Riddled with something, lol.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shark Dental, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Does it seem to anyone else that there are more bugs with this episode than others? I wonder if it has to do with the GU updates and fixes being added at the same time.

The amount of lag is unreal in the Zoo raid, perhaps because of the amount of people running it, but seemed heavier lag than in a very long time.

Have to say that the Zoo ambience and backdrop is very, very nice. The fights are pretty meh, IMO, but that's probably because it was originally going to be a Major Event (and still is in my POV, lol). So...many...bugs.
    • Like x 3
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I could write a long post of all the bugs i saw today. The ongoing joke among all the players i run with is "what will break when this episode or gu goes live?" Because its become the norm.

Also what is up with all the feats for collections? Not to mention there is no way to trigger OP collections to drop unless ya replay.

One last thing. I did the feat in the zoo raid today at the 2nd boss where u kill em w/in 5 seconds of each other. Its a 10 point feat. But in that same raid i came across a random penguin and it could be interacted with, so i hit it and a feat pops. Its a 10 point feat. Randomly clicking on animal has the same feat points as that 2nd boss feat that requires group coordination/communication? Who is making these feats?
    • Like x 7
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

So check this out. Twice in the span of 4 mins i lag out in the new area and get teleported back to where u come in at and in the chat Its "zone unavailable."

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

I was in the middle of fighting a problem solver that took forever to find and got teleported to my base with a zone not available message. But hey ps players said they wanted a test server guess we got our wish with all the bugs and glitches.
    • Like x 2
  5. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Not going to beat a dead horse. Plenty of other threads doing it. I just wanted the funny title.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Wasn't there a thread called Riddled with Bugs??
    For the OP collection.... I suspect that when the next TC drops... then we will be able to get the feat for the OP collection with the TC gear.

Is that why they waited before releasing the next TC??

So that people would replay to gear up on day one??
    • Like x 1
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It was created a day after I made this one, so I guess they merged it into this one.
  9. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I am just baffled. That is all I can say.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it was the first day of a new episode just be glad its not back in the day were every new episode dang near took the whole game down for a week
    • Like x 1
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

This only Thursday, Friday is tomorrow and then the weekend,

Be patient, it still has a chance to happen.
    • Like x 3
  12. BumblingB I got better.

If you didn't notice, there were far few testers. Probably got targeted too much from people. At least this time, you can't blame the testers!
    • Like x 2
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I was thinking about this last night ..... Now I have not done the duos, alert or raid yet so I can only speak from actual experience about the problem with Problem Solvers at Amusement mile. BUT from some posts i saw here last night before I logged for bed people were talking about the duos and the alert having some glitches that can make them impossible to win?

Now lets see if true that means we got a group of daily missions and one of those is nearly impossible to complete. There is a chance you could try and fail repeatedly on the duos and alerts. I didn't see anything about the raid so i have no clue if it has bugs as well .

So that means that .. there is a possibility that the ONLY mission a player can complete is the raid.. and without using replays you can ONLY do that once a week. They REALLY need to get the team busting butt because I KNOW there were a bunch of folks ticked off about the Problem Solver issue. If the duos and alert have problems too...... We have a DLC that has only 1 missions that anyone can complete? Not a good way to make your player base happy.

OF course I realize not everyone is getting hit with the glitches.. Heck I have 4 problem solvers defeated.. just can not for the life of me find number 5. And there are other players that have completed every single mission available... But if those same people log on today and hit that glitch preventing them from completing a duo or alert.. it will just make them even more angry because they know it CAN be finished.. if you get lucky

Know I have been playing MMOs for about two decades so I am very well aware that no matter how much testing a new DLC gets .. having teams test it on a server that may only have a couple thousand players on at any given time ,,, and going live and suddenly that same mission has a couple hundred THOUSAND players trying to access and play it.. can bring out bugs that laid dormant throughout the testing. But when parts of almost everything you just uploaded are broken YOU NEED to hustle and get things fixed or your player base loses a lot of respect for you and the game.
  14. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Yeah. It was mine and got combined with this one. I thought riddled with bugs was pretty damn funny.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It was funny. ;) ;)
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think that was more due to boredom, lol. This isn't a really exciting episode to run at all, lol (in my opinion). Logged on, ran everything a few times, was like, ugh, never looked back.

As for the bugs being on test, that's the weird thing to me. None of the bugs that are currently happening on live even happened on test. Armories were working totally fine, lag was curiously fine, elite loot was working fine. So...where does this stuff come from?
  17. BumblingB I got better.

A lot of times it's a previous build that didn't get the very last version of test. Others it was something that could only be found when live. Like the NPC spawn rates. Sometimes things don't show at all unless the perfect storm appears. I'm not sure what happened to the elite loot thing, but it could have gotten bugged right before it went live when they adjusted something else.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Fixing bugs can cause other bugs. We'll get it sorted as quickly as possible.
    • Like x 4
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, that makes sense. Code is a complicated web I'm sure.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

This game's code is. Blame the initial coders. They didn't make it very modular. Poor programmers have been trying to clean it up since the beginning. It is part of the reason why new additions are hard to get into the game. The other reason is the UI.
    • Like x 2