Revisiting Arts (Starheart Fragment)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaelia, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

Hello so I dove deeper into this art and leveled it up comparing to the other arts this art grants health back to players when using a group heal equal to 12.5% of your health when maxed at 200. I love this art very much and would definitely love to see this reworked to add maybe some new effects into it like power back or heal critical.

I feel like this art is very underdone comparing to the new heal arts in general and doesn’t give as much use as other healer arts where they give multiple benefits where this one gives only one.

I would also like to see a animation pop as well when using starheart fragment like when using a group heal it’ll pop (example: purple healing ray: gives off a purple light and purple shield).

Hopefully this could be possibly be an option because it’s a very cool art with its meaning and ability to do so much more. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It still has one decent use and that’s in a buff group. Since it doesn’t actually heal and just gives a larger health pool, the healer can run this while a tank runs dilistul and both will buff the buff troll running tetra/ cog. Or double troll and have more health. Definitely could use some love since that’s it’s one and only use and only works if everyone on the team is in on the plan.
    • Like x 1
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea since it was one of the OG Arts it could probably use some love I'm pretty sure I ate mine into something else not too long ago as it wasn't very useful but was also one of the first ones leveled to a decent level
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

One thing you should know about that artifact. It does NOT grant health back. It gives your group members an increased health pool. So this artifact does not actually heal anyone.
    • Like x 2
  5. Leonite Well-Known Player

This ^ When I found that out, my first thought was, can my fire tank use this? But no, it is tied to a "group heal" superpower which tanks do not have. IMO, this should be a tank artifact.
  6. Reverse Sentry Active Player

This might be something for you ;): Dilustel Refractor | DC Universe Online Wiki | Fandom
  7. L T Devoted Player

It's actually a decent might and precision buff if your group mates are using the artifacts that work with it. That having been said, there are a few Artifacts that could use some polishing, including:

StarHeart Fragment - need the right group or mostly useless.
    Dilustel Refractor -see above. Gives Tank a little survivability, but not as much as other arts.
    Rings of Azar -- See above. Not at all useful for trolls.
    Demon's Fang - power is useful, damage is weak
    Venom Wrist Dispenser - got a little over-nerfed. Make buff longer and/or decrease power penalty?
    Gem of Horus - cool down is awkward. Needs to not change at Level 200.
    Omegahedron -- really not sure what to do with this one.

Did I miss any?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

La mort should get some love. Really all it needs is better base stats. It’s a rather large hit if it crits when it unloads it’s stacks. If it combines with berserk or circuit breaker, never tested that myself, it could be killer. But finisher with la mort at 200 was weaker than solar amp/ hv at 120. Combo them up tho and you do get some great st damage.

Bop, just need to find the right group to run it with. With as many pet builds as possible in that group.

Computos itself doesn’t need help, hybrid playstyle does.

Rings of azar is the health buff one right? That works if there’s 2 trolls and one is buffing the buffer.

The rest, yeah. Make them useful/ adjust some base stats.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Agree, except the power return from fang is minimal. Helpful in a pinch, but %2.2 of your restoration over the duration of attacks is still kinda low. With 80k restoration, you're getting less than 12k power back. That, and the damage for sure, could use a serious boost. Raw stats and % boosters are nice though.
  11. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Lazarus Pit Water is an April Fools joke. LOL
  12. L T Devoted Player

I dunno-- I see quite a few tanks making Lasso work well. And Grimbor's Chain is like everywhere.

Lazurus Pit-- it is what it is. Most of the buffs I can think of for it would result in something mostly broken. I don't think there's any helping it.

I think all Computo needs is for the effects to last a lot longer. Seemed like I'd lose my bars going from one set of adds to the next when I tested it. Could maybe stand to get the bars to fill up faster, or to have the redistributor ray do some damage before the bars are filled up all the way.

Sparring AI could use some improvements though. That one definitely belongs on the list.
  13. Leonite Well-Known Player

14. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Lasso of Truth is for fun, in normal content it is viable.
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think lasso just confuses too many players. They don’t understand that anything tethered can just walk away and attack the group. I’ve seen it in end game elites and they knew how to use it well. Has to be followed up with some aggro grab like without mercy. I’ve also seen far more players use it wrong and the adds just walk around stomping players. That’s what makes players hate users of it. That and if they drag and drag and dragggg. Not everyone understands how splitting damage works. If you group up 3 adds, we can melt. If you group up 8, still ok. 15, slow burn ahead.
    • Like x 3
  16. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Interesting. I don't play elite content with Lasso of Truth, but I would like to see someone using it well and correctly.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This!!!!

I had someone say it drops aggro on aoe lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It’s a playstyle choice. If they’re big into kiting, they can spam lasso and run the room. Plus some just use it for hallways. But it was pretty great in the 3rd fight of sffe. Technically it is pretty useful for off tank in the Laois fight of tsde since you want to hood the adds for a sec while you pick out the sniper. But then it’s a terrible choice in the rest of the fights cuz those adds are painful.
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It really does seem like it haha. They just don’t understand they never had it to lose it. Which due to the wording/ description of general tank roles, I get their confusion. It’s hard to explain that yes every move a tank does gets aggro. Except this. Or that. Sometimes that too. Don’t forget about this tho. Lol like just make some moves aggro and some not and word it properly and we’d probably be all set.
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The way I’ve always explained it to people is that any action you take puts an aggro bubble around yourself and the primary target. This includes damaging and none damaging abilities. ST taunts (taunts that say can override other tanks taunts) will bypass the bubbles and only taunt the primary target and won’t place those bubbles.

Lasso being one of these taunts only puts aggro on your primary target so even when using the artifact it doesn’t cause any additional taunts.
    • Like x 2