowledge, talents, personality, and physical abilities (whether superhuman or not) of the person she touches, as well as occasionally duplicating in herself physical characteristics of her victim. The victim's abilities and memories are absorbed for a one to 60 ratio of time of contact. The victim loses those abilities and memories for exactly the amount of time that Rogue possesses them. This absorption usually leaves the victim weakened, and sometimes renders them unconscious. Their powers may also be temporarily weakened or removed. Rogue's power is constantly active, rendering her incapable of touching others without the absorption process taking place. However, evidence suggests that Rogue's inability to control her powers is psychological in nature. During the times when the Ms. Marvel personality would overtake her psyche, she was able to touch people freely.[77] This fact has since been corroborated by the discovery that Rogue's absorption power never developed beyond the stage of its original manifestation.[53] Xavier later rectified this by telepathically removing the psychological barriers stunting it.[53]
    The transfer of abilities is usually temporary, lasting for a period of time relative to how long contact is maintained, but if Rogue holds on to her victim for too long, the transfer may become permanent, leaving the victim nearly dead, as was the case with Ms. Marvel. However, it must also be noted that Ms. Marvel fought the transfer process, which Rogue attested to sometime after the incident occurred. Most often this process happens instantly when Rogue touches someone, but certain extraordinarily powerful beings have proven resistant to Rogue's power, and she may only share part of their memories and power, as was the case when Rogue once attempted to absorb power from the alien Magus. However, in the process of doing so she gained an immunity to the Technarch transmode virus.[78][79]
    As Rogue is absorbing the total psyche of a person, there is a risk of a personality overwhelming her and taking control of her body. It has also been shown that even though the memories she has absorbed eventually fade when a psyche returns to its body, remnants, or 'echoes', of the personalities of victims whose memories she has absorbed remain buried in her subconscious indefinitely, and while there is little to no risk of those personalities overwhelming her like the Ms. Marvel personality could, they can occasionally make their presences known.
    Fully developed mutant abilities

Following the conclusion of Messiah Complex, Rogue's slate was wiped clean. The mutant baby's touch mysteriously erased all of the previous memories and abilities Rogue had absorbed, including those of the Hecatomb. It also cured her of the Strain 88 virus. Rogue's touch now simply steals the memories and abilities of individuals she comes in direct skin-to-skin contact with. The longer the contact, the longer Rogue retains the absorbed information. She can now control her powers at her will, making her touch lethal—or non-lethal—at will.[volume & issue needed]
    Following the events of X-Men: Legacy, Rogue appears to be able to activate her powers at will, as opposed to them being constantly active, as demonstrated when she kisses Gambit without incident. Her inability to control her powers stemmed from mental blocks within her mind which formed each time she used her abilities, crippling the development of her powers from their nascent stage. When Professor Xavier removes the blocks, her powers are allowed to develop normally.[53] With this new control, Rogue demonstrates the ability to absorb and collectively utilize all the powers of the New X-Men, in order to defeat a rogue Predator X, with no apparent harm to either them or herself.[57]
    She later uses the more lethal version of her powers against the Avengers during her fight with them, even making Falcon and She-Hulk immediately unconscious without any negative feedback on her physical self (besides She-Hulk's green skin) but she cannot control the minds of the ones she absorbed. She steals their powers and renders them unconscious for a long time.[80]
    Ms. Marvel powers

As a young woman, Rogue permanently absorbed the superhuman powers and the psyche of the original Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers).[12] This provided her with superhuman strength, stamina, durability, reflexes, speed and a 7th sense. She was able to repel bullets and fly at sub-sonic speeds, much like Ms. Marvel could. In addition, she possessed an amalgamated mutant human/Kree physiology that rendered her resistant to most toxins and poisons, with the added effect of making her virtually invulnerable.
    Rogue also gained a precognitive "seventh sense" that enables her to predict an enemy's move subconsciously during battle. She used this ability to predict where Nightcrawler would teleport and from which direction Magus of the Technarchy would attack.[78] This ability was not always reliable, however, and would randomly and sporadically activate.
    When she possessed Carol Danvers' psyche, her "double" consciousness made her highly resistant to telepathic probes, even those of Charles Xavier, which was said to have been a byproduct of two minds existing in one body and/or Carol Danvers' Kree physiology. Rogue could also draw upon the combat and espionage training of Carol Danvers by allowing her alternate personality, a duplicate of Danvers', to dominate her conscious mind.
    When Rogue later lost all of her superhuman abilities for a time,[citation needed] her Ms. Marvel powers vanished for quite some time and did not return until later when Rogue absorbed an injured Cadre K girl named Z'Cann.[32]
    X-Treme abilities

During the Maximum Security miniseries, Rogue absorbed an injured Cadre K girl named Z'Cann. The girl held on longer than necessary, using her mind control to boost the process and because of this (perhaps because she had absorbed a fluid Skrull physiology) Rogue mutated further, gaining the ability to 'recall' the powers of anyone she had ever absorbed before, though she could not control when or which of these powers surfaced. For a short time Rogue also had a Skrull appearance, scanned as though she had Skrull DNA, and had their shapeshifting powers, but these soon faded and she returned to her normal appearance.
    Through meditation, Rogue learned how to suppress the random manifestations of most of these abilities, but found herself with Wolverine's claws and healing factor, and Cyclops' optic blasts for a time (she had to wear ruby quartz glasses), while also still retaining her mutant and Ms. Marvel powers.
    Later, Sage used her own mutant abilities to 'jump-start' Rogue's power, giving her the control to manifest any ability she had ever absorbed, whenever she wished to. It is generally accepted that after regaining her abilities after X-Treme X-Men, she has lost this ability.
    Though Z'Cann was a telepath, Rogue never displayed this power (though she did manifest telepathy, it was with the Phoenix energy form, so it was most likely an echo of Jean Grey's powers).
  12. Snow New Player

If Rougue does get a touch of Wonder Woman, whatever Wonder Woman's weakness will be Rougue's too. Also, there is a risk that the personality Rogue controls can take control over her body. It's a tie-tie situation really.
  13. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

I know all about Rogue and Wonder Woman thus the creation of the thread..... It seems like you are underestimating the tact of Wonder Woman, who DC dubs the female version of superman. If I follow your simplisitic train of thought then Rogue should be able to beat anybody once she touches them... The point i'm trying to make is that, there are some fighters like (WW) who would be able to engage her physically without playing to her strength which is touch.
  14. TrueMarvel New Player

Your statement contradicts itself... If WW cannot touch rouge without being "absorbed", the how does she engage her physically? Unless she has prior knowledge of Rouge's power she will have no idea punching rouge would be counter productive. Its a trap. WW cannot win without prior knowledge. and yes Rouge can beat superman.
  15. Wizz Tron New Player

Yes she can
    She has the potential to be a omega class mutant
    When she fully controls her powers she can touch without absorbing, take a little bit or take it all and she can keep those powers and recall them anything she wants and use multiples at the same times
    And not just powers but skills and knowledge
    I got a book around here somewhere talking about the different futures of the xmen and in one her powers evolved to a point she had to wear a full body suit because she would draw the powers from anyone within miles of her just from air contact
  16. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

2 of my favorite woman toons of all time! I have some old books from when Rouge was still a bad guy and did crazy stuff like attack the Whitehouse alone and kick the crap out of all the classic Xmen. I don't care who wins I just want to watch!!!!
    P.S. Wasn't it WonderMAN that Rogue sucked to death that made her so powerfull? I think that's how Marvel got rid of him so DC would get off their case for copyright infringement? I could be wrong, I'm old and the memory is going.I'll look it up.
  17. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

Nope, Paradoxes are fallicies and me being a lawyer i'm trained to not make them. Rogue"s powers manifest themselves through her touch not through bodily contact as a whole.... So even if Wonder Woman puts on a special kind of suit that Rogue's touch can't absorb through then Rogue doesn't have a chance. If you think Rogue can beat superman then you need to pass that junk you're smoking because it clearly has skewed your thinking.
  18. TrueMarvel New Player

And this statement clearly makes it obvious you are underestimating Rouge. Not saying WW isn't awesome. But Rouge has the clear and obvious advantage. Not many people Rouge can beat. and if she can't beat them its usually because they aren''t physical entities or they can somehow shut down her power..... and they can only do that with prior knowledge of her abilities which WW doesn't have.
  19. LL New Player

Rouge would win, I love both but her powers are what they are....
    • Like x 1
  20. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

W
    I'm not underestimating no one, I'm just trying to reach a conclusion using logic... A person's strength is only relevant if it can be used, if you render an advantage useless, then it no longer becomes and advantage (obviously). Rogue is a mortal, Wonder Woman is a living GOD, so even though Rogue has a cute little absorbition power that last for minutes, Wonder Woman has the power and talents of the most cerebral beings in the fictional world at her disposal, the GODS.