Revenge

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KillshotX, May 10, 2014.

1. KillshotX Well-Known Player

EUPC LEGENDS 2 Tournament 2v2 (Revenge) 16th May (Featured LIVE on FNL)

The 1st tournament produced the champions Clutchmeister and Doktor Wi***r from Nerf Please.

The bounty of 4k sc/7cash is still on for anyone who can knock them out of the tournament. Can anyone beat them? Can this unholy union be broken?

Can the top seed be dethroned? Can USPC/PS, EUPC/PS players take the stage and reach the semis-finals to duke it out on FNL Live stream. This tournament is open to all.

1st prize of 3k sc/7cash
    2nd prize of 2ksc/7cash
    3rd prize of 1ksc/7cash

Signup on Challonge.com/EUPCLEGENDS2

Revenge awaits,
    -KillshotX
    • Like x 4
  2. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Bring it!
    • Like x 1
  3. RiskVsReward New Player

When are there going to be real arena tournaments? None of this legends business. Hopefully after the pvp revamp.
  4. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

And what exactly is wrong with legends?
    • Like x 2
  5. RiskVsReward New Player

Nothing at all, I just love seeing the different roles and powers and the way people play them... Legends are cool, I just feel like I'm test driving someone else car when I'm playing legends.

I'm just curious on why we never see non legend tourneys much in this game... Is it because of the current state of pvp with HT mods, consumables and debuffs or what?

I don't feel like it's much if an imbalance between powersets.
    • Like x 1
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Ah I get you, I thought you were hating on legends for a second.

I think multiple reasons play into it:

When all of the HT stuff was introduced loads of people were just angered by it as it wasn't needed & a large amount of veteran PvPers left (at least on the PC side).

Arena tournaments would be harder to fill due to a combination of 1. More players being needed per team as 4v4-5v5 are the prevalent game types for arenas 2. It's harder to have cross server competition with arenas as with legends you only need to get up to level 5 and then farm your desired character (or just use a MP char and no farming required). With Arenas you need to level to 30, you need to farm four sets of gear, need to farm your HT mainframe and you either need to farm SP or use replay badges (I would also say farm consumables etc. but at least you could get others to do this for you).

On top of this, it's harder to balance from the devs point of view as anything they do in PvP effects PvE. Having legends as their main competitive mode enables them to change things at will without it effecting the rest of the game, they can even change weapons as some use their own unique or modified versions. I would also argue that the imbalances between powersets is great than the imbalances between legends, legends as it is currently is in one of the most balanced states it has been in since launch. A couple more fixes to the top/low tier legends and it will soon be shaping up to be a mode where over half of the cast are viable at a top level.

A big benefit of legends as well is that it relies more heavily on the counter mechanics. Due to HT there are ways of bypassing the counter mechanics or ways of dealing a large amount of damage and surviving effectively without needing to rely heavily on counters within arenas. Hopefully this will change when arenas (hopefully) take a step back towards the golden age, however I think legends will always have a slightly bigger importance placed on counter mechanics and this will always lend itself more to the competitive scene as it will leave a higher skill ceiling.

The last paragraph is more my opinion but everything else is pretty true when you think about it, I certainly wouldn't be against more arena tournaments though. Whatever makes people happy.
    • Like x 2
  7. RiskVsReward New Player

Yeah, I see what your saying. Lots of factors make it harder to do regular arena tourneys. I really hope the pvp revamp does some good to the regular arena side. I assume that most top tier legend players are also good regular arena players as well. Thanks for the detailed answer
  8. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Remember guys, if your from another server, you will need time to farm the marks you want, unless your going to use an SC char.
    Come test your mettle against EUPC!
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Up to 17 teams so far! 7 new additions in the past day alone, hurry up and join before the spots run out!
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Now up to 22, make sure to join up fast if you wish to participate!
  11. KillshotX Well-Known Player