Rocket Jump better than Survival now?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 9001BPM, Aug 19, 2017.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Rocket Jump does a much better job of absorbing damage now, should I use it instead?
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Rocket Jump deals damage, stuns enemies, moves you around, has a 12 second duration, 3 second cooldown and 200 Power cost.

Survival is a detaunt, is beneficial and UWC, and has a 6 second duration, 18 second cooldown and 100 Power cost.

Both have unique properties that make them viable to use in different builds and situations. If you want to have a shield active 100% of the time then RJ is better suited (but will also cost you more Power, time, positioning effort and will be vulnerable to CC) but if you just want an emergency button for pickups and escapes then Survival may be better.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why does Survival drop a LOT faster than Distract and Grandeur?
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

It may be a bug, all shields were supposed to last for 12 seconds now.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, seems that way. Reflect Pain on the mental side drops fast too, but that may just be a low damage threshold if it's still using the 15% max health formula that it apparently used before the revamp instead of the normal controller shield formula.
    • Like x 1
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Yeah Reflect Pain is Health based and it's not classified as an actual shield so I guess it's actually working as intended (albeit in kind of a weird way).
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thinking of trying it on DPS, mental's a bit lacking right now, might be fun to force the enemies to pick up the slack! Really enjoy watching them kill themselves in open world xD
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I like it too. I requested that it would be made beneficial so we can clip it into any DPS rotation, but no luck :oops: