Robo Sidekick/Sidekicks - Style Change

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gundraasi, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Hi everyone :)

I could not find another topic concerning this so I started a new one. (If it's obsolete, feel free to remove or relocate it, dear devs ;))

As now seemingly every dps loadout has got a robo by his side, I was thinking: why can't we have different styles for them according to the power one is using? This should be only a cosmetic change. While I am perfectly fine with my atomic, tech-based character, having a robo, it just does not feel right with my celestial, Wonder Woman-mentored dps cahracter.

Does style matter in your loadouts too or are you simply looking for more damage? :) I like having damage, but why can't we get a style-change for our sidekicks?

Small imps and angelic creatures would be nice for celestials and demon-like characters. Animals or Fairies e.g. for Nature et cetera. It works in a lot of MMOs, why doesn't it in DCUO? Let me know what you think.
    • Like x 11
  2. HankFortensky New Player

A skyhigh thumbs-up for this. Wuold be a small step for DCUO, but a big step for the players.
  3. Rogue Pioneer Level 30

I want a peng-bot skin to use on my sidekick or maybe a star-labs Scientist
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

you are right they should have given a choice of sideskins...little robot is fine for tech/meta but even one of the old sorc pet skins...(remember the floating on fire animal skull) there should be a 'familiar" skin for crelest/sorc
  5. XEMD Well-Known Player

Thumbs up from me.
  6. Noble One Committed Player

tbh considering that this stuff was asked for waaaaay back im really surprised that the havent done it yet.
    • Like x 2
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I want a pink miniature flying gorilla.
  8. matth431 Level 30

While we're at it, can we have a Sidekick who doesn't make us look like we should be on the sex offenders register?
    • Like x 4
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

But they can't look cooler than us.
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

Titanic trenton would be my choice for a sidekick.
    For mental, i guess one of the ghosts would fit...
  11. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

What sidekick are you using???
  12. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

I love this idea!! Or else every power should have a pet power to compare with Sorcery, Earth...they out damage the hell out of poor little robot sidekick.
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Heck, in my perfect DCUO, Sidekick replaces Robot Sidekick as an Iconic Power.

That version of Sidekick would stay out permanently (unlike the Trinket version we have now) and would be fully customizable (from appearance to behavior). We could even put Skill Points into them for yet more variance.

The current Sidekick Trinket would be replaced on our Utility Belts by an Iconic Trinket. That way, we can call Superman/Batman/Green Lantern in to help. (We're in the Justice League, and we always help them ... it's only fair we get to ask for help every once in awhile.)

Of course, Iconic Trinkets would probably end up in Time Capsules, but a boy can dream! :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

...and don't forget giving them gear on top of that. Well imho that would go a bit far but hey, as long as they arre not more powerful as us - why not? It would be a totally different topic however. This post is only about the cosmetical nature of our pets.

It seems to me that even this small change is too much effort for the company to handle - or is it just because no player ever really mentioned it?
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

They kind of nerfed the sidekicks. They probably won't be used much longer.

I'm on board for RSK being changed, as long as the damage doesn't suffer. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Yeah Sidekicks should stay longer and again: I want to be able to costumize them more! The damage they do...well, they weren't overly helpful at any time. :) I am a customization freak though I have to confess.
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

RSK and Sidekick Uplink can definitely use more skin choices.
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

all sidekicks have the body of a 12 yr old or barely teenage person...the classic "Robin"esque look...of course in the comics it all somehow makes sense... but in the real world having 12 yr olds help you fight killer clowns in the gutter would probably be frowned upon by social services or the truancy officer...
  19. Tekwash Level 30

Dcuo has crappy pet selection , and the whole timer thing is cheezy

Other mmos got pets with pets and we got this ridiculously limited set of trinkets
    • Like x 3