Rogue Bounty feat M-m-m-m Monster Kill has a glitch

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TechWarrior0329, Sep 1, 2018.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Just in case ... I'll elaborate I mean the one where you defeat 10 Rogues in a row without being defeated by any and its supposed to award 25 feat points. So three days ago I managed to defeat 8 Rogues in a row... I was tired and it was late so i didn't feel like spending more time trying to coax Zoom out to get to 9 of 9. Then yesterday I did managed to find and defeat all 9 in a row.

Now let's do the MATH shall we? That means that last night before logging off i had managed to defeat 17 ROGUES in a row and still had no 25 point feat awarded. Now I have done this a few times before and figured it was because i didn't get 9 or 9 on Thursday. And I'd get it when I defeat my first Rogue today.

WELL minutes ago I defeated Abra in Central City and was surprised when I accepted my reward and the feat did not get awarded again. I went to the FEAT tab and checked... Its reset and shows i have defeated 1/10.

I have all the feats for defeating as many as 500 ROGUES on 8 different alts and never had this happen before.. Character's Name is Artemus Crock and i play on the USPC server
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You had them all lined up?

If it's not 10 in a row, the feat doesn't work.

It's tricky to calculate since a lot are on rooftops, but I usually use a partner to tell me when all 10 are in a straight line.
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

You also need the mission bounties to receive "credit", if you defeat the cc bounties without the bounty mission it won't count
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Shark,... Can you elaborate on what you mean by lined up? I defeated 9 Rogues on Friday... and then today I went to Central City grabbed the Missions again and while there i found and defeated Abra Kadabra. So I had defeated each of the Rogues on Friday and ON Friday the FEAT tab for M-M-MM show 9/10. Today (Saturday) I defeated Abra a second time. No defeats in between.. On Thursday I had done pretty much the same thing all the Rogues in Gotham and Metropolis had been defeated.. I had defeated Abra even before I headed out to locate and defeat the other 7.. then went back but it was late, I was tired and after defeating ABRA again for the 2nd time THAT day.. I just gave up and went to bed.

Now I have completed this FEAT along with every single other one associated with the Rogues 8 times before and I never knew there was any sort of special order they had to be defeated in if that's what you mean? Can I get more info buddy I am not 100% sure what you are asking me LOL
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL well aware of that Jade. In fact as far as I know there are ONLY two bounties that grant anything at all without you having the mission to find and defeat them from the contact. The Mist affected bounties in Metropolis battlezone can be attacked, defeated and county toward the total defeat feats without having the missions.. Otherwise you either do 1 bounty a week OR spend a ton on replays. its a weekly mission. And the daily bounties in Deluge can be hunted down and defeated all in one day and once you have defeated each one time you will open up the weekly bounty where you find a large Starro and defeat it.

None of the others that i can think of, off hand, award or count toward anything if you defeat them without having the mission to attack and defeat them. Prime example.. I gave up tonight and logged off after the 5th time I had defeated Abra TRYING to get Zoom to spawn in Central City. The only time that counted toward number of Rogues defeated was the first. the other 4 are basically just practice. LOL
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh and by the way.... Sadly I am still low enough that at times taking on one of them can be deadly if you are not careful.... I had defeated Abra before heading out to find the others.. and as I mentioned my counter reset to 1/10. Well I accidentally clicked the wrong key on my laptop at the wrong time and Trickster kicked my butt. I rezzed went and found him again and KICKED his but but thanks to that as of when i logged tonight I am at 7/10. I may have over 50 of these guys killed before I get credit for killing ten and DANG I should already have that. :( <--- not really sad but we don't have a POUTING emoji LOL
    • Like x 1
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

This Feat is nearly seven years old, so forgive me if my memory is inaccurate, but as I recall, you can't die AT ALL in between Bounties or it will reset your counter. That includes PvP and other PvE instances.

Since there were only nine bounties available in a given day (as mentioned above, you must get the mission for it to count), I seem to remember KOing 8 or 9 on a single day - but I did not complete the missions in the journal until I was ready to get the last one or two - making it less likely I'd suffer a random death.

Of course, it might be glitched too. :(
    • Like x 3
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Migraine is 100% correct. You can’t get KOd at all. If you defeat 9 and then do a raid and get knocked out, the feat is reset.

It’s not bugged, just fickle.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yes guys but no one seems to be reading what I posted right. ..

1. On THURSDAY long after the daily and weekly reset (before anyone thinks that might have something to do with it) I went to central City. I grabbed the mission from the contact ( the sign on the side walk on the same side of the street as the news station where players can purchase armor). I found and defeated Abra and then headed to Gotham where I defeated (without dying) Captain Boomerang, the Pied Piper, The Trickster and Heat Wave. I then proceeded to Metropolis where I defeated the Weather Wizard, the Top and Captain Cold. At that point I returned to Central City and attempted to locate and defeat Zoom but was unable to get him to spawn before I grew tired and logged off for the evening. Before I logged off I checked the Feat tab and opened the tab for the M-M-M=M Monster Kill feat and it showed I had completed 8/10 with no defeats.

2. On FRIDAY I returned to Central City and acquired the mission again to find and defeat 9 Rogue. I defeated ZOOM before heading to Gotham and Metropolis again and defeating all 7 of the Rogues located in those two cities without being defeated myself. I then returned to Central City and defeated Abra to complete the entire mission going 9/9 without being defeated at any time by any Rogue. When I pulled up the M-M-M-M Monster Kill feat it now showed i was 9/10. Of course the reality was at that point I was actually 17/17.

3. On SATURDAY I returned once more to Central City and got the mission once more and found and defeated Abra once more before heading to Gotham. Now at that point I was surprised because I got no notification that I had completed the feat. I pulled it up again and the thing had totally reset and showed I was 1/10. ACTUALLY I was 18/18. Then I had my "bad day" so to speak and hit the wrong key at the wrong time and died when Trickster defeated me. I then proceeded to defeat him the next time i found him along with all the other Rogues but Zoom and the counter for the feat NOW shows I an 7/10. Oh and let's clarify the reason Zoom didn't get defeated was because I kept finding and defeating Abra.. In all that day I defeated him 6 times trying to clear the way so Zoom could spawn but of course only 1 of those counted toward the feat. And no during all that Abra never defeated me. Just in case anyone reads this that is unaware central City is a small zone and Zoom and Abra share the exact same spawn points so if ONE has spawned and is roaming the city the other can NOT spawn until that one is defeated and off the map. Respawn generally only takes 2 minutes or less but they have no set schedule for the respawns so you can and will have one or the other spawn numerous times in a row beofre the other appears.. Drives people crazy LOL

In all over three days time I have defeated 25 ROGUES and had 18/18 defeated without a single defeat but still can NOT get the AI to register the fact I went 10/10 and grant me the 25 feat points for the feat. That count does not even include the times in CC where I would join in and help some one defeat Abra as I attempted to get Zoom to spawn .. and YES I know you only get credit for 1 defeat a day on any Rogue once the mission from the contact is complete you could kill 100 of them but none count toward ANY feat associated with them. In my first post to begin this thread I do mention in the final line that I have the feat on 8 other ALTS. And not just the feat for defeating 10 in a row I mean I found and defeated 500 Rogues over a period of 50+ days on all 8. Not a single feat associated with the Rogues was purchased with replays. Believe me I am well aware of the procedures involved in obtaining Central City Rogue Bounty feats but for some reason the counter is not giving me credit and keeps resetting. Technically I should have already had the feat on Friday. I SHOULD have had the feat on Saturday again before Trickster defeated me and I will go out again today and hopefully go 9/9 but God knows if the counter will reset on me again.
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Keep track after each one to see where it’s resetting. Maybe post a video.
    • Like x 1
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have no talent at making in game videos and that would be one very LONG video without a pile of editing which I am also no good at. To explain.. I don't just go hunt Rogue Bounties... I am Exo-material hunting in between. While I am out there I also find and defeat all of the Bounties off the Wanted Posters in the safe houses. Get an alternate reward box on those and am working on the feats for obtaining Tokens of Valor that way. I also Stop at both Ace Chemical and Stryker's Island and run a daily mission while I am out.. Still working on the feats for completing all 10 missions available at each of those ;locations along with the feats for obtaining the armor the solo challenge available there hand out/. I ALSO am working on the feat for defeating the Sub Avatar 10 times in the Diamond District (up to 8 on that one and will be done in two days.. well 1 after today). :) I am normally out there around an hour or more doing all of that. COULD be a very long boring video watching me click on glowing humming rainbows between battles.

At this point the first thing I PLAN to do today is check the tracker.. because it was at 7/10 last night so if it is down to 0/10 again I WILL submit a report to customer service.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

GOOD NEWS............. So I logged in today and went and grabbed the bounty missions ...... I have not even done any of the stuff that gets me armor or awards me marks yet I wanted this done. I checked the feat before I even left my lair. I was at 8 of 10.. Had trouble sleeping last night so I came out and defeated Zoom before the reset and got to 8/10 .......... hey I was tossing and turning so why not get up and help defeat evil LOL

I went to Central City and checked the feat again.. still at 8 of 10. I grabbed the missions from the contact for the day and checked the feat again.. Still 8 of 10. I found Abra and along with one other player we attacked and defeated him. I checked the feat tab again and I was now at 9 of 10. Are you getting a feel for how paranoid all this crap has made me at this point? lol

Then I warped back to my lair and then headed to the Diamond District safe house. I headed out and located Heat Wave. and YES I was that wacked out at that point so before i even attacked him I pulled up the feat tab again and YEP I was still at 9/10. I then launched an attack and kicked his butt and AMAZINGLY after 4 days and going 25 of 26 I actually got credit for the feat. Now some one explain why that worked today but after going 9 for 9 on Thursday and then defeating Abra on Friday right after I grabbed the missions again what happened today did NOT happen then?

Ahh one of those funny little in game mysteries that keep us all guessing and keep us tearing out patches of hair as we curse at the screen THANK God that's over now.. only 457 more Rogues to go and I have all the feats :p Have I mentioned the name I gave my League is the BountyHunters Guild? hehehehe
    • Like x 2
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sorry, I forgot the smiley face. I was actually joking (in a row...) :p .

The feat you're talking about used to work cumulatively as you expect. I'm wondering if something related to the now-extinct linkdead has messed up how the game tallies that kind of stuff. The only way to really be sure would be to hit 10 in a single session.

I'm going to ask these questions just as a standard procedure, but you said you already had this feat on other alts so I know the answer is going to be affirmative.

1. You didn't already unlock the feat on this toon without realizing it, right?

2. You haven't died in between the bounties, right?

3. You are fighting actual rogues from the list and not just random world bosses like Solomon Grundy, right?
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Crazy. Well, gratz on scoring the feat finally, lol.
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL yeah well It was late last night when i read your post and my mind was not working well either... Did not even dawn on me .. He joking:p those guys are scattered every where no way to get them all on ONE roof top.
    • Like x 1
  16. dresserball Dedicated Player

Just to resay what was said. If you are KOed at any point while going for this the counter resets. It does not matter if it is due to a bounty, Doomsday, in the Hive Raid or any other place. If you get koed anywhere in the game your counter goes back to zero.
  17. Saami Loyal Player

Old feat, but i remember my former league mate saying that you cant even logoff or it may ruin the feat. So we put up feat team and killed rogues. Then we wait for reset and killed one or two more feat. Cant remember excact number.
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hate to break it to you but your league mate was wrong and kept you guys up until... 3 or 4AM so a restart could take place ? on a rumor he heard somewhere. As I have mentioned a few time in the thread I have done this feat and all the others associated with the Rogues 8 times.. Well actually as of today 9 time s with the M-M-M-M Monster Kill feat. And never ever had to sit up until 4 AM in my case and wait for the game to reset so I could get that 10th defeat without logging off. On many occasions I was able to defeat 9 Rogues in one day.. Log off, go to bed, get up go to work, Come home and eat dinner and then log back on and defeat 1 more for the feat. Heck check my post above. I got the feat today. Went to bed with 8/10 and then logged back in after a good nights sleep and my morning coffee and took out 2 more.. Had my 25 feat points. Now I logged around 2:30 AM and restart is at 4AM here. Then logged back on at about 12:30 PM .

LOL there are a number of crazy rumor in game about different feats and stuff.. I think that buddy of your got caught up in one Because I have been playing for 7 years and like I said NEVER had to sit up half the night to get that last kill without logging off. Hey the Devs can be wicked and Devious at times but not THAT wicked..
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Think I'd like a green name to verify THAT because it sound totally strange. The FEAT calls for me to defeat 10 ROGUES without having any of them defeat me. What in god's name would getting defeated by a boss in a Tier 9 raid that did not even exist when the DLC that gave us the Rogues and the feats have to do with completing it? Now to be perfectly honest I have no clue if at any point in these past few days if I was defeated between battling Rogues because I don't keep keep track that close to what I did in game besides on feats I am working on.

That kind of an extreme requirement is not present on any other feat I can think of any where in the game and makes absolutely no sense. Heck the dang feats for the Rogues is brutal enough since there is no way to replay so to get the feat for 500 defeats you HAVE to run those missions 56 days. It a little easier now that they shortened respawn times because I had days where I'd hunt for ONE Rogue for half an hour. And it can STILL be fun(??) in Central City because Abra and Zoom share the same spawn points and only 1 is ever out at a time. The other day .. I defeated Abra 6 times in a row before I finally got Zoom to spawn.

Now let's Think about this a bit cause this thought just crossed my mind..IF that is a requirement then the easiest and best thing to do to ensure you get the feat the first time you try for it would be .. Defeat all 9 Rogues ... and Then LOG off and don't play the game until you can log back in after reset and defeat 1 more. So it would encourage some players to log out at maybe 3PM and not long back in until 2 PM the next day. Meaning almost 24 hours would go by with them OFF line and not spending a dime on anything in game. LOL I wonder if some guy in Marketing will read this and have a heart attack.
  20. dresserball Dedicated Player

First off it does say without being koed. Doesn't say don't be koed by a rouge.

Also once my membership is paid they have gotten their money.

Third start on the evening and at reset time for your area go and kill the last one.

This is how the feat has always been. There is a post before mine that stated that. Reread the feat and you will see. Sometimes feats take a little thought or determination.

Hope that helps.