Up-Votes Needed Robot Sidekick Cooldown Broken Post-Armory

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by CROVAX, Feb 20, 2022.

1. CROVAX New Player

I cant speak for any other server, except the Switch-US, but when ever Robot Sidekick get destroyed in combat, it frequently wont allow you to respawn it in combat. Sometime it acts as if you clipped the power even after waiting for the animation to end. This sometimes creates a 15-30 second timeframe where youre just trying to spawn RSK.

I noticed that other pet power dont have this issue (My sorcery and earth toons can easily resummon their pets with out issue). Is it possible to fix this and make it so it isnt so sensitive and interruptable? Thank you for your time and I look forward to a response.
    • Like x 3
  2. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

When switching armories the robot sidekick will auto destruct. The cooldown timer should start immediately to count down but instead is freezing for a few seconds at a time (between 2 - 4 extra seconds). This can happen when/if robot sidekick is destroyed in combat (but I see that less frequently).

If robot sidekick is intentionally destroyed (hold cast) and then the armory is switched the cooldown timer functions as normal. Starting to count down as soon as the pet is destroyed.

There doesn't seem to be a reason to punish a player for switching armories and adding to the cooldown timer.

I'd like to see 1 of the proposed fixes applied at the earliest convenience.
    -Allow a player to switch armories without robot sidekick being destroyed and needing another cast (preferred)
    -Correct the glitch causing the cooldown timer to freeze so the timer starts when the pet is destroyed (if switching armories)

I'll try to catch a video to show proof of what I'm seeing. I've seen this on both the US PS4 and US PS5 servers.
    • Like x 6
  3. Leonite Well-Known Player

Hmm... I've never had two armories with the RSK so I can't confirm the bug. However, my gadget toon has two armories with the Suppressor Turret pet. When I switch between these two armories, the turret doesn't self-destruct and just stays there summoned. I've thought it worked the same way for RSK.
    • Like x 1
  4. CityboyInk New Player

This is exactly what happens.

If I remember correctly neither sorcery pets despawn when switching to other armories. But RSK always blows up exactly how you described it.

Another thing that I hate is the fact that when I summon RSK durring combat I have to either clip it with something or wait a few seconds before casting another power otherwise it destroys itself.
    • Like x 2
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I run rsk on 3 characters (for aoe and ST). Every time I change I get the 'extended cool down' time. After changing, I have to hold the summon button (like I'm de-summoning) to get the cool down to actually start, otherwise it takes plenty of seconds to start cool down itself. Then I have to also clip it with something or it will auto-destruct on summon (several times in a row).

We've asked for years for pets to stay summoned if on both loadouts we are switching from/to.
    • Like x 1
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Thank you all for confirming its not just my account! If confirming please include the following information so that we can be as specific as possible.

-Server/Console you play on
    -If this only happens in certain zone/maps
    -Your power set

I want to try to root out the problem as much as possible and should have included all this information in my first post.

I'm seeing it on...
    -PS4/5
    -All maps
    -Light/Gadgets (I haven't tested on all powers those are the two I play the most and that have multiple armories)
    -The timer is all over the place. Below is a video confirming what I'm seeing
    • Like x 1
  7. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Bump, fix the random destructs outta combat as well.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

can verify when you switch robot stays red for a while and not able to resummon unless you hold to desummon then it will let you summon again. its been this way for a while
    • Like x 1
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Yea I don't get why you can summon every other pet with no problems but we cant get robot side kick to come out as intended in the middle of combat. he even throws a shild on him self when he spawns

this has been like this for a very long time surly they can do something about it
    • Like x 1
  10. fm0987 Committed Player

Just a theory but I think it's because it uses a skill point where as power based pets are always learned, so when you switch with it in two loadouts, it's like you "un-learn" it for a sec? Annoying tho how the cooldown gets stuck unless you de-summon it first.
    • Like x 1
  11. GermanM Committed Player

This is one of the reasons why i dont like RSK (The other reason is because the robot is very ugly, you guys should allow use at least material in RSK I love DCUO so) Let´s hope they fix this because i hate when y change to another armory and the robot get and extended cooltime.