Riddled with Crime suggestions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Light Bender92, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Just 2 "issues" atm.

For starters I believe the dlc is seeing some "AF3" syndrome. The adds are few and far between. Maybe this was enough on test but it seems a little scarce considering how huge this map is. Could you devs perhaps increase the amount of adds (unless this is intended, then that's fine, it's not game breaking or anything)

Secondly I feel like the Riddler mission where you have to find the boxes is far too easy. I get it, you want people to be able to complete it. But seriously, whats the point of having the riddles there when I can find the box before the riddle is even finished? My suggestion is make the red boxes on the mini map a bit bigger, that way we have to put in some thought you know. The riddles are easy as is, so with the added small area (that brings you right to the box honestly) it makes this seem like a waste of a mission, something thrown in to keep us "occupied".

Idk tho, these are just my opinions. Thanks.
    • Like x 2
  2. AKXC Well-Known Player

Agree with the smaller boxes and the riddle quest.

I found it took way too long to find the problem solver NPCs and that quest alone took me 15 min. Their spawn time should be decreased, and even at only needing to find 5 of them it was still a pain
    • Like x 2
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

I logged in and ran dailies...litteraly took 20 minutes to find Transporters and Bag men (at least)
    Could they at least give you a clue where to find the objectives?
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Some of the open world adds are not respawning properly. We're fixing them up.
    • Like x 4
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

Thank you. That was crazy long for some of these
    • Like x 2
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Where is the 3rd riddler box? I've combed every inch of the designated area...
    • Like x 1
  7. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Is getting back to start the end of that mission, or are there some hidden ending to it? For me it sounds like the last riddle points you out of the amusement park, somewhere near water, and around som grass. Prob just me hoping for something satisfying
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I've been in the designated area for well over an hour and a half with zero "problem solver" adds spawning.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, I'm so waiting until tonight to do this. Sounds super buggy. Is there chat? ;)
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I did that mission .. remind me .. which one is third? I know where they are all hidden now just I had "where are the Problem Solvers" occupying my brain so not exactly sure which area you mean
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Problem has been identified and hopefully they have it fixed soon. Just a heads up. This is sort of the same issue as what we had when Gotham Under Siege went live with the Harpy Couriers... The quick fix solution then was the PvP zone.. DO NOT bother. I tried that .. none there either :oops:
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Wait.. is that the TENT area? if so go to the top of the tent. DO NOT PANIC I KNOW.. nothing there either. Now on each side is a pet of poles with a beam running between them .. Bare with the description its as close as I can get .... The box is sitting on one of those. If you don't find it on the first.. go look on the other one.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay totally agree with part 1 and Mepps has already said they are in the process of fixing that. Now sorry but totally disagree with part 2... Is there some reason why some of you all just are not happy unless you are sweating profusely and your fingers are bleeding after every single mission you get?

Let's see we have mission to attack and defeat any 333 mob members. Lots and lots of little battles since unlike the War Torn Village I didn't see any one spot where a team of 5-8 players could just sit and wait on the next spawn to crush. You have to go find and defeat small groups of 2-3 over an over.

FInd and defeat 42 Transporters..... Okay not as bad as the Problem Solver issue but can also take some time since everyone is looking for them.

I had a pretty good mission from Two Face where I grabbed a special tool and helped the Tormented Riddler gang members.. Only real issue was the thing can run out and you have to run back and get a new one.... No big deal at all.

Lots and lots of Lieutenants running around.. i think I defeated Poison Ivy 4 times. They put up a good fight but can be soloed and usually long before you are done some one has jumped in the get credit for the defeat. I do like the fact that while they are there for that one specific mission they do also count toward the 333 mission.

So basically you have a pretty good series of missions that require combat.. But you are unhappy because its easy to find the Riddler's clue boxes? OMG dude chill out.. its like Daybreak is saying .. "Here take this it a freebie (almost)"
    Oh yeah and just because YOU and I found it easy to solve the clues and find the boxes.... i saw two different guys in chat asking where those things were.... You'd think you big yellow arrow pointing you to the Orangish shaded area showing you exactly where to look would have been a BIG CLUE... but NOPE What is scary to me? The 11 and 12 year olds playing probably had no issue at all with that. Those guys were most likely grown adults with absolutely no clue. And the truly scary part.. they let those people drive cars and operate heavy machinery. LOL
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

15 min for the Problem Solvers???
    After 3 hrs I only had 2 out of 5.

Heck even now.... I only have 2 out of 5.

Whoever set the spawn rate for the Problem Solvers........ damm. :mad:
    • Like x 2
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Missread your post. ;) :0
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Who do you get the problem solvers mission from
  17. AKXC Well-Known Player

I kept swapping phases thats why, but yeah annoying af
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I even tried the phase swapping and still NO Problem Solvers. The spawn rate needs adjusting.... should not take too long.. (SHOULD NOT .. but who knows ?)

I'm not even sure how I managed 4..... Three of them came while I was on a team doing the 333 mission and one of the other guys found and defeated them. in all the time I was in zone i found and defeated one myself... Allow me to clarify. I was in zone early and did most of my missions including the 333. Then I went back later in the evening and hunted down all of the Joker's Lieutenants I already had all of Riddlers so I completed both those feats. I also managed to find and tag 20 gang symbols out of 33 so i figure I can finish that up tomorrow. I used a radar enhancer to find the last few briefings I needed and just flying around looking for lieutenants and Problem Solvers I have 8 of 14 collecttion pieces.

I probably spent 2 hours in that zone at different times during the day .. and ONE Problem Solver actually crossed my path. It is getting a lot of attention in LFG and shout. So its something we are all dealing with.
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay little better info now. IF you even still need it. I am pretty sure the box you asked about is the one for the TENT....

[IMG]

This is the basic location... with an arrow pointing to approximately where the puzzle box is located.....
    [IMG]
    and here, as you can see is the exact location of the box.

NOW IF YOU'D LIKE I HAVE PICTURES SHOWING WHERE MOST OF THE OTHERS ARE AS WELL :D

Oh please do not start in on me about giving away secrets by this time tomorrow 8 web sites will have the exact same thing up for any and all to see. LOL
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Overall first reactions... I am enjoying the new dailies. Lot's of variety and two different groups of "technically" bounties roaming around that we can battle and defeat. None are really hard since they may be BOSSES in other missions throughout the game but here they are just Lieutenants. They can give you a goof fight but even solo it is possible to defeat them. We get two different feats off of them because some are Team Joker while others are Team Riddler.

Not to beat an already dead horse but the Problem Solver spawn glitch is annoying but I am confident they will fix that quickly. it seemed like the Transporters/Bagmen might have has a similar issue but i think it was just a matter of being there right after the thing went live. EVERYONE had that mission and everyone was trying to defeat them .. when I went back later in the evening.. Transporters were everywhere!

While the villains have their own set of missions .. it does seem like we do not have that old situation where one side screws stuff up for the other. Both sides are after the same "Lieutenants" So you can find players from both factions pounding the tar out of Killer Kroc and everyone gets credit, I attacked a Transporter and had a Villain helping me.. I think their mission involves stealing the Cash they are "transporting" We defeated the Transporter... A bunch of loose bills suddenly flew up in my face and the villain was gone. I was still able to click on the downed mob member and get credit for MY mission. Can't really say how any other things work but just those TWO instances show me the Devs wanted to make sure everyone could use the zone and no one was messing things up for the other side.

One small thing I actually didn't even think about until i was wandering aimlessly looking for some one to solve my problems.. OKAY I SWEAR I WILL STOP.. eventually :rolleyes: Its a map of a portion of Gotham City. Now I understand why this was the case in the Wastelands.. That map may have sort of been Gotham but basically it was Gotham gone to hell. This map is just your normal average run of the mill part of Gotham filled with rival gangs ready to kill anything that moves .. in other words
    :eek: NORMAL. . So where are the exobits? Like I said not a big deal but hey I like to multitask and we can exobit hunt in Gotham Under Siege. No big deal I have an exobit route I use in Gotham anyway so i can get all I want any time. Just curious why they left them out this time. Possible answer.. they have so much spawning already on a regular basis they just didn't want to take away any spawning points for mobs and lieutenants for little glowing rainbows?
    • Like x 1